Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: By The Pricking Of My Thumbs

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, gingerella said:

1. Leery says to Claire early on that she knows Jaime is in love with someone else. She doesn't say it's Claire but I assumed that is what she meant, even if Claire's not yet aware of his feelings. So why does she suddenly say he's hers and she's his? It makes no sense in terms of the story and dialogue we've already been shown. And why wouldn't Jaime tell her to back off, or tell Mrs. Fitz to have a word with her so she's less embarrassed about it.

2. After Jaime rescues Claire from Ft. William they jump into the river and then they're riding along the river and their clothes look perfectly dry. Jamie's said it'll be Yule when they get back to Leoch, so it must be December. How are they not sick as dogs wearing wet clothes after jumping into icy Scottish waters that time of year?!?

3. Leticia says its been a long time since there was a wedding in the castle, so I assumed they'd have a proper castle wedding - or feast at least - but that never happened.

4. Claire goes to the Stones and sees her plaid wrap laying on the ground where she left it when she arrives, and she STILL doesn't pick it up! I want to know if it's Fraser tartan because it looks like it!

5.  And last but not least, Id like to see some sort of bathing, just because...hygiene...

1. I think they both underestimate Leery.  She's supposed to be about 16, I think, so much younger than the two of them.  They both discount the impact she could have.  And I also think they respect Mrs. Fitz too much to say something bad about her granddaughter.  Maybe?  Anyone, someone should have been more clear.

2. They had been riding for awhile, but yeah...wool takes a long time to dry and it wasn't warm outside.

3. Strong point.

4. Wait, what?  WHAT?!  How did I miss THAT?!  

5. This is one of those silly things in the books that actually provides a lot of context for underlying dynamics in the story as a whole.  I don't think this is spoilery -

Spoiler

At one point in the book, Jamie does comment to Claire that she is the cleanest person he knows because she is always washing herself...hands, face, other bits.

We do occasionally see Claire washing in various streams, though.  And Mrs. Fitz did dump some water over Claire's head when she first arrived at Leoch.  But, you're right, so far, that's all we've gotten.  So, Claire is relatively clean, at least.  Colum did shave for the Gathering.  Jamie apparently had an 80's-style blow out for the Wedding.  Not sure about anyone else.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, SassAndSnacks said:

Jamie apparently had an 80's-style blow out for the Wedding.  

I am glad I let you answer these questions! What’s wrong with 80’s hair? 

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, gingerella said:

4. Claire goes to the Stones and sees her plaid wrap laying on the ground where she left it when she arrives, and she STILL doesn't pick it up! I want to know if it's Fraser tartan because it looks like it!

I finally found it via FF and the colour is blue and grey. Not quite the colour of Jamie's formal attire for his wedding, but it resembled the work-a-day tartan of the earlier episodes. That might have been Mackenzie colours though? And, to be sure, it was on her "side" of the stone. Not Frank's. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Cdh20 said:

What’s wrong with 80’s hair? 

As a child of the 80’s, there is nothing wrong with 80’s hair.

Jamie’s hair is curly throughout every episode we’ve seen so far, but when he meets Claire for the wedding, his hair is straight, so he clearly took some pains with the grooming, ye ken? Color me pleased that as the episode progresses, he goes back to his normal tousled look. Sigh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

This brings up some issues I'm having with continuity and reality, the latter I know is dicey given this is a show revolving around time travel but here are my issues:

1. Leery says to Claire early on that she knows Jaime is in love with someone else. She doesn't say it's Claire but I assumed that is what she meant, even if Claire's not yet aware of his feelings. So why does she suddenly say he's hers and she's his? It makes no sense in terms of the story and dialogue we've already been shown. And why wouldn't Jaime tell her to back off, or tell Mrs. Fitz to have a word with her so she's less embarrassed about it.

2. After Jaime rescues Claire from Ft. William they jump into the river and then they're riding along the river and their clothes look perfectly dry. Jamie's said it'll be Yule when they get back to Leoch, so it must be December. How are they not sick as dogs wearing wet clothes after jumping into icy Scottish waters that time of year?!?

3. Leticia says its been a long time since there was a wedding in the castle, so I assumed they'd have a proper castle wedding - or feast at least - but that never happened.

5.  And last but not least, Id like to see some sort of bathing, just because...hygiene...

It’s late and I’m tired, lol, but wanted to say that I totally concur with all of your points!  

• LOL 1