Type keyword(s) to search

Sarah's Marathon Diary: 'Do You Understand How Dumb A Suggestion That Is?'

Perfectly stated:

It's passive-aggressive undermining, and Efram in particular is teaching a master class in it.

I'm not much of a binge-watcher, but I blasted through this season pretty quickly, plus the movie was available on one of Showtime's sub-channels, so I saw it. They were very lucky to have Shia, I'll just say.  (Still haven't succumbed to the need to see Stolen Summer just to have seen it.  And OT: is it true that Pete Jones will be seen in S4?)

Cheap gossip: there was a fleeting mention, maybe by a reporter at the premiere or the junket that Chris and Erica were a thing?

Shaker Heights is also on Netflix currently! I watched it after finishing s2 and it was...an interesting viewing experience, but only because of the context of having watched it get made on PG.

Inspired by Sarah's marathon diary after missing the show entirely the first time around, I watched seasons 1-3, The Battle of Shaker Heights, The Chair, AND Hollidaysburg IN ONE WEEKEND. Best weekend ever, really.

Cheap gossip: there was a fleeting mention, maybe by a reporter at the premiere or the junket that Chris and Erica were a thing?

The reporter just said viewers thought that, Chris is still married to the same woman from before the show ever started.

I think people got that vibe because Chris always went to bat for her which I think was partly because she was easy to work with, he liked her script, wanting to standup for the dual winner concept being equals, and because Ephram and Kyle annoyed the shit out of him.

I mean even Bayless who was Ephram and Kyle's biggest supporter seemed to prefer her. It always cracked me up that even he said they often made it difficult to support them and his big speech to Chris to support the movie was basically: yes, they are annoying passive agressive dicks but the project is about more than the two of them and Chris shouldn't be bailing on the rest of the people who worked hard.

Edited by biakbiak

I went looking for the movie and didn't find it On Demand -- I should look again!

I think it's fascinating to think about how Shia could have turned it around as he grew up, but obviously didn't. I mean, Matt and Ben were kind of dicks as wunderkinds, too, but they both grew up fine, you know? 

and because Ephram and Kyle annoyed the shit out of him.

I've never worked with Ephram and Kyle and they annoyed the shit out of me. I don't know how Moore and Balis didn't drink themselves into a coma after dealing with those two.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2

I think I saw somewhere that Erica did sell or option a decent number of things.

I also discovered that the female directing finalist who was so into Shaker Heights has done a good bit of TV work since. So, maybe they went with the wrong director :)

This season was definitely better on the production insider side, and the amateurs managed to screw this movie up in a completely different way than the first time.

Just, what is that Amos and Andy thing Ephram does when he thinks he's being adorable? Because wow, it's awful. And pretty sad when the troubled sixteen year old has to tell the grown man directing him to dial it back because he's embarrassing.