Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

The only problem is I don't care what reporter is up too.  I just want her off my screen. Another fail.

I would only be interested in it if it resulted in a "trusting her was stupid and you are stupid for trusting her" kinda way, but since they seem to be setting her up as the kind of person who goes easy on people once she learns about them (she should seriously go work for People or something - investigative journalism isn't for weak-ass people like her), that's not gonna happen. And I'm guessing that's where they intended to take it all along.

• Love 9
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I would only be interested in it if it resulted in a "trusting her was stupid and you are stupid for trusting her" kinda way

I wish this was the entire point of the whole season: Oliver trusting the wrong people. Then by season's end, they get rid of the new characters and back to the core characters of the show.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Sounds like they're trying to redeem Susan since she goes easy on Lance after hearing Rene's story. Kind of don't get the whole point about making her so shady early in the season

She goes easy on Lance and the audience thinks she's good just as she finds out that Oliver is the Green Arrow. I think her finding out Oliver is GA is bigger than her not exposing Lance for his drinking problems.

• Love 1

If she goes easy on Lance once she hears a sob story, then what was the point of her all along?  She's Chekhov's gun that is never fired,

Meanwhile we proceed with the "we're trying to save Rene" arc x 1000.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

If the reporter is straightforward with Oliver why would the team keep the secret from him? At the GA secret affects the team and especially Felicity and Diggle since they were with him since the beginning 

Maybe Felicity finds something connected to Susan on Pandora, starts looking into it, mentions it to one or two other people, then, if Lance and Rene find out Susan knows Oliver's GA, they bring that up and then the team knows about Susan before Oliver. 

5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

She goes easy on Lance and the audience thinks she's good just as she finds out that Oliver is the Green Arrow. I think her finding out Oliver is GA is bigger than her not exposing Lance for his drinking problems.

Seems like the Lance thing is foreshadowing - we've seen before that she can apparently be swayed by personal connections. I think they're just setting her up to give Oliver a pass. 

• Love 4

This storyline is so dumbtastic. Susan is actively investigating all sorts of shit about Oliver that are super duper true, but they write her as the ~sultry seductress shady reporter~ who sleeps with the subject of her investigation, so all I get is 1. cognitive dissonance of an investigative reporter being written in the worst possible way while investigating SHIT THAT IS TRUE, and 2. Oliver is so stupid I truly believe he has a brain tumor growing fast that's making him lose IQ exponentially.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Seems like the Lance thing is foreshadowing - we've seen before that she can apparently be swayed by personal connections. I think they're just setting her up to give Oliver a pass. 

All of that when those 2 didn't even go all in yet? 

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

since he wasn't in the Team Finds Out what  Susan knows scene (in 14). Although, personally I really hope that's not the case.

How do we know there's such a scene? I mean, is it speculation or there are spoilers about it?

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

Unless the "all in" part is that she is his girlfriend from this episode on and their relationship developed mostly off screen.

The girl who knows about Russia wouldn't be snoopy about that big ass Bratva tattoo on his chest? I just think these two still didn't go there. 

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

All of that when those 2 didn't even go all in yet? 

Yeah? She gave Oliver a 30-day reprieve on reporting on his administration after a 2-minute convo. She seems like she's going easy on Lance after a 2-minute convo about the kind of guy he is. She's been shadily at least casually dating Oliver for a month in show time (who knows what the state of their actual relationship is now) - he's confessed his insecurities to her twice, and who knows what else she's learned about him off-camera, or what will happen from now until the ep where she has to decide whether or not to out him? 

I'd love for them to swerve and have her actually out him, but at this point I just don't think it's gonna happen. 

• Love 4

He is going to find out that she knows everything, forgive her, continue to date her and WM is going to give an interview about how these two really trust and care about each other.

THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS!

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah? She gave Oliver a 30-day reprieve on reporting on his administration after a 2-minute convo. She seems like she's going easy on Lance after a 2-minute convo about the kind of guy he is. She's been shadily at least casually dating Oliver for a month in show time (who knows what the state of their actual relationship is now) - he's confessed his insecurities to her twice, and who knows what else she's learned about him off-camera, or what will happen from now until the ep where she has to decide whether or not to out him? 

I'd love for them to swerve and have her actually out him, but at this point I just don't think it's gonna happen. 

For me it depends on the timing when the reporter finds out about Oliver. Is she all nice during the episode with Lance because she has a bigger story in mind with Oliver. And her realizing Olivers secrets is at the end of the episode. I would say shade potential big time. 

And it sounds like something they would have for the end of the episode. 

Edited by Velocity23

Trying to redeem Susan and show she's ultimately good is the dumbest thing ever. What exactly was the point of her then? Aside from being a ship stall, what purpose does she serve? That Oliver was right to trust a reporter? 

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more dumb...

