Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: Deathstroke

radishcake
  • Start Topic

"But Oliver is really an idiot about not telling people the truth.  Or does he really believe that he chose Sara, as part of his PTSD?"

I still maintain that Oliver feels he did choose and that's part of his PTSD.

• Love 1

This is such a good episode right up until Laurel stands there chit chatting at her door with Thea's kidnapper and then does laser cat crazy eyes.  Well, also the part where by being elected CEO, Oliver loses all his shares in his company.  That part is pretty bad too, though it was entertaining to trace back the current season's lack of understanding that CEO does not automatically mean the same thing as owner back to this episode.  At least they are consistent. 

I'd forgotten what a great OTA scene we had in this episode.  At the end when Oliver is weary and broken and doesn't know how to go on, he comes back to the foundry and finds Diggle and Felicity waiting for him.  He's lost faith in all his decisions, certain all he's done was made mistakes and they can't win and Felicity says that's not true and Oliver asks how she knows that and Diggle tells him because he's not alone.  And right before our eyes, Oliver finds a way to keep fighting. 

Roy's gone and Sara isn't there, but the only two that really matter are right there, ready to do what ever comes next.  Where else would they be?

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
Roy's gone and Sara isn't there, but the only two that really matter are right there, ready to do what ever comes next.  Where else would they be?

Did one of them actually vocalize this? I remember someone did, but I may be confusing it with Felicity saying that in 3x16.

One thing I remember liking was how Oliver just went after Isabel after she revealed her role in everything. I felt it showed actual respect for her that he didn't back down because she was a woman.

• Love 1

Oliver: "What are you two doing here?"
Felicity: "We thought this is where you would go. You're predictable. That, and you've been sleeping on the cot at night."
Oliver (repeats in exhausted tone): "What are you doing here?"
Diggle: "Where else would we be?"
Oliver: "Roy was right. At every turn, I had made the wrong decision. With him, with the company, and with Thea. I was so focused on what Slade might do to me that it never even occurred to me what I could do to myself. I am my own worst enemy."
Diggle: "That's Slade talking, Oliver. Don't let him in your head."
Oliver: "I can't keep him out of my head, Diggle! I can't - can't stop him from doing anything."
Felicity: "Yes, you can."
Oliver: "What makes you so sure?"
Diggle: "Because you're not alone, man. Now what, boss?"
Oliver: "Now we fight back."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

218 (Deathstroke) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years on a hellish island, I have come home with only one goal-- to save my city. But to do so, I can't be the killer I once was. To honor my friend's memory, I must be someone else. I must be something else."

218 (Deathstroke) – Felicity’s references Barry without mentioning his name:
Roy: "Sorry, I'm just having a hard time keeping my head in the game today.”
Oliver: "Thea?” 
Roy: "I just can't stop thinking, what's the worst that can happen if I just told her the truth?”
Felicity: "Well, I told a guy the truth and he got struck by lightning. To be fair, probably won't happen again. Statistically.”

218 (Deathstroke) – Felicity’s reminds Oliver about his CEO responsibilities to Queen Consolidated:
Oliver: “What are those?”
Felicity: “About a month's worth of phone messages from Queen Consolidated.” 
Oliver: “Toss them.” 
Felicity: “That's what I did with last month's phone messages.” 
Oliver: “With Slade out there, I don't have time for the company.” 
Felicity: “Well, you have to make time, Oliver. At least three hours. The annual board meeting. There's absolutely zero way that the CEO can avoid being there. And I know it's been a while, so in case you've forgotten, that's you. Do you remember where you put your business suit? Or do you keep it in a cool glass case, too?”

