Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Ultimatum

Jeremiah visits his kids in Ohio, and Katie Ann makes a big change in her life. Meanwhile, the church pressures Mary to shut down the B&B; Chapel seeks Mary's advice on her relationship with Andrew; and Kate unveils her fashion line in New York City.

I had to laugh at Mary. Sitting in a bar drinking and talking like she's a good Amish women.  When will she realize she HAS left the church.

Mary:  "The Amish don't work at bars.  I'll have a slippery nipple"

From the preview it looks like there's some vandalism at the B&B - I swear if Mary uses the words "Amish Mafia" I will fall off the couch laughing or throw the remote at the TV (or both)

• Love 5
(edited)

Colour me shocked that we had another Chapel pondering her marriage and life and moving TH while driving in her vehicle.

If those really were Jeremiah's kids , the scene with the little one crying broke my heart and hardened my opinion that children do not belong on reality t.v. I felt like a voyeur into her anguish. That's a shitty feeling.

My idea for this season's cliffhanger?

Mary showing up at Chesters with her new perm or whatever the hell they are doing to her hair next episode, looking him square in the eyes (bahaha!), and telling him she is running off to NY to be a full sized model and taking Jeremiah with her to keep her in slippery nipples.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 2

HAH, I knew they were going to give Mary a makeover!  That woman is definitely not Amish anymore.  I don't think she nor Chester is and neither of them probably cares about shunning at this point either, they're just playing that for the show.  Katie-Ann moving to Iowa just like that?  Hokay.  No mention of what this job is about?  Strange.

I agree about feeling like a voyeur with Jeremiah's children and the little one breaking my heart.  Damn this freaking show.

MarysWetBar (gee I wonder what show that came from LOL) - I thought this was the final season so I'm not expecting any cliff hangers.  Although Mary running off to NY to work with Kate in her new designer business would be a hoot!

• Love 2

I agree that children should not be on reality tv. I feel in the coming years, as children who were born into reality tv shows (ie the youngest Duggars, the Gosselin sextuplets, the babies from Teen Mom that are kindergarten age now) grow up, and they start writing their tell all books, we might see more of the adverse effects of being a reality tv kid. It has to be different than being a child star, where you go to the cameras and crew in a studio or on location. Having them in your home is so much more invasive. I hate that I'm such a hypocrite, since I still watch a lot of reality shows centered around (or at least featuring) families with young kids. At this point I'm just waiting for the ones I'm already addicted to, to be cancelled and trying not to pick up new ones.

Anyway, something just smelled a little fishy to me about this plot. Jeremiah barely ever talks about his kids. He needs to support them, so he gets a job at a bar. What has he been doing for the last two years? Has he seen or supported them at all? Anyway, super Abe swoops in and saves the day after having a bitch fit. They go to Ohio, and Uncle Abe and the TLC cameras just tag along, despite him barely ever getting to see them. I feel like a dad who barely saw his kids would want to savor the experience, and not sell it to TLC, especially after flipping several shits whenever anyone brought up his kids. The kids' emotions seemed extremely real and raw. That little girl seemed broken hearted, like she didn't know when she would see her dad again.

• Love 2

I agree that children should not be on reality tv. I feel in the coming years, as children who were born into reality tv shows (ie the youngest Duggars, the Gosselin sextuplets, the babies from Teen Mom that are kindergarten age now) grow up, and they start writing their tell all books, we might see more of the adverse effects of being a reality tv kid. It has to be different than being a child star, where you go to the cameras and crew in a studio or on location. Having them in your home is so much more invasive. I hate that I'm such a hypocrite, since I still watch a lot of reality shows centered around (or at least featuring) families with young kids. At this point I'm just waiting for the ones I'm already addicted to, to be cancelled and trying not to pick up new ones.

Anyway, something just smelled a little fishy to me about this plot. Jeremiah barely ever talks about his kids. He needs to support them, so he gets a job at a bar. What has he been doing for the last two years? Has he seen or supported them at all? Anyway, super Abe swoops in and saves the day after having a bitch fit. They go to Ohio, and Uncle Abe and the TLC cameras just tag along, despite him barely ever getting to see them. I feel like a dad who barely saw his kids would want to savor the experience, and not sell it to TLC, especially after flipping several shits whenever anyone brought up his kids. The kids' emotions seemed extremely real and raw. That little girl seemed broken hearted, like she didn't know when she would see her dad again.

I suspect TLC gave the estranged mother a fair chunk of change for the kids to appear, otherwise it would not have happened.

Kate's "fashions" are terrible. I think I saw tags in half of them. The models wore their hair like myself and all my Jewtalian sorority sisters in the clubs circa 2004.

Chapel... Smh. Last week she had the foot in the grave & now she's moving away & moving on with her life? Bye, Felicia!

• Love 4

I suspect TLC gave the estranged mother a fair chunk of change for the kids to appear, otherwise it would not have happened.

Kate's "fashions" are terrible. I think I saw tags in half of them. The models wore their hair like myself and all my Jewtalian sorority sisters in the clubs circa 2004.

Chapel... Smh. Last week she had the foot in the grave & now she's moving away & moving on with her life? Bye, Felicia!

I'm so going to hell for this but all through last night's episode i was calling Chapel "Unser" under my breath. Not wishing harm of course. .but..just..yeah.

I'm guessing Andrew compared his parole (or whatever) by smoking weed with Chapel, which is why Mary is/was pissed that Chapel wasn't visiting him in prison. Chapel seems like she only married Andrew so she'd have someone by her side if she died, which is kinda shitty.

• Love 1