1 hour ago, Sunshine said:

I wondered if something had changed too or if they brought her on without really knowing where they were going with the character.  

She may be Isabelle 2.0 in the sense that Summer Glau thought she was coming in as a love interest with questionable motives, but they switched her to full on villain.  Likewise, Caity coming in thinking she was going to have a romance with Slade and possibly turn into ravager, but flipping into hero/love interest for Oliver.  I really think having her screw Thea over at the beginning permanently tarnished her--not that I was pre-disposed to like her anyway--but I feel like they will want Oliver to be right to trust her and so she will do something noble.

Yes another instance of "Have the writers created a character with nuanced layers, or are they just bad writers who don't stick to characterization?"

• Love 7

Maybe we'll see Susan giving Lance a break, then Oliver comes back from Russia and goes to her apartment, and we see something else Russia-related lurking in the background. Maybe he'll even talk to her about how he's worried about his friends (Diggle and Felicity).

My preferred resolution to this storyline would be for Felicity to find out that Susan is shady before Oliver does, then gets to her and basically threatens her to within an inch of her life if she reveals anything at all about Oliver's past, his Russian ties, etc. And she decides not to do it because she has genuine feelings for her own life, and not Oliver. 

• Love 15

The girl who knows about Russia wouldn't be snoopy about that big ass Bratva tattoo on his chest? I just think these two still didn't go there. 

But she is all snoopy already LOL. We know she is digging into his time in Russia, we don't need more evidence of that. I find it hard to believe that two people in their thirties that dated, even casually, for a while have never had sex but I was talking about Wendy's comment, not about that. Maybe with all in she didn't mean we are going to see them having sex on screen but that we are going to see them in a relationship acknowledged as such from either them or other characters.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But she is all snoopy already LOL. We know she is digging into his time in Russia, we don't need more evidence of that. I find it hard to believe that two people in their thirties that dated, even casually, for a while have never had sex but I was talking about Wendy's comment, not about that. Maybe with all in she didn't mean we are going to see them having sex on screen but that we are going to see them in a relationship acknowledged as such from either them or other characters.

Because she knows he is hiding something. And she is definitely digging deeper in tonights episode. Maybe she finds what is behind the Russia connection also. 

This reporter storyline could have worked if it involved Thea.  Thea could have found out she was snooping into Oliver's past etc.. but these writers have to somehow always involve Oliver with every female that comes onto this show.  Gosh I am bitter today.

• Love 4

Because she knows he is hiding something. And she is definitely digging deeper in tonights episode. Maybe she finds what is behind the Russia connection also. 

What does this have to do with what Wendy might have meant with her "all in" comment?

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm just waiting for Tinah to find out everything and go, "Wait, this is the guy I signed up to work with? Why didn't I know this before I moved to Star City? False advertising! Oliver's an idiot!" 

What does that say about her- isn't she suppose to be his equal lol

• Love 2

What does this have to do with what Wendy might have meant with her "all in" comment?

I think  it will be referenced today when Susan gets the info why they didn't go all in. Because she would know certain things.

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

For me it depends on the timing when the reporter finds out about Oliver. Is she all nice during the episode with Lance because she has a bigger story in mind with Oliver. And her realizing Olivers secrets is at the end of the episode. I would say shade potential big time. 

And it sounds like something they would have for the end of the episode. 

I'm not really sure how this relates to my comment? I think they have set precedent that Susan can be swayed by personal stories/involvement with people, and it seems as if this precedent combined with Stephen's comment about Susan just being a reporter looking for a story/not Isabel 2.0 indicates that she isn't going to report on what she's found out about Oliver. She can dig into him all she wants for as long as she wants with all the intention in the world of following through, but if she doesn't then her intent is useless. 

So, ultimately I think she's going to decide not to report on what she's found - whether she's threatened into it (my preferred scenario, even though it's a reach), or decides not to on her own because she realizes that the Green Arrow does good and the city needs him. I'm guessing the whole being wanted for murder of a cop thing is going to come into play with that in 14 based on the synopsis (which is why I hope Felicity threatens her to keep her quiet, haha).

• Love 1

So...let's just say they are redeeming Susan. She finds out Oliver is GA and doesn't tell anyone because of her "genuine feelings." What next? Is Oliver just gonna date her for the rest of the season? Does she just go back to reporting on meaningless crap?

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around what their endgame is for her character, if not to be super shady.

Edited by Guest

Is she the one that gives the tip that the Green Arrow killed officer Malone and that's why he gets arrested? I can't see Adrian doing that and it's not in the best interest for Prometheus to release that footage so my only thing is she does it. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm not really sure how this relates to my comment? I think they have set precedent that Susan can be swayed by personal stories/involvement with people, and it seems as if this precedent combined with Stephen's comment about Susan just being a reporter looking for a story/not Isabel 2.0 indicates that she isn't going to report on what she's found out about Oliver. She can dig into him all she wants for as long as she wants with all the intention in the world of following through, but if she doesn't then her intent is useless. 

