Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E14: Ready or Not

Winston’s musical is set to be performed at Degrassi, but he finds himself reluctant to bring Lola on as the leading lady given their recent history. Zig uses the musical as a distraction from his guilty conscience, and Clare and Eli find it difficult to be just friends.

Reminder: 14B is airing Monday-Friday at 9pm Eastern, July 20-31.

When I saw the title Ready or Not, I just couldn't help but think of the theme song for that old teen series Ready or Not (what would your mother say?).

I don't have cable anymore, so unfortunately I have to rely on...means to get episodes now. Can't say I feel that bad for TeenNick deciding to pass on Degrassi, though I guess they're happy being a home for off-network Nick live-action repeats.

* Mrs. Pill. Meaningful name, I guess. Now I KNOW I'm getting old because her "draconian" rules didn't seem all too bad and warranted after Degrassi Nudes. I think I'll like her, she's strict but also she seems to know when to let the kids be kids.

*Yeah, time for the seniors to go now. What's going on with the underclassmen is far more interesting, and the group of seniors hit their maximum storyline potential. I mean, we got Degrassi Nudes and gang violence with the Grade 10s. With the seniors? Another triangle with Drew and Becky involved and EClare and the EClare baby. Everyone else is just kinda hanging out chilling. Imogen and Alli were heavy storyline-hitters early on but they're just basically support now.

*Speaking of EClare, it's funny. This ship is 5 years old and the fandom STILL either loves or hates them. I like them and I wouldn't mind if they're endgame but I have a feeling they won't be but it will end nicely. I think Jonnor has a better chance.

*Man, Sara Waisglass is going to have to do some heavy carrying in her love triangle storyline. Amanda and Andre aren't really good actors (though Andre Kim has gotten better, mainly due to necessity). Pump some iron, Sara.

*Yay, Ricardo can finally act now. Zig's situation is so messy. Grace's appearances (which I loved) hammered the point home that Zig can't just Rise Above and will probably tied into gang banging for awhile. While all of this is hokey, it's miles ahead of when they tried to do gang storylines back in season 6 with the Lakehurst rivalry and especially with season 11 and Drianca's ordeal.

So overall, good episodes. And luckily I don't have to wait until next week for the next one.

(edited)

I don't like Tiny getting stabbed but I like that they seem to want to give him more to do. Also, who'd want that idiot Damon in a gang? What is with these fictional Canadian gangs? Are there no other available recruits?

Yay, Ricardo can finally act now.

I don't know if he's "good" yet but he's definitely better and he has his moments. As convoluted as EClare can be, Munro is still one of the show's acting MVP's.

Rewind. How does Maya's suggestion of Zig getting involved in the musical have anything to do with resolving the problem he was talking about?

Love Imogen but she needs to be more than everyone's sounding board. I like Grace less but she's similarly useless. 

Zig going after Miles because he couldn't go after Damon was a nice moment.

EClare was very cute in the birthing class. They write them some nice quips and the actors do have chemistry.

Did they really have so few people audition that Lola was the best choice? Is Zoe too busy with the blowback from the oomphchat fiasco to do the musical? 

Why can't you do something, Grace? Why does it have to be Zig? Are you allergic to actually having some agency?

Oh, God. Ricardo's singing. So how much time are we going to spend on this musical?

LOL. The EClare scene at her house was so cheesy.

Edited by aradia22

Did they really have so few people audition that Lola was the best choice? Is Zoe too busy with the blowback from the oomphchat fiasco to do the musical? 

Speaking of, where was Tristan?  This is right up his alley?  Or is this play only for freshmen?

• Love 1