Type keyword(s) to search

Lorelai Forces Luke To Stage A Fashion Show At His Lunch Counter In Front Of All His Customers, Who Lose Their Appetites Over Lorelai Adjusting Luke

• Start Topic

I'm nearing the end of a full series re-watch. I can tell you that Lorelai and Rory definitely DO NOT benefit from binge-watching. At this point I want to tape their mouths shut, tie them to the Stars Hollow town square gazebo, and run off with Luke (who remains my curmudgeon soul-mate). On my way out of town I'd raid Lorelai's wardrobe - she did have some strong coat-fu.

• Love 3

When ABCFamily started the series from S01:E01, I jumped on board as a total newbie because everyone said Lauren Graham's Parenthood character was self-centered and insufferable, but they cherished her anyway because, Lorelei Gilmore.

What the hell, they seem exactly the same to me. 

Now up to Season Five and I watch every day, hoping someone will say, "Shut it, your royal rudeness, that really hurt my feelings."

BUT. . .when ABCFamily inexplicably omitted GG from their programming guide, I immediately ordered the whole boxed set from Amazon.  (And I've never bought a DVD in my entire life.) 

I want to know what happens to everyone!

• Love 1

I worked an evening shift job for several years and the whole time I worked there I would get up at 11:00 every day and watch Gilmore Girls on ABC Family while I had my breakfast and an unhealthly vast amount of coffee. I cycled through the entire series several times and even though I never had any illusions about the appropriateness of the Girls' behavior (though really, it's partly the town's fault for encouraging them; how did Taylor never throw them out of one of those town meetings?), those are some of my fondest TV watching memories. When Netflix began streaming the series I watched the whole thing all over again.

• Love 1

When I was younger I wasn't allowed to watch Gilmore Girls, so when they added it to Netflix I immediately jumped on board because I wanted to see what I had missed out on. And seriously, it's not much. I love the characters and the town and the show is pretty funny, but God do I want to smack the Gilmore Girls sometimes. Lorelai is an overgrown child. Rory is a spoiled brat as a result. And both of them are presumptuous, entitled, rude and entirely too friendly with everyone (though that was more Lorelai than Rory). I also can't stand that the entire town treats them like the town darlings for absolutely no reason.

Pamie's recaps on TWoP were freaking hilarious, and I forget who recapped after her, but she were also very funny, which is why I stuck by this show well after I got fed up with the girls. It is just a travesty that those recaps are lost. I don't think I could rewatch the series without them.

• Love 1

I agree, Jay! S1 is kind of clunky, overly cutesy and 'precious', and Lorelai is incredibly immature and vain (yes, even by her standards!), but Luke is by far at his sharpest, most nuanced and appealing in that first season and not the dull, depressing, alarmingly angry neanderthal he often seems to be later on. 

And, yes, there's a thin line between genuinely clever, quirky, zany wit and annoying, self-impressed obnoxiousness...and even as a huge GG fan, I can agree that this show often crosses it :)  

I do think Lorelai's character is toned down a bit in S2, which definitely increased my liking for her and the overall show. 

Edited by amensisterfriend

The recaps are still there, it's the forums that went away (sniff)

I was SO excited about this, but I can only read the first page (of ~14 pages) per episode.  Thereafter, I got multiple blank pages, "Check Your Connection" pages and finally the whole window imploded and shut itself down.

Poor TWoP.  Tears must have rusted the machinery.

If you manually enter the page numbers in the link, you can access the rest of the recaps. A bit tedious, but it works!

Edited to add that it used to work but sadly doesn't anymore.

Edited by AlliMo