Type keyword(s) to search

Pitch Perfect 2 (2015)

Lazlo
  • Start Topic

We went to Jurassic World tonight. It was sold out so niece (17) and I decided to see this one. Neither of us saw the original. Both of us thought Hailee Steinfield was adorable. Niece said the end of all the women up there together singing gave her goose bumps. She said it was nice to see a movie about women that age not fighting over a boy or being mean girls.

I thought that Jesse was wasted in this movie he has a lot of charisma . The boy who liked Emily JMHO lacked that and I usually root for those geeky boys :)

You should definitely see the original if you're a Jesse fan- he is adorable and was underused in the second one. I'm cringing to think what the third one will be about- one Belle trying to get a bunch of misfits to win the finals? I wonder how the original cast will be brought into it.

• Love 1

That would be interesting, since the major characters have graduated and they have upped the stakes to World Championships, not just College Championships. So to go back to College Championships would seem like a step back. But we'll see. Kendrick and Wilson will be back, and I assume not just for cameos only. But if most of the team is back (not just the main characters, but the people behind the scenes as well), I'm in.

I was watching MTV & guess what popped up? Flashlight, by Jessie J. They are really trying to make that song happen, but nope, it's no Cups.

I think Jesse J already recorded the song before it went on PP2, but I could be wrong.

Cups was special, because it came out of nowhere, and wasn't played to death in the movie. The growth was organic, so you find it easy to cheer for.

• Love 1

Finally went to see this.  I saw the same flaws mentioned, but they didn't annoy me as much.  I still enjoy that the movie is about a bunch of women who value each other, and love to sing.  My favorite part was  the Laser Ninja League sing-off.  Sure, it's a riff-off redux, but the riff-off was awesome, so it deserves reduxing.

• Love 2

I thought it was better than most sequels, so I was quite happy with it. But yes, the music wasn't as good. Bit too much Rebel IMO, although her Cirque du Soleil scene was the most I've laughed in a movie for years. 

The one thing that annoys me is the backing tracks. It just takes me right out of the story, always.

I picked up the blu-ray this week, so I got to see this again, & unfortunately, it's just as disappointing the second time around. I really find Das Sound Machine to be annoying, & I'm still not loving Emily or her flashlight song. I was also disappointed with the blu-ray itself. When people were speaking I had to keep turning up the sound to hear them, but as soon as a musical number started, it got really loud & I had to turn down the sound. I also watched the deleted/extended scenes expecting to see the two scenes that were in all the commercials for the movie but weren't in the actual movie itself, & they aren't there. It annoys me that they used those scenes to promote the movie, but never used them anywhere but the commercial.

• Love 1

The Green Bay Packers and the tiny pig wearing a top hat were the best part of the movie.

I hated Flashlight and Emily and her "quirkiness". It was crazy how much better the big finale in the first movie was than this one that made them win world champions. I was kind of sad when Key actually liked Flashlight and didn't kick Becca and Emily out with their basicness.

Edited by Janet Snakehole

I have no idea what they plan on for PP 3, they've already done the nationals & the world championship, what's left? The galaxy? My guess is that the Bellas (led by Emily) are in trouble & Beca comes back to coach them, or something like that.

I have no idea what they plan on for PP 3, they've already done the nationals & the world championship, what's left? The galaxy? My guess is that the Bellas (led by Emily) are in trouble & Beca comes back to coach them, or something like that.

They will probably include an Amy and Bumper wedding as well. I hope it has the heart that was missing from the second one. I still watch the first one at least once a month, but not at all interested in purchasing the second one.

They will probably include an Amy and Bumper wedding as well. I hope it has the heart that was missing from the second one. I still watch the first one at least once a month, but not at all interested in purchasing the second one.

I watch the first one a few times a month LOL, I keep it on my DVR & if there's nothing on TV I want to watch, Pitch Perfect it is.