Type keyword(s) to search

S20: Rumer Willis: G.I. Jane 2.0

• Start Topic

The only way anyone "deserves" to be in the top three in a popularity contest is to be one of the top 3 vote-getters. If Rumer isn't one of the top 3, then she doesn't "deserve" to be there, per the rules of the contest.

(edited)

After all these years, how can you (mittens excepted) keep forgetting that our little contest is hugely a popularity one! For shame! LOL lots. A good dancer usually wins, however; this year MAY be the first in which that does not happen.

Edited by just prin

I was interestedly watching Rumer's younger face in the packages last night due to some claims that she'd had lots of work done on her face, rather than grow into it.  It totally looks to me as if she's grown into her face.  I didn't see any evidence of unnatural change.  Maybe they photoshopped all the pics?

• Love 2

She really did not have much of a story IMO.  She did not like her looks, so she spent what had to be substantial amounts of money fixing what she did not like.  Not everyone is privileged enough to be able to afford that.  

Her own Mother has had work done, so she probably grew up thinking that it is normal to let the doctor "fix" you.

I think what balances out the substantial amount of money she has to spend on her looks is the fact that she was publicly lambasted for them. I have my own insecurities about my looks (we all do) and the thought that all my flaws would be paraded around the internet to be commented on negatively gives me the shivers. Whatever work she's had done, I think she truly looks beautiful on DWTS and a lot of that is her attitude and confidence.

I actually really liked the Swan Lake idea; a lot of these dances seem to blur together after years of watching, but this was definitely unique. However I didn't like the use of the tango and waltz as the basis for the choreography. I've seen the tango steps that were in their SL done much better other times, and it took me out of the unique concept. I would have liked more ballet-type movements (obviously not en pointe, but ballet-ish). However that lift was executed perfectly and made up for some of the other flaws.

She's rumored to have a lot of plastic surgery.  She has her mother's and grandmother's nose, so I think that's genuine.  I think it's pretty clear she has veneers, and they're too big for her.  Possibly lip injections.  Whatever she's had done, I hope she grows to be comfortable in her own skin.

There's a post in the episode thread that basically says - Rumer's a spoiled millionaire, and why waste sympathy on someone in her position.  For some reason, it reminded me of an article I read years ago, when Rumer was still a baby/toddler.  Bruce and Demi were self-involved people who had gigantic egos, and travelled with huge entourages.  Demi was on a movie set, and the article described her surroundings.  There was Demi's entourage, her entire doll collection, and her little designer dogs.  No child.  That made me really pity Rumer.  Eventually Demi's career flopped, which spurred her into moving to Idaho and being more involved with her children's lives.  Then when Demi's third marriage failed, she started abusing drugs.  There were many articles describing how Rumer would accompany Demi to her parties, in order to essentially babysit her, and curb her drug abuse.  I have a lot of compassion for Rumer.

• Love 6

Risky, sure but no risk no reward. .I've heard Toxic done in a slowed down version by other artists and  for me it's really kind of cool.  They have an excellent producer in Linda Perry for the song, and since it will be the Argentine Tango I've been waiting for Im kinda stoked for it. .  

PureBS announced Val and Rumer's singing and violin playing with no adjectives.  I guess they should be lauded for not sinking to such a childish level that they actually dissed it, but their OTT partisanship does make me hella angry a lot.  It will be interesting to hear Rumer sing, but I've never been particularly fond of pros getting involved in the making of the music (Val, Mark, Derek).  I can't think of a logical reason for being irritated by it, but I am.