Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Games

Board games become popular thanks to Milton Bradley; a pinball banned is overturned with help from Roger Sharpe; Bobby Fischer beats Boris Spassky at chess during the Cold War.

Featuring: Topher Grace as Milton Bradley “The Game Of Life;” Zach Gilford as Roger Sharpe in “The Prohibition of Pinball”; Taran Killam as Bobby Fischer and Jake Johnson as Boris Spassky in “Bobby Fischer, King of the Chess People”

Retellers: Lauren Lapkus on “The Game Of Life”; Craig Anstett on “The Prohibition of Pinball”; and Rich Fulcher on “Bobby Fischer, King of the Chess People”

Not that I was going to, but I definitely don't need to see that Bobby Fischer movie now. I thought Taran was great as Bobby. I liked him slinking past the cameras as he complained about everything and eating peanuts.

I thought Derek would slap Craig again at the end after they stopped hugging.

"Are you drunk now?" "No. God just made me look like this."

Ha! I feel him. I feel the same except God made me look angry/bored all the time, not drunk. Resting Bitchface to the max.

Fulcher narrated what is probably my all-time favorite story, the Lincoln Lawyer "ape arms" story from season 1.  As far as I'm concerned they could just have him narrate everything from now on.  He is that hilarious.  And Taran Killam was great too.  

• Love 1

Fulcher is my all time favorite storyteller.  I love everything that comes out of his mouth. The other stories were ok, but after Bobby Fisher, I barely remember them. The man is genius at this!

Edited by Arynm
  • Love 2

I remember Bobby Fisher being a thing when I was a kid, and this was years after he won. I didn't know they had to play 24 matches! And shown in bars! The second guy was too drunk and just didn't bring it. Please, more women narrators. 

The 70s styles for the 2nd and 3rd narration were excellent though.

What would you do for a Klondike bar? 

I wouldn't wikipedia my dingus. 

Even Derek was caught off on that one. 

Wow, is he getting so drunker this season. 

• Love 1