Type keyword(s) to search

College Baseball

• Start Topic

I rag on ESPN all the time because for the most part I think they suck but I must admit they're doing a great job covering the CWS Regionals, treating it like the major event it should be.  Okay, it's on one of their 'off' channels but still, I'm impressed.

Bringing this thread back from its annual slumber.  I haven't been paying as close attention to the CWS as I usually do but I love the fact that unheralded UCSB bounced Miami from the tournament on what is the Gaucho's first ever appearance in Omaha. 

• Love 1

Resurrecting this thread yet again from its annual slumber.  I was in the Louisville area for work last week so their regional and then super regional was all the rage and the Cardinals look good.  There doesn't yet seem to be a Cinderella team for me to root for a la Coastal Carolina last year or Stony Brook a few years ago but I'm enjoying the coverage so far.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:23 AM, Phebemarie said:

Beavers looked unstoppable against LSU last night.  

On 6/20/2017 at 11:39 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

Yes they did.  I have nothing against Oregon State but for some reason I find it hard to get behind them.

I grew up in Oregon, so I find my self rooting for them.   Oregon State/LSU rematch on Thursday afternoon. I'll be at work, so I'll have to stream it through my phone. And hope I don't get caught. 

These baseball games are so enjoyable. I actually enjoy the tournament games more than MLB right now. I know the players are in college, but they still seem like kids to me--most of the players are freshman or sophomores, so they're like 18, 19, 20 years old. Still kids. 

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, kariyaki said:

CWRU game had a deer delay.

Cleveland has a huge string of metropolitan parks surrounding the city, it's even called The Emerald Necklace.  Alas, the deer population lacks natural predators (other than the auto) and the city has encroached on their habitat to the point where seeing deer, even in the midst of the city is not uncommon as they leave the parks to find food.  I used to work at an inner city hospital and we would get deer coming up onto the campus and hanging out on the grass between the wings of the building all the time.

I love college baseball so much and this time of year is a blast - the road to the College World Series.  

Did anyone see Quinn Matthews of Stanford throw a complete game against University of Texas tonight?  He struck out 16 and threw 156 pitches which is unreal.  After the game when he was interviewed, he was super chill and said (jokingly, kind of) that he’d be good to go for a few outs tomorrow if needed.  

• Useful 1