Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Heal Thyself

Felix’s hypochondria kicks into overdrive when Oscar starts dating the most important person in Felix’s life – his doctor.

I watched it, but didn't feel like commenting. Now, I feel a bit sad for the episode. Kind of like how I feel a bit for Felix.

This episode is better, imo, than the next one due to it building things that pay-off at the end in a good, funny way. Sadly, I think there aren't enough folks either watching or caring enough to comment.  

Having Oscar date Felix's doctor is fun. I think  Oscar dated a doctor in the  70s version, but I don't think she was Felix's doctor. I did not like her bad-mouthing Felix to Oscar. Oscar and Felix are friends; presumably they enjoy each other and have seen each other enough that Oscar doesn't need the doctor to tell him that Felix can be tiring/exhausting.

It was an uneven, yet still entertaining  episode, imo.

Sadly, I think there aren't enough folks either watching or caring enough to comment.  

The show gets about 9 million viewers a week, so it must be the second thing.

Edited by GaryE
  • Love 1

I had it in my DVR lineup, but deleted it. I can have this show on, but it doesn't hold my attention. It just doesn't click for me. Matthew Perry is going to have to keep trying to find a tv show for himself, and I really prefer Thomas Lennon's odd, quirky roles in comedic movies.

I've been watching but I didn't see any comments before.  

In this episode Felix did remind me more of the Tony Randall version of Felix with the hypochondria.   I think the flaw in the episode was that it would be unlikely that the dr would go out with Oscar so soon after seeing him as a patient, especially since she knew his roommate was his patient too.  So the whole premise of the episode didn't work at all. 

• Love 1

If I recall, in the original TV series, Oscar starts dating Dr. Nancy Cunningham after Dr. Melnitz, Felix's physician, brings her in as his new associate, so she is Oscar's girlfriend and Felix's doctor at the same time.

What I didn't like about this episode was the doctor complaining to Oscar about Felix, her patient. Has she never heard of HIPAA? 

• Love 3