218 (Deathstroke) – Oliver is late to a QC board meeting, which is interrupted by Moira:
Oliver: "I know that I haven't been here in a while, but you don't look like the entire Board of Directors."
Isabel: "The meeting doesn't start for another half hour."
Oliver: "Really?" 
Isabel: "I routinely bump all appointments 30 minutes in anticipation of you being late."
Oliver: "It's good policy." 
Isabel: "Thank you for coming out of hibernation for this. Whether you recognize it or not, it's your name on the building, and no matter how many meetings you miss, you're still the public face of this company." 
Oliver: "Isabel, I realize I have been distracted. Thank you for picking up the slack."
Isabel: "Ours is an unconventional partnership, but it's a partnership. And it's working." 
Oliver: "Indeed it is."
Felicity (entering): "Oliver. Your mother's here." 
(Oliver sighs.)
Isabel: "Family squabble?"

218 (Deathstroke) – Felicity uses her computer hacking skills to find a lead on where Slade Wilson might be located:
Felicity: "Mr. Queen? I need to talk to you. It's about Mr. Wilson. Since the last place Thea was seen was Verdant, I used credit card receipts, compiled a list of customers last night, pinged all their cell phones and hacked into their photos. The NSA is right; it's a lot easier when you don't need a warrant. I eyeballed every photo."
Diggle: "There must have been thousands."
Felicity: "It's Thea. I found this. Partial plate three blocks from the club. Car's registered to a Slade Wilson, and it has GPS." 
Oliver: "Where is it right now?"
Felicity: "Parked outside a defunct bar on Roosevelt."
Diggle: "Okay, this doesn't seem easy to you? Slade using a car registered in his name? The whole thing smells rotten."
Oliver: "Either Thea's there or he is. Either way, we have to go."
Sara: "Yeah, I figured you'd say that, which is why I worked up these. Tibetan pit viper venom. The League of Assassins' poison of choice. And the most powerful sedative that I've ever worked with."
Oliver: "That'll give us an advantage. (To Roy) But you are going to give us another."
Roy: "Are you sure you want me to go?" 
Oliver: "Are you angry? Use that rage." 
Roy: "Well, you're just always telling me to hold back."
Oliver: "Not tonight."

218 (Deathstroke) – Team Arrow tails Slade after he’s released from police custody:
Diggle (over comms): "This is Dig, I've got the follow."
Felicity (over comms): "Tracker on his car is active. Roy, he's coming up on your position."
Roy (over comms): "Got him. He's turning up Warner."
Felicity (over comms): "I see him. Heading north."
Diggle (over comms): "Damn it, I lost him!"
Felicity (over comms): "It's all right. I still have eyes on him. Sara, cut right onto Downey."
Sara (over comms): "Got 'im. Negative. Negative, it's not him!" 
Felicity (over comms): "What?! Oh, my God. He's cloned the tracker's signal. Roy, you've got to move! Roy, you got to pick him up on Fuller. Roy, do you still have eyes on him? Roy? Roy!"

218 (Deathstroke) – Roy blames Oliver for Slade kidnapping Thea:
Felicity: "So... what now?"
Diggle: "Wait for Oliver. Figure out what our next move will be."
Roy: "Wait for him to tell us, you mean. We can't do anything without King Queen's permission." 
Diggle: "You're out of line, Roy."
Sara: "All right, let's all just calm down here. Slade outplayed us. It happens." 
Roy: "No, it only happened because the police let Slade go -  after we turned him in, because Oliver told us to."
Diggle: "What were we supposed to do?"
Roy: "You're Special Forces. She's an international assassin. You would think between the three of us, we could have gotten answers out of Slade ourselves instead of turning him into the police. Here's what's really sick - is we didn't even question him because he said it was the right thing to do. Just like he said that I needed to break up with Thea. One week after telling me that it wasn't safe for me to leave her alone." 
Felicity: "Wait! You think it's Oliver's fault that Slade took Thea?"
Roy: "I think it was his fault that I wasn't there to stop Slade."
Sara: "And I think you're just blaming Oliver because you lost Slade."
Roy: "Well, of course you'd take his side - you're screwing him." 
Sara: "Can you guys give us a minute, please?"

