Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: The Best Of The Blinds

• Start Topic

We actually learned a fair bit of the battle pairings tonight...

From Team Blake, you've got Cody vs. the sacrificial cowboy lamb (Matt), Brian and Joshua (who sounded pretty great together, so I'm hoping steal regardless of what direction Blake goes), Cody and Jacob (I can only think of a couple of country vs. non-country pairings where Blake went w/ the non-country artist), Brooke vs. one of the montaged contestants (Bay) plus the two young country singers in Kelsey Mae vs. Brenna. Sarah the Nashville rocker must be going up against Blake's 12th contestant the way that was edited.

From Team Xtina, you've got India vs. Clinton (who sounded really good and I wonder if he's a candidate for a stealth steal just because the battle seems pretty epic), Sonic vs. Ameera. Not really a fan of Sonic, so hopefully Ameera can surprise...

From Team Adam, Michael and Blaze, Tonya and James, Barry and Jack (the token oldster battle) and Deanna and Nicolette (most likely a sacrificial lamb).

From Team Pharrell, Anthony and Travis (this pairing seems to have steal written all over it), Mia Z vs. Ashley Wagner, and Sawyer vs. yet another sacrificial lamb in Noelle (at least I think its her....she looked a whole lot different than what her picture on the Voice website looks like).

I'm cautiously optimistic. Seems like some good and current song choices....plus a decent amount of strong pairings.

• Love 1
(edited)

I know it is supposed to be blind but at a certain point it isn't and how far can you back someone whose 'unique' style is Tootsie does Janis? Looking at you Sarah. Affectation irks me.

Edited by Oinky Boinky

After having a chance to watch the auditions again, I think my Top 10 from the first two weeks are:

1. India Carney (Team Xtina)

2. Brooke Adee (Team Blake)

3. Sawyer Fredrickson (Team Pharrell)

4. Anthony Riley (Team Pharrell)

5. Teeva Gibson (Team Xtina)

6. Meghan Linsey (Team Pharrell)

7. Travis Euwing (Team Pharrell)

8. Koryn Hawthorne (Team Xtina)

9. Deenana Johnson (Team Adam)

10. Kimberly Nichole (Team Pharrell)

What worries me is that half of these ended up on Team Pharrell.  The battles and knockouts for that team are going to be brutal.

Recap episode?  I've always thought that was a stupid, lazy idea.  

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  What can I say, I'm a cheap date!

It helped shove Idol down a peg or two in the ratings too. Win for everyone.

How can they have a "Best of Blinds" episode before they even finished airing the Blind Auditions? Are they pretty much telling us the remaining Blinds on Monday will be terrible (aka Battles fodder)?

Probably due to TV scheduling.  This upcoming Monday's episode is supposed to be both blinds and battles.  So no way to fit the clip show otherwise.  

It's also likely that these Monday blinds will be battles fodder. Presumably these will be contestants filling the final spots on these coaches' teams (not always, because the show does play around with editing). Contestants slotted this late in the blinds were probably not the stronger ones anyway.