So, ultimately I think she's going to decide not to report on what she's found - whether she's threatened into it (my preferred scenario, even though it's a reach), or decides not to on her own because she realizes that the Green Arrow does good and the city needs him. I'm guessing the whole being wanted for murder of a cop thing is going to come into play with that in 14 based on the synopsis (which is why I hope Felicity threatens her to keep her quiet, haha).

I wouldn't be surprised if there is scene with Thea and Reporter or Felicity and Reporter (or all three hopefully) to that affect in 5x14. We know Reporter is in 5x14 and she liked the tweet EBR sent WH about acting faster.

So you think they are going all in the next episodes? 

That i am not sure. Maybe it just happens off-screen. 5x13 is the Wild Dog episode and she isn't listed on IMDB but there is some random reporter #2. And it looks like its the episode Artemis returns. 

Just now, Angel12d said:

So...let's just say they are redeeming Susan. She finds out Oliver is GA and doesn't tell anyone because of her "genuine feelings." What next? Is Oliver just gonna date her for the rest of the season? Does she just go back to reporting on meaningless crap?

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around what their endgame is for her character, if not to be super shady?

She tells him she loves him after getting injured and ending up in the hospital (where Oliver doesn't leave her side), he flees, maybe offers her some jello, they break up the next episode and in that same episode, Oliver and Felicity get back together. What do you mean that's a repeat of S3? S1-4 don't exist in the writers' minds. They forgot they happened and think that's new. 

• Love 7
Just now, Angel12d said:

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around what their endgame is for her character, if not to be super shady?

No clue, and another thing I don't get: even if Susan ultimately decided not to out Oliver, she's getting all this info from and sharing all her thoughts about it with this PI, right? Who could very easily turn around and sell it to an actual journalist or law enforcement type? This is real-world-logic which I should never try to apply to Arrow, probably.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm seriously trying to wrap my head around what their endgame is for her character, if not to be super shady.

Getting killed? LOL, Idk. But if she is also tied to Prometheus or Talia they might decide to get rid of her.

• Love 1

I still want to know what her producer thinks she's doing. Did she tell him she was looking into Oliver? Did her producer just go, "Oh, 30 day reprieve, sure, no problem. Have fun getting drinks with him tonight!" Will she try to blame her producer (again) if whatever she finds gets out? 

2 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

No clue, and another thing I don't get: even if Susan ultimately decided not to out Oliver, she's getting all this info from and sharing all her thoughts about it with this PI, right? Who could very easily turn around and sell it to an actual journalist or law enforcement type? This is real-world-logic which I should never try to apply to Arrow, probably.

Shh, that PI no longer exists if the writers don't want him to exist. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

This is why I'm hoping that Felicity threatens her into not outing Oliver as Green Arrow. 

Seems like tonight Susie starts putting 2+2 together (I don't know who else could be saying the "If Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow" line since the only other person who doesn't know is Chase, and he's not investigating Oliver like Susie is). So, surely if she thinks Oliver is the Green Arrow, and two weeks later a warrant is out for his arrest for the murder of a cop she'd be compelled to report on that? Felicity knows that Oliver was tricked into killing Billy, and would be in a unique position to be able to persuade Susan to not tell (thanks, Pandora!). Maybe Felicity goes digging into her past and the scar on her wrist and some other kinds of connections come into play that ultimately result in her deciding to keep quiet. 

Otherwise, I got nothing.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

She tells him she loves him after getting injured and ending up in the hospital (where Oliver doesn't leave her side), he flees, maybe offers her some jello, they break up the next episode and in that same episode, Oliver and Felicity get back together. What do you mean that's a repeat of S3? S1-4 don't exist in the writers' minds. They forgot they happened and think that's new. 

Haha, I don't think that's gonna happen tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Getting killed? LOL, Idk. But if she is also tied to Prometheus or Talia they might decide to get rid of her.

Maybe? I'd prefer it if she's linked to Prometheus or Talia but it's starting to look like she's just an average reporter looking for a story but falls in love with her subject in the process. Lame.

I just don't get it. I mean, even Mayo had a purpose. A dumb one but he was there for a) Oliver to kill/trigger Felicity's 'dark' arc and b) so it was okay for Oliver to move on and date other people. Outside of love interest, what's the point of Susan?

Edited by Guest

That i am not sure. Maybe it just happens off-screen. 5x13 is the Wild Dog episode and she isn't listed on IMDB but there is some random reporter #2. And it looks like its the episode Artemis returns. 

