Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Ernest & Jin

• Start Topic

Hi.  We're brothers and professional dancers.  One of us was even on So You Think You Can Dance.

Well, another black brothers team, but the first not to be twins (after Shola & Doyin and Idries & Jamil) were twins.  They seem nice and fit, so I'm smelling alpha-male potential.  Would be about time we had another black alpha-male team.  I think Flight Time & Big Easy were the last one we had.

While I do feel for these two due to their homeless situation, I have to say that they really need to just get real jobs since their dancing isn't paying off financially.  I like them, though, and thought they did well to have the presence of mind to write down all of their destinations on that helicopter tour and then beat that Sand Detour.

Let's see how race-smart they prove to be.

• Love 1

I certainly didn't peg them as the Boston team from first, then again they did expose a harsh reality check about Boston - I really want to root for them since I am also a Bostonian, but I just can't see them get past about the midway point due to that poor first leg, but hopefully for them, it's just a blip.

I certainly didn't peg them as the Boston team from first, then again they did expose a harsh reality check about Boston - I really want to root for them since I am also a Bostonian, but I just can't see them get past about the midway point due to that poor first leg, but hopefully for them, it's just a blip.

The first leg's performance isn't always a sign of future success or failure.  Some teams have run fairly to extremely poor first legs, but ultimately risen up as one of their season's strongest teams and ended up winning the whole thing.  Such examples include TAR4's Reichen & Chip (who finished ninth out of twelve teams on leg one), TAR5's Chip & Kim (who finished eighth out of eleven teams on leg one), TAR7's Uchenna & Joyce (who also finshed eighth out of eleven teams on leg one), TAR8's Linz Family (who finished ninth out of ten teams on leg one), TAR16's Dan & Jordan (who finished eighth out of eleven teams on leg one), TAR21's Josh & Brent (who finished seventh out of eleven teams on leg one), and TAR23's Jason & Amy (who finished eighth out of eleven teams on leg one).  All finished low on the first leg, but learned from their early mistakes and ended up winning.

Ernest & Jin could do the same thing, or they'll struggle.  It's gonna depend on the tasks.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 2

E-Knock's not really from So You Think You Can Dance. His actual reality TV success was as part of Status Quo, the runner-up crew from the first season of America's Best Dance Crew. They were very good. There was some kind of post-show fight over the crew name, though. IIRC, Jamal accused E-Knock of stealing the crew's name for him and his brother. I don't recall E-Knock's side of the story.

Ernest's first audition during S3 of SYTYCD (the first video is his solo and the second video is him swing dancing with another guy from his crew):

Ernest with Status Quo on America's Best Dance Crew - he is featured in the pre-performance interviews every week, initially because he is the leader and then because he was injured (there are several videos so I'm putting them under the spoiler cut just so the page doesn't take forever to load for people who don't want to watch):

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I'm still a bit confused as to what happened to drop them so far down.  They finished the Detour relatively quickly, and Jin did the Roadblock in no time at all.  I'm guessing it was the cab issue that nearly put them out of the race.

Nonetheless, they're in ninth place and need to get it together.

I like them more and more - they're energetic and yet focused, having a great time. I don't even mind the sob story too much because they're not using it as an excuse for any mistakes or problems, and it's probably encouraged heavily by the producers anyway.

• Love 5

I hope this is one of those teams that gets better and better as they get the hang of the Race nuances. They're physically fit (OBVIOUSLY), supportive of each other, and likeable (and HOT), so I'd like to see them stick around. Also, more tasks that require them to wear only tiny swim trunks would be appreciated. [/shallow]

• Love 1

When Phil says "I'm very sorry..." it tends to show how much he really likes a team, plus he told them it was an honor to have them on the Race.

I really liked these two, and that liking increased through the three legs. They did every task with as much skill and focus as they could, even when they thought they were out of it, they supported each other completely and lovingly, they had a great time, were courteous to everyone they encountered...  :: sigh :: They just couldn't catch up.

I especially loved it when Phil brought out the locals for a traditional dance, and Ernest and Jin were so happy and grateful, and entered into it, even though they were already Philiminated, with their usual warmth and enthusiasm.

• Love 4

One of the nicest, most pleasant Philiminations ever.  It was sweet to see how much Phil obviously liked this team and I am going to miss these guys as it seems rare these days to have a team that is competent, likeable, and appreciative of the experience.

• Love 1

I am so bummed! I'm a SYTYCD fan, and was so excited to see E-Knock on TAR. They seemed a little like babes in the woods, though. I was hoping this would be a NEL, but no luck.

Their momma raised 'em good. What an enjoyable team. I hope they'll be on a second chance season, if there is another.