Type keyword(s) to search

Signed, Sealed, Delivered Truth Be Told

The POstables are on a mission to deliver a soldier's letter from Afghanistan to a teenager who's being relentlessly bullied, while Oliver's estranged father surprises him with news that shakes him to his core.  

I could watch these movies forever. I wish it was still a weekly series, but I'll take what I can get!

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 2

I like them too. Unashamably sweet.

Nice seeing Gregory Harrison. (He has aged well!)

Also nice seeing the sweet, slow progression of the relationships among the main characters.

And they're going to save the little girl's mother in the next one. Yayyyyy!

*sniff* I have to go wipe my eyes now.

• Love 1

Hmm, I'm a little tired of Oliver's angst, first it was his wife, now his mother & fathers. I'm also a little tired of Rita & Norman's grade school relationship, these are 2 grownups, they need to let them act like grownups.

I agree; there is a reason these people found their place in this insulated office of broken communication.  That polished exterior we saw in Oliver in the beginning of the first episode is now fully visible as protective armor, and we can see why he needs it.  Agree that Gregory Harrison looks great for any age, and it was wonderful to see him.  His character also needs some healing; hope he will be back. 

• Love 1

I was surprised at how much I felt for Gregory Harrison's character. The guy fell in love with this baby boy at first sight (I wouldn't be surprised if he put his name on the birth certificate without a second thought), got screwed by his wife (over and over, it seems), finally got left by her, and took all the blame because he loved his son so much he didn't have the heart to tell him the truth about what really happened.

Yes, it was pretty damned cold that he waited until five days after Oliver's mother's death to inform him (and he loses points for that), but it had to be difficult, to say the least.

(Somewhat off-subject, but I had to keep correcting myself after calling Oliver's father Oliver because of those Au Pair movies.)

I like these characters and these movies. Looking forward to the next one.

I liked the series too but I'm finding that I prefer getting the stories in two hour segments.  There's so much TV on that it's just easier for me to cach up on.

I don't mind when they focus on the histories of the characters but I have to like the form that those histories take.  I didn't need to see Oliver's wife, especially since she was played by Poppy Montgomery who leaves me a bit cold.  So for that reason I didn't love the last movie.  Having another movie focusing how someone had "done Oliver wrong" had me nervous but I ended up loving this movie almost as much as the first movie (the original movie pre-series, not the Christmas movie.) 

I think a lot of it had to do with Gregory Harrison who I really enjoy. (And now I want to watch those Au Pair movies again.)  But I also like that every relationship took steps forward.  I don't care that Norman was hesitant after such a huge confession from Rita before they even dated.  Yet, I'm glad he worked through it an they are dating.  I like that there is definitely something happening between Oliver and Shane but they're taking care, especially since his marriage just ended.

I'm looking forward to the next installment.  Does anyone remember if that's the last one planned? 

• Love 1

Yes, it was pretty damned cold that he waited until five days after Oliver's mother's death to inform him (and he loses points for that), but it had to be difficult, to say the least.

Didn't Gregory Harrison find Oliver because the bio-Dad died and named Oliver in the will, so GH had to tell Oliver the truth? I thought they said his mom died some time ago.

Didn't Gregory Harrison find Oliver because the bio-Dad died and named Oliver in the will, so GH had to tell Oliver the truth? I thought they said his mom died some time ago.

While Oliver was telling Shane what happened between him and Papa O'Toole, he told her that Papa had told him on a Friday that his mama had died that past Monday, which is what I was referring to.

Although now that I'm thinking about it, Papa may not have heard until several days after the fact, since the Schmidtzes were such deadbeats.

Edited by katie9918

Although now that I'm thinking about it, Papa may not have heard until several days after the fact, since the Schmidtzes were such deadbeats.

That's how I interpreted it.  He told Oliver when he heard but that may have been days after it happened.

That's how I interpreted it. He told Oliver when he heard but that may have been days after it happened.

That makes Papa Joe O'Toole even more sympathetic.

I hope to see him again in the future. They need a team dad and he already likes Shane.

I just finished watching the 2nd movie, they really had to stretch the postal thing for this one. I hope if there are movies they go back to delivering letters. I'm also not thrilled about the religion pushing it feels like they're doing. 

If you are talking about the Congressional testimony episode, I agree, this was really stretching it.  And the beauty/talent pageant was a ridiculous subplot.

Bring back Gregory Harrison!

I don't see much actual religion-pushing going on. Oliver seems to be a faith-based man, but he's one out of four main characters. And I find it refreshing and surprising in a good way that even one out of four main characters (especially since it's one of the two male characters) is permitted to show any kind of faith, even if it is Hallmark.

• Love 3