Type keyword(s) to search

Lifetime Original Movies - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Did anyone watch “You Are Not Dumping My Daughter “? This was based on a real life case from 1993 when a mom hired a hit man after a 16 year old boy dumped her daughter. This woman was crazy! I felt so sorry for the boy and the daughter who just wanted to live a normal life. 

• Like 1
On 10/13/2024 at 6:54 PM, Madding crowd said:

Did anyone watch “You Are Not Dumping My Daughter “? This was based on a real life case from 1993 when a mom hired a hit man after a 16 year old boy dumped her daughter. This woman was crazy! I felt so sorry for the boy and the daughter who just wanted to live a normal life. 

Yeah that was nuts.

Even more nuts was The Alyssa Pladl Story that aired last night. Her husband basically married their daughter had a baby with her, then killed her, the baby, and the daughter’s adopted father before killing himself! It was awful. 

• Like 1

Yes I watched that one too. That poor girl and baby. One thing I wondered about: it was clear Katie grew up in a nice and stable home but her personality seemed to change so fast when she came to stay at the birth parent’s house. Suddenly she was no longer interested in the family she grew up with or college or anything but her birth father. And how was he paying the rent since he never seemed to work. I felt bad for Alyssa and especially the poor baby.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Yes I watched that one too. That poor girl and baby. One thing I wondered about: it was clear Katie grew up in a nice and stable home but her personality seemed to change so fast when she came to stay at the birth parent’s house. Suddenly she was no longer interested in the family she grew up with or college or anything but her birth father. And how was he paying the rent since he never seemed to work. I felt bad for Alyssa and especially the poor baby.

Ugh. Not that all babies aren’t cute, but that poor baby was so adorable that while I am extremely grateful they didn’t show what happened to him, the fact tha5 it was so obvious what was about to happened made me ill.

Katie proved that anyone can get vulnerable to grooming, even those with a stable (adopted) family.

• Like 1