218 (Deathstroke) – Diggle, Felicity and Sara attempt to calm Roy down:
Sara: "Hey, where are you going?"
Roy: "Well, sitting around here isn't helping Thea, now is it?"
Diggle: "Neither is you running off half-cocked, Roy."
Roy: "I know that you think that this is the Mirakuru, but it's not. I'm right, and you know that I am. So you better get the hell out of my way."
Felicity: "Roy, just calm down. It's what Thea would want us to do."
Diggle: "She's right, Roy. Come on, let's throttle back. (Roy attacks him) Aah!" 
Sara: "Next one goes into your chest. Let him go." 
Roy: "You would honestly kill me because I dare to criticize the almighty Oliver Queen?"
Sara: "No, I'd kill you because you're hurting my friend. Let him go.". 
Oliver (entering): "Let him go! What the hell's going on down here?"
Roy: "I'm done. That's what's going on. Thea, she's out there, hurt or worse, because of one person. And that is not Slade Wilson."
Oliver: "Roy -"
Roy: "I believed in you. There's nothing left for me here." (Leaves)
Felicity (looking at computer): "Oh, my God. Oliver -"
Diggle: "Now what?"

218 (Deathstroke) – Felicity cuts through the team debate and tells Oliver to just go and stop Slade:
Diggle: “At least let us surround the perimeter.”
Oliver: “No, Isabel was very clear. I come alone or Thea dies.”
Sara: “Ollie, this is another one of Slade's games, and unless –“
Oliver: “No! What I can't do, Sara, is nothing! What would you do if it were Laurel, or your father, or your mother? I will not get dragged into the same debate over and over again!”
Felicity: “Go. Go get Thea. Stop Slade. Do whatever it takes. End. This. Once and for all.”
Oliver (over comms): “Go.”
Felicity (over comms): “Oliver, you okay?”
Oliver (over comms): “Yeah, I’m fine, but Thea’s not here.”
Felicity (over comms): “You did it.”
Oliver (over comms): “Did what?”
Felicity (over comms): “Thea’s fine, she’s fine. She walked into the precinct five minutes ago. Safe and sound. Oliver, did you hear me?”

218 (Deathstroke) – OTA scene with Diggle and Felicity giving Oliver some much-needed support:
Oliver: "What are you two doing here?"
Felicity: "We thought this is where you would go. You're predictable. That, and you've been sleeping on the cot at night."
Oliver (repeats in exhausted tone): "What are you doing here?" 
Diggle: "Where else would we be?"
Oliver: "Roy was right. At every turn, I had made the wrong decision. With him, with the company, and with Thea. I was so focused on what Slade might do to me that it never even occurred to me what I could do to myself. I am my own worst enemy." 
Diggle: "That's Slade talking, Oliver. Don't let him in your head." 
Oliver: "I can't keep him out of my head, Diggle! I can't - can't stop him from doing anything."
Felicity: "Yes, you can."
Oliver: "What makes you so sure?" 
Diggle: "Because you're not alone, man. Now what, boss?"
Oliver: "Now we fight back."

218 (Deathstroke) – Slade Wilson tells Laurel that Oliver is the Arrow:
Female News Announcer (on TV): “Police have issued a warrant for Slade Wilson after Thea Queen named him as the mastermind of her kidnapping yesterday. This in the wake of Wilson's arrest and subsequent release by the SCPD hours before Ms. Queen was released. In a statement to the press, SCPD Lieutenant Franklin Pike reiterated his support for his department despite what appears to be a serious blunder. He went on to say, the SCPD is committed to making sure any arrest they make is a legal one, but without sufficient –“
(Laurel answers a knock and opens her apartment door. It’s Slade Wilson. She tries to shut the door, but he forces his way in.)
Slade: “Don't worry. I am not here to harm you.”
Laurel: “Go to hell!”
Slade: “All in good time, I'm sure. But before then, I have come to Starling City to see Oliver Queen suffer.”
Laurel: “Oliver - what? Why?”
Slade: “Because he's not the man you think he is.”
Laurel: “And how would you know that?”
Slade: “Because I know Oliver Queen is… the Arrow.” (Turns and leaves)
(Laurel stands there in shock, with her eyes darting back and forth.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1