Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E22: Episode 22

• Start Topic

But he's so icky creepy! Why does she think he's a nice guy? I mean, yes, he needs some cleaning up, but his personality will still be there once you get rid of all that hair...

I doubt he's let her see that side of him. We have in the DR and he's dropped some clues for other HG's, but he's been pretty careful around Liz.

The best part of this episode was Liz saying she was falling for Austin (Wha?? why didn't the feed watchers tell me this?) and then Julia saying "go away Austin"  LOL.

Even better was Julia's DR where she said, "Ewwwh, GET OFF OF HER AUSTIN!" 

Something I don't get about the Veto comp is whether the HGs are told which covers are wrong. We see them X'd out, but is there some kind of signal that tells the HGs which covers are wrong? The editing suggests they zoom right in on the covers that are wrong.

I'm guessing the HGs did not see which cover was wrong like we did but it was edited so we only had to see them work on correcting the wrong ones rather than watch them spend 15-20 minutes trying to figure out exactly which ones were wrong. 

Most of those comics were inspired.  A couple of them not so nice, Austin (I kinda felt sorry even if it was deserved; don't go on a 24 hour live feed and not shower everyday) and Liz (has she said anything to cause her to be labeled a gold digger?).  Production clearly doesn't like those two.  Meg's "hero" was awful.  If that's the route they were going to go, her hero name should have been "Granny Smith" with the tagline "Youze want some POW! with that Pie!"   Clay's was the worst.  Mr. Perfection?  I don't think so.  How is the hell was his name not "Mumble Master".  Or as Clay would say, "Bauble Balancer"   Grodner must have intervened on that one.  Aside from Audrey's I think I like James' best.  "If you see him, it's already too late!"   They'll probably get in trouble over Vanessa.  All the others were just in the style of hero names, but Vanessa's is a real Batman villain.  DC is probably queuing up lawyers as we speak.  

• Love 1

The comics were great but the comp should have been altered greatly.  I can't believe it was the same exact setup from last year's including the freakin' t-shirts!  Is BB that low on ideas and resources this year?  

I agree.  AND it looked like they were trying to figure out WHAT was wrong with the pictures.  If there are only two options, and one is wrong  - put the other one up!

I was annoyed, because It looked like something was left out. 

I agree.  Someone playing even stood there with both pictures, trying to figure out the differences, then finally spotted it and said it aloud and went directly to the button and hit it and got it right.  So it was like they not only had to get the pics right, they had to know why the wrong one was wrong, and say so aloud.

It was dumb because everyone (except Vanessa) in this case KNEW that Shelli was in on the plan and by defying that plan, she unnecessarily created a risk she otherwise wouldn't have had.  Now she's stuck on the block next to Vanessa and the others are mad at her.  Ergo, the risk that they'll change their mind and boot her instead.  After all, it wasn't that long ago that they thought that Shelli was the bigger risk than Vanessa anyway.  As long as one of them goes, their power block is broken, and now Shelli has stupidly drawn ire to herself instead of Vanessa.

And you can see how this unfolded next episode.  

Not that Shelli explicitly went because she defied the wishes of the house, but if she HAD followed the wishes of the House, it's very possible that she might have stayed. There were obviously other reasons the house flipped her (mainly that people actually switched over to the POV that Becky was playing towards her own interests too much), but it definitely factored in there that Shelli definitely demonstrated that she couldn't take a subordinate position and just do what she was told to do.

It could also be argued that Vanessa alienated even her own allies so much that if the others ARE fully aware of the remaining links with Austin, the Twins and arguably to a lesser degree Steve and John, that they knew that none of these people trust Vanessa all that much either. So KEEPING her is less of a risk (because no matter who stayed, James, Jackie and Meg are going to be targeted first by the other alliance--but Vanessa is such a wildcard, who KNOWS what the hell she winds up doing in the end).

Edited by Kromm

They'll probably get in trouble over Vanessa.  All the others were just in the style of hero names, but Vanessa's is a real Batman villain.  DC is probably queuing up lawyers as we speak.

Since DC got the name from Alice in Wonderland, I don't think so. IMHO the cover would fit within the fair-use rules anyway.