Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Bit By Bit

(edited)

Botnets will kill you and everyone you love -- and then steal your bitcoins.

This show is so bad -- how did it get renewed ?  Bitcoin bounty hunters -- is that a thing ?  Why were bitcoin bounty hunters basically the same as regular bounty hunters -- ex-military killers ?

The episode opens with Krummie running -- that is the most unbelievable part of the episode.  And he ends up at gunpoint with Avery and some kid.

Why was the Cyber team in Detroit in the first place ?  How long was the power out to 25 blocks of the city that the local utilities were: a) notified of the outage, b) unable to fix the problem, c) determined that it was a cyber intrusion, d) called the FBI Cyber division, e) the team was notified, f) Avery, Brody, Mundo and Raven got on a plane from D.C. to Detroit, and g) drove from the airport to the local utilities control facility.  That would have been at least 10-12 hours for that to happen -- so why was it still dark ?

Krummie with his basic FBI training gets the drop on an ex-military killer.  In what universe ?

There are so many things wrong with this episode.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

… they just froze a RAM chip in a powered-off computer to “preserve the info” before it “decays”.  Which … google says that the window of opportunity for that is 4 seconds. A few minutes if you're lucky.

And if the drinking game word of the night was bitcoin, I'd be on the floor already - and we're only 20 minutes in.

• Love 1

The only way to watch this show is for laughs/drinking game phrases.  And I swore I wouldn't watch it again, but it came on right after Survivor, and I was laughing so hard at that outcome that I forgot to change the channel. 

Seriously, how DID it get renewed?  Isn't it a laughingstock everywhere?  And if not, I weep for my country. 

Seriously, how DID it get renewed?  Isn't it a laughingstock everywhere?  And if not, I weep for my country. 

My theory is 1) Patricia's Oscar and 2) it's probably popular with folks who have problems just booting up a computer, much less being even remotely tech savvy. Trust me, there are still a lot of them out there.

• Love 1

My theory is 1) Patricia's Oscar and 2) it's probably popular with folks who have problems just booting up a computer, much less being even remotely tech savvy. Trust me, there are still a lot of them out there.

When I think about it, I work with some of those folks, even though we have to use computers for everything from taking attendance to keeping grades/report cards.  But I still don't get it - bad scripts, bad acting, bad everything.  sigh. Meanwhile, Battle Creek is gone, and I'm bitter. 

The top comment on an article called CSI:Cyber is as dumb as it seems says "I think CSI CYBER is an up to date version of what we are facing today and I love it! The story lines are interesting and keeps u guessing. Im learning very much about the deep web and love the characters!"

Soo... there are people out there who are just that clueless.

Ah, those unreliable Bitcoins getting stolen by Evil Botnets.  Including taking Tony Amendola's retirement funds!  How there they?!!

Krummy suddenly turning into an action hero has to be the most bizarre thing I ever saw.  If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that half of that was suppose to be Elijah stuff, but James Van Der Beek was tired for this episode and was like "Hey, give the actions stuff to someone else, please!"

I know I've tend to complain about how boring Avery is and how stiff Patricia Arquette has been in this role, but honestly?  I think I almost prefer it to this more "friendly, down with the geeks" Avery, that has suddenly sprung up these past few episodes.  She just comes off so awkward, and I think Patricia is going for a normal smile, but her grins kind of come off creepy.  Like she's going to kidnap Raven/Krummy/Bow Wow, and force them to play video games with her, and make them her new BFFs.  It is just so damn weird.  Part of it could be that whole "unhip boss trying to fit in with his/her co-workers" is always a bit sad, but she is somehow taking it to another level.