Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: Heather Morris

• Start Topic

Ok, I gotta be honest: IT'S BEEN THREE SEASONS AND I THINK IT'S TIME TO LET GO OF THE CELEBRITY GUEST GIMMICK.

It's probably because Aisha is finally adjusting with the cast's insanity that she can handle Wayne (and Colin) making fun of her (directly), just like Drew in the previous seasons. I thought it was a pretty strong and hilarious gag that doesn't need celebrity (or in this case, Glee fans) approval to lure in audiences. I think that's what makes WL so genuine that sets it apart from other standard TV shows. While certain people can show chemistry through the dialogues they have to convey to each other, WL is completely improvised, out-of-nowhere, and even unedited moments shown in its rawest fashion. That near-flub during Scenes from a Hat is one example. The chemistry between the cast members and host is enough for WL to stand on its own that viewers can enjoy.

Bringing Heather Morris into the fray is just like being the 4th seater: you just fill the void to satisfy audiences, whether or not you know about WL or you've watched them on another TV network. I applaud Heather for her efforts, but all I can remember is the "Aisha impression" gag, as well as that one song from Greatest Hits. As a heavy K-Pop listenerThank God Colin had the nerve to expose this genre into the show, then twisted it into a Johnny Cash song (He was also right how many idols just use their first name instead of their whole name). They kinda got the idea of K-Pop, though I expected something more electronic and dance-y, but I'll take what I get. 

Also, men-kissing, ear-nipping, and Wayne's "bump in my surfboard" gag is always welcomed. Seriously, CW. I think WL can hold on its own so lay off a bit on celebrity bookings. 

Also, give Colin a break in Dubbing and give Brad a chance to do the game. He did a good job when he did it in the previous WL seasons.

Intros: Wayne- Shock and Awe, Brad- Shock Jock, Colin- Shock Therapy and Ryan- Shock Horror, OMG

Games: Weird Newscasters, Dubbing, Living Scenery, Scenes From a Hat and Greatest Hits.

I agree with The Luvly Junkie in that last night's show was pretty damn funny and didn't need a guest star. It was unfortunate that Ms. Morris seemed to be stiff, a bit reluctant-seeming. The  Scott Porter repeat showed how different guests can help the show. Not that Ms. Morris wasn't game or was humorless, I think that this type of improv isn't her usual thing.  I felt for her after Aisha listed off that she's a singer/dancer/actress/model and didn't really get a chance to show that off. ( They couldn't have Wayne and Brad Duet with her?)

I also enjoy it when Colin can name the others. This time he was Gord Of theRings, Brad was Chimpy and Ryan was Loopy Garou.

The Wayne-as-Aisha sportscaster segment  was fantastic!  Hopefully, payback will pop up here and there or be saved for a wonderful, amazing callback. When we all least expect it! *G* Also Wayne-as- Aisha's "Aw, hell no!" and walk off after Ryan the Poltergiest "levitated" the chair was funny.

Ms. Morris' reaction to " I was too born!" was great as well. I think her face spoke for all of us.

Living Scenery is in such a rut still. I wish TPTB would mix-up who gets to be "active" in this game and who gets to be props/"reactive".   I love Colin and Ryan, but it's not like Brad is some green n00b or Wayne isn't adept at moving a scene along. 

It's three seasons here, so maybe they could also stop with the kind of pervy laying-down-on-women stuff? It happens to Wayne too, but when you feel that you need to apologize after an otherwise normal improv, maybe you need to stop doing what you are apologizing about.

I loved that TPTB left in Wayne's flub/getting lost; it tied into Weird  Newscasters (even if not intentionally) and was just funny. It wasn't an outstanding outing with the segment, but it was definitely fun. Which is more than many network shows can actually claim.

Man, that was a highly fun Greatest Hits!  I think "I.C.U". is second to "KELP". It helps that Wayne did the little smile-and-bow like Jeff did.  

Power metal: "That's when they plug their guitars in twice!"-- Ryan   Of course, Colin's "I'm adopted" was another cool reply to Ryan's reaction to K-Pop.

Another show that can stand up to rewatches; kudos, Whose Line!!

I thought this was a pretty good ep what with all the craziness. Heather Morris was a disappointment. When I used to watch Glee I remember her being such a great dancer, but she did nothing as a cheerleader. She really wasn't very good in either of her sketches.

• Love 1

Yeah Heather is a great dancer so I thought that was a setup to get her dance. I think I've said this before but Living Scenery is the WORST game they play.

I wish we could see more of the 4th chairs because we see Wayne, Colin and Ryan every week. I love Brad and Jeff Davis so much and they don't get enough to do! Wayne is just the master of improv singing. Is there no style/genre he can't do?!

• Love 1