Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Paris

• Start Topic

Somebody go all the way back with me to Season 1. Wasn't it suggested in Season 1 that Ragnar was a child of Odin's?

I think that's just the Viking way of saying "he's all that" or "he's the bee's knees" or whatever.  But it has been said several times.

• Love 1

Getting back to the walking stick, it seems Ragnar started using it shortly after being wounded. We were all so grossed out by Queen Krazypants peeing on him (the disinfectant thing, I guess) that we didn't pick up on later episodes where Ragnar walked with the staff in one hand, and his other hand in a fist pressed to his stomach. I only noticed it a few days ago when re-watching. Anybody who's ever had abdominal surgery knows it takes a heckuva long time to heal even in modern times. It must have been much worse having your belly sliced open by a spear. Probably hurts the poor guy even to walk. And you use your abs for everything. Anyway, that's my take. If Ragnar starts swinging the staff around beating the snot out of the Franchies, you can all tell me I'm full of it. But gently, please; as I'm a first-time poster (but long time lurker). Nice to meet you folks.

• Love 9

Getting back to the walking stick, it seems Ragnar started using it shortly after being wounded. We were all so grossed out by Queen Krazypants peeing on him (the disinfectant thing, I guess) that we didn't pick up on later episodes where Ragnar walked with the staff in one hand, and his other hand in a fist pressed to his stomach. I only noticed it a few days ago when re-watching. Anybody who's ever had abdominal surgery knows it takes a heckuva long time to heal even in modern times. It must have been much worse having your belly sliced open by a spear. Probably hurts the poor guy even to walk. And you use your abs for everything. Anyway, that's my take. If Ragnar starts swinging the staff around beating the snot out of the Franchies, you can all tell me I'm full of it. But gently, please; as I'm a first-time poster (but long time lurker). Nice to meet you folks.

I was super grossed out thinking about all of the syphilis and crabs and other STD yuckiness she peed onto his open, bleeding wounds along with the urine.  Ragnar must have a hell of an immune system. 

Random thoughts during the episode: 

"...or something of that sort." Heh. I can't help it. I still like Ecbert for some reason.

Floki really isn't too bright, is he? Can he really not see Ragnar's setting him up? Or at least it certainly seems that way.

Poor Ragnar, mourning over his lost boyfriend. :(

Princess Krazypants! I never thought I'd like this character, but she's really grown on me this season.

I know nothing about medieval French history, but what the crap was up with the masks on the French king and princess at the end? I thought Dr. Doom had dropped by for a visit.

Very, very excited for next week. The Two Towers is my favorite of the LotR movies specifically for Helm's Deep, so...yeah. Bring on the siege!

I asked my husband about the masks and he said it was so people couldn't see the fear.  Makes sense.  (edit - sorry, wrong episode.  I was refering to the metal mask of the French king during the seige.  Disregard.)

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 1