Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: I Thought It Was A Choice

• Start Topic

“Mom tries to help me, but she hasn’t been a teenager in, like, a million years.”  Ha!  Didn’t most of us feel that way at Jazz’s age?  It was sweet seeing how much Jazz relies on the input and support of her big sister and thus how it had affected her to have Ari away at school.  She has a wonderfully supportive family, but it’s easy to understand why there’s a special connection with her older sister.

Ari’s dorm does look like a jail, so Jeanette’s line cracked me up.  The campus was so empty, I wonder when they filmed those scenes.  Maybe winter break?  Rather ridiculous to have the parents do the campus tour as if they didn’t know where anything is – they’d presumably done the tour with Ari, then moved her in, then visited … minor, yes, but this is just one of the things that bug me about reality TV.

Since this family has thus far been preternaturally perfect, it was nice to see the gift of a car turn into a sibling squabble.  And for Jazz, the one who can’t drive anyway, to be the one to say “Who cares which car is whose; there’s an extra car.”

• Love 1

I don't know why this episode says they're "helping Ari move out of her dorm". Looks more like they're taking a tour of campus instead of moving shit out. (Which is really unfair to the RAs and other "dorm permanent residents" because dorms have pretty strict move-out times.) Especially considering how messy and unpacked Ari's room was.

I don't know why this episode says they're "helping Ari move out of her dorm". Looks more like they're taking a tour of campus instead of moving shit out. (Which is really unfair to the RAs and other "dorm permanent residents" because dorms have pretty strict move-out times.) Especially considering how messy and unpacked Ari's room was.

Because, although this is a reality show, it's not really reality. Everything is staged for the purposes of the storyline.

• Love 1