If you think it might happen off screen than you don't think her seeing the tattoo is that important to the story that the viewers have to see that moment.. I'm still going to hope the "all in" comment wasn't about them having sex but she meant we are supposed to view them in a relationship and the most intimate scene on screen will remain the one in 509. I'm really not interested in seeing more LOL

• Love 1

If you think it might happen off screen than you don't think her seeing the tattoo is that important to the story that the viewers have to see that moment.. I'm still going to hope the "all in" comment wasn't about them having sex but she meant we are supposed to view them in a relationship and the most intimate scene on screen will remain the one in 509. I'm really not interested in seeing more LOL

I figured they'd want to show her seeing the tattoo for the first time, but the more I think about it the more I think that doesn't really matter - I figured since they'd been so anvil-y about every other damn shady thing that they'd show her caressing it and being like, "Oooh, what is this," but I think all that's needed is an understanding that she knows what the tattoo is and she's seen it before, and that could easily be accomplished with a line or two. So, who knows. If we dodged the first time bullet, then hooray IMO.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This is why I'm hoping that Felicity threatens her into not outing Oliver as Green Arrow. 

Seems like tonight Susie starts putting 2+2 together (I don't know who else could be saying the "If Oliver Queen is the Green Arrow" line since the only other person who doesn't know is Chase, and he's not investigating Oliver like Susie is). So, surely if she thinks Oliver is the Green Arrow, and two weeks later a warrant is out for his arrest for the murder of a cop she'd be compelled to report on that? Felicity knows that Oliver was tricked into killing Billy, and would be in a unique position to be able to persuade Susan to not tell (thanks, Pandora!). Maybe Felicity goes digging into her past and the scar on her wrist and some other kinds of connections come into play that ultimately result in her deciding to keep quiet. 

Otherwise, I got nothing.

Me too. 

So she could sit on the GA info for the next couple of episodes but might decide to write about him once she finds out he murdered a cop? It seems strange though because GA already has a history of murder, so wouldn't she already be compelled to out him if that was a concern to her? IDK.

I just hope there's more to her than reporter just looking for a story who changes her mind because of Oliver's magic dick. Yikes.

I could see them making a big deal about the tattoo if we didn't really see the tattoo that often. But I think the fact that they establish that they're dating would mean they're sleeping together and that would mean she would have seen him shirtless. So since the audience already  knows Oliver's Bratva tattoo exists, we don't need to see him being in bed with her for her to get a clue on the tattoo meaning he was once  a Bratva captain. 

Maybe honest conversation in 5.14 - 5.15 (emotional danger).  They think they can go forward.  There is a banged up limo in 5.15 (physical danger).  Maybe she leaves similar to McKenna Hall instead of death.  Isn't part of the purpose of Billy/Susan to show the dangers of relationships with people outside the vigilante life? Prometheus might have killed Billy if he got too close anyway but WM was spinning it as he died because of his connection to Felicity.  SA teased that before it happened.

11 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

There can show Olivers tattoo in the reporter's presence without them actually showing the hook up. 

Isnt the reporter also in 5x16. 

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I figured they'd want to show her seeing the tattoo for the first time, but the more I think about it the more I think that doesn't really matter - I figured since they'd been so anvil-y about every other damn shady thing that they'd show her caressing it and being like, "Oooh, what is this," but I think all that's needed is an understanding that she knows what the tattoo is and she's seen it before, and that could easily be accomplished with a line or two. So, who knows. If we dodged the first time bullet, then hooray IMO.

I agree. I thought they were going to show that moment but the more time passes the less likely it seems to me. It's a mix of doubting that two adults that have been dating for a while have never had sex and the fact that we are running out of time before her secret comes out and she isn't even in every episode. I don't know what would be the point of her finding out about the tattoo the episode before they find out her secret for example. It would also be my personal preference if their relationship was more implied than showed so that probably plays a part too. LOL. We will see.

• Love 2

I definitely don't believe we will see a oliver/susan hook up. We will see him shirtless and get the tattoo just as she is looking at the pics of him with the tattoo and discovering who he is. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1

There can show Olivers tattoo in the reporter's presence without them actually showing the hook up. 

Isnt the reporter also in 5x16. 

Yeah but what would be the point? She has been investigating his time in Russia already so it's not like seeing the tattoo is going to change much. By then she is also going to know he is the GA and killed a cop so the "OMG she saw her tattoo" moment would feel anticlimactic IMO. It would have had an impact if it happened in the mid season finale for example but at this point she knows so much.

• Love 4

Yeah but what would be the point? She has been investigating his time in Russia already so it's not like seeing the tattoo is going to change much. By then she is also going to know he is the GA and killed a cop so the "OMG she saw her tattoo" moment would feel anticlimactic IMO. It would have had an impact if it happened in the mid season finale for example but at this point she knows so much.

Maybe Oliver is gonna try to open up to her but the reporter knew all along.