Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: A Secret

Kate lands a fashion show and schedules a photo shoot with Mary's help at the bed-and-breakfast; Katie Ann settles into a new life with Abe and Rebecca; Jeremiah's secret is discovered.

The most interesting thing about this show is the snow. First it's 3 feet high, then it's melting, then it's grass, then it's 2 feet high, then it's grass, then it's 3 feet again, then it's gone again.

• Love 2

The most interesting thing about this show is the snow. First it's 3 feet high, then it's melting, then it's grass, then it's 2 feet high, then it's grass, then it's 3 feet again, then it's gone again.

I'm so over Abe & Rebecca being the controllers of this group. You don't like how the Amish are judgy and bossy, but, you are worse than them.

Amen!

Boy, Abe and Reeebecca really love the camo, don't they? Camo recliners, matching camo jackets. Classy. 

I was falling asleep badly during the show. Did Mary actually divulge who the child was she had out of wedlock that Chester took on as his own? Is it Abe or Andrew? Or some other kid not shown?

She didn't disclose, but, on another forum I follow it's widely believed (and I concur) that its Andrew.

I seem to recall in an episode last season Mary mentioning something about all four of her kids, so was not shocked to hear that she had one out of wedlock. I am guessing that the fourth child, if there is one, wants even less to do with this show than Chester does.

Mary had the child around age 19, and I believe she is 56. So, we are looking for a child around 37 years of age. Is Andrew that old?

The eldest son is 38 years old and his name is Matthew.  Interestingly both he and his mother have addresses very nearby each other in Kentucky listed.  Mary seems to own a rather large 4 bedroom house in KY that was built in 2009 with a male Schmucker (not Chester).  It seems like a lot of Schmuckers live very close by.  There's a big Amish community in that town.  Interestingly, no evidence of Chester living there but he has an address listed in another Kentucky town about an hour away.

For some reason I feel like there were 6 kids.

This article is about a son named Melvin whose wife had a baby. (Spoiler alert: the baby's name is John Wayne Schmucker)

http://starcasm.net/archives/297890

This second article is about a daughter named Ella that was in the hospital.

http://starcasm.net/archives/291935

It's hard to tell with this family, but I kind of doubt that either of these two are Amish. Melvin, because it appears that they're on social media, and they named their baby after a movie star. Ella could be Amish, I guess. I think Mary referenced having Amish grandchildren. So that brings the total to 5 known kids.

I don't think it's Andrew, just because of the age. And I know half siblings can look a lot alike, but I always thought that he and Abe and Katie Ann all very similar. Also, the way Mary kept referring to "that baby," or "that boy," made me think it was a son that gave half a crap about his privacy, which Andrew doesn't.

Anyway, I like Kate the best out of these people, I think she's smart, grounded and very pretty. I'm happy for her that she's made a success of herself. That being said, I'm so sick of the "Kate brings her big city life to Mary's bed and breakfast" storyline. She's not Amish, and Mary is (kinda). We get it.

So Jeremiah works in a bar, secretly, and Abe goes in to yell at him about how he lied to them? And how he's keeping Mary from getting back into the church? Schmucker, please. Your mother is a star on a reality tv show. If she's being shunned by the Amish church, it's her own damn fault. Or yours, if you want to trace it back to how and why she got on the show in the first place. Also, it pissed me off that he would do that while Jeremiah is working. (Yes, I know it's scripted) They love to talk about how hard working and respectful the Amish are, but coming to pick a fight with your frenemy at his place of employment seems disrespectful to the business owner.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention that Chester and Mary also share an address in PA.  I see no mention of a Melvin Schmucker but then again Katie Ann and Abe are not represented either.  Can't find any of them separately on that website either.

The eldest son is 38 years old and his name is Matthew. Interestingly both he and his mother have addresses very nearby each other in Kentucky listed. Mary seems to own a rather large 4 bedroom house in KY that was built in 2009 with a male Schmucker (not Chester). It seems like a lot of Schmuckers live very close by. There's a big Amish community in that town. Interestingly, no evidence of Chester living there but he has an address listed in another Kentucky town about an hour away.

There are very few Amish surnames. Where I am from, they are all Yoders and Bylers.

There are very few Amish surnames. Where I am from, they are all Yoders and Bylers.

They all live right next door to each other on the same street and are all associated as family on my people search.  This search is that specific.

So Jeremiah works in a bar, secretly, and Abe goes in to yell at him about how he lied to them? And how he's keeping Mary from getting back into the church? Schmucker, please. Your mother is a star on a reality tv show. If she's being shunned by the Amish church, it's her own damn fault. Or yours, if you want to trace it back to how and why she got on the show in the first place. Also, it pissed me off that he would do that while Jeremiah is working. (Yes, I know it's scripted) They love to talk about how hard working and respectful the Amish are, but coming to pick a fight with your frenemy at his place of employment seems disrespectful to the business owner.

Yes, and why is it OK for Abe to hide a car for Katie-Ann so she can lie to their mother and not OK for Jeremiah to hide his secret "English" life from Abe?  He's not even family.

• Love 4