Type keyword(s) to search

Prady's Going To Win! Speculation

Didn't Alicia say that the winner wouldn't take office for six months? I predict some serious buyer's remorse among the electorate in the interim.

Are the hackers going to reveal that Will sent the ballot-stuffing video to the reporter? Somebody did.

• Love 1

That doesn't make sense. Even if there's some huge scandal and Alicia resigns in disgrace, there is no way Prady becomes SA. Zero. None. Elected office is not Miss America. The runner-up doesn't fulfill the duties if the winner is unavailable.

When Peter had to resign that same office, it went automatically to Glenn Childs. There is some designated bureaucrat in the office who would take the job, and then a new election would be called at the appropriate time.

I think all this is going to make explicit in, how getting a job and being good at it and developing an identity separate from Peter and her family, Alicia is becoming like Peter. We've seen the obvious stuff. She had a one-night stand with someone she didn't see long-term potential with, just like Peter did. She's made the decision to be effective over idealistic, use political gamesmanship over trying to win people over, just like Peter did. That one actually goes back to the 4th season, or at least to whenever all the NSA stuff happened. That's why I don't think she'll fail. I think she'll succeed. It's way more interesting to have Alicia be successful and a bit dirty, than to have her be self-righteous and self-sacrificing. To "do what's right" instead of what puts bad guys in jail, or wins her a victory for her clients, or whatever else.

I also think the Kings deserve credit for allowing their female lead to behave like that instead of winning everything by being good and pure. (A standard no one applied to Will. Or Peter. Or Eli. Or Diane).

• Love 1

I think she'll succeed. It's way more interesting to have Alicia be successful and a bit dirty, than to have her be self-righteous and self-sacrificing.

I think you can tell she WANTS to get results, and perhaps is considering how useful her "St. Alicia" persona is to her now. That's some serious character growth I'd like to see happen as well.

• Love 1

Anyone else think Kalinda will sacrifice herself somehow to save Diane's career? That she'll make the metadata issue go away as long as she leaves the firm? Or something of that nature?

The question is…how? Diane is in trouble even if Kalinda confesses. Unless Kalinda makes a deal with Geneva Pine, such as flipping on Bishop.

I also think the Kings deserve credit for allowing their female lead to behave like that instead of winning everything by being good and pure. (A standard no one applied to Will. Or Peter. Or Eli. Or Diane).

A standard no one applied to Will, Peter, Eli or Diane because none of them ever hid behind a St. persona. It's the hypocrisy that bugs.

• Love 3