Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Empathy Is A Boner Killer

• Start Topic

Finally catching up and just watched this one.  This seems to be a slightly unpopular opinion but I loved the drama class scene!  The Piper/Alex stuff was kind of lame but the other stuff was comedic gold!

• Healy's "YOU DUMB BITCH!" to Alex
  • Chang: "That's not a phone, it's a puppy."  "That's not a phone it's a d$ck!"  And Lorna's frustration just cracked me up.
  • During Alex and Piper's exercise, Suzanne making the air quotes when Piper said "grocery store"
  • Cindy's "Nah, that's a d$ck" and then everyone cracking up (I was watching at the gym and almost fell of the treadmill at that one!)

This is such a great ensemble cast.  I wish they would do more scenes with so many of them together.  It's so much more interesting than some of the side plots.

I can't wait to keep watching!

• Love 2

I may be alone in this, but I thought Nicky was such a bitch this episode especially in her flashbacks when she got her 2 friends in prison because she decided to steal the cop car, and later she was so rude to her mom at the lawyer's office. I know she is a fan favorite but I think she deserved everything she had coming to her. I like Natasha Lyonne the actress though, so I hope the character comes back at some point later in the season.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I may be alone in this, but I thought Nicky was such a bitch this episode especially in her flashbacks when she got her 2 friends in prison because she decided to steal the cop car, and later she was so rude to her mom at the lawyer's office. I know she is a fan favorite but I think she deserved everything she had coming to her. I like Natasha Lyonne the actress though, so I hope the character comes back at some point later in the season.

Of course she deserved everything she got. Nicky's story was in essence that she was in fact the cause of the majority of her own problems and not her mother.

One of the biggest complaints of the show is that all (most) of the backstories show that the inmates are victims of the system so I like stories like Morellos and Nicky's. Women who end up in prison because they deserve to be there.