Type keyword(s) to search

Life In Pieces - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 9/29/2015 at 7:22 PM, lottiedottie said:

The more I think about the frozen glove, the more irritated I get. It's not a thing! When you give birth, you are given a squeeze bottle and told to use warm water to clean the area each time you go to the bathroom, because you are bleeding and a mess for a week or two after giving birth. There is NO way any doctor is telling you to insert a frozen finger up in there. You aren't even supposed to use toilet paper, things are so delicate down there!

I've never understood how writers could mess things up like this. All it takes is ten minutes of talking to someone/googling to know what the what is.

Someone who recently delivered (and I realize this post is pretty old but I'm just watching the show now) told me she did this and found it helpful. So, I googled and discovered it's a thing.  Apparently, frozen condoms work, too. It's not something I was familiar with and it's certainly not the same as toilet tissue but I'm pretty sure many of the things I've done over the years (childbirth and otherwise) weren't written in any textbook.. I'm OK with it on TV, too, because it doesn't need to be a thing for someone to know it helps and recommend it. Just like the doctor told her not to look "down there." That's not standard medical advice but  I've always appreciated medical personnel who shared tips, even if they were not the standard. 

• Love 1