Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Waiting for Tonight

Jules and Grayson are determined to make it to their reservation at the hottest restaurant in town; Andy has trouble with a costume he rented for Stan's birthday; Ellie starts ghost-tweeting for Laurie and gets lost in a new identity.

And now I will have that Jennifer Lopez song stuck in my head indefinitely!

The girl was Bonnie. She's played by a writer of the show (as is Jerry, the guy who plays her husband). IMDB says she's been in three previous episodes last season but the only episode I vaguely remember is her wedding - Jules & Grayson got in a fight and then made up and left early or something?

Unless this season improves dramatically, I'm going to start pretending Cougar Town only had two seasons. I was really hoping they'd do more with Ken Jenkins than just have him sneeze loudly. At least the entire cul de sac feels the same way about Travis sleeping with Laurie as I do.

I don't really care for "careless driver" as a quirk, especially for a woman character. They should have worked harder to make the accidents look more accidental and less like Jules is a menace. They actually did OK with the last one (Jerry was a dope to kneel in someone's driveway) but even there Jules did something dumb (and I don't think just bumping two people would stop a rolling car like that).

Crista Miller wasn't always smooth delivering the "Laurie-speak". This was most obvious in the scene with the hostess, who was a lot more comfortable (more rehearsed?).

I was actually OK with Bonnie, I thought Josh Hopkins sold it with just the right amount of being weirded out without actually appearing to feel violated.

Andy losing his job seems like it should be a big deal.

• Love 1

The girl was Bonnie. She's played by a writer of the show (as is Jerry, the guy who plays her husband). IMDB says she's been in three previous episodes last season but the only episode I vaguely remember is her wedding - Jules & Grayson got in a fight and then made up and left early or something?

Yes, they were Jules' clients, she sold them a house and then she couldn't shake them. Grayson was trying to make a point that she can't say no to anybody, she couldn't even turn down their wedding invitation. Then when they got there they found out they were maid of honor and best man. Grayson had to make a toast and he was really apologizing to Jules but Bonnie thought he was talking about her and it was obvious she had a huge crush on him.

However, in this episode it seemed like Bonnie was actually working at Grayson's pub, and if that's the case it's never been mentioned before. They really are sort of random to just suddenly be showing up all of a sudden.

I can't help think the running gag about everyone shuddering in disgust at the thought of Travis and Laurie having sex was in reaction to the audience's complaints about that relationship. Like they know we all hate that they put these two together, but they figure it's too late to do anything about it at this point so they'll just make a joke out of it.

• Love 2

However, in this episode it seemed like Bonnie was actually working at Grayson's pub, and if that's the case it's never been mentioned before. They really are sort of random to just suddenly be showing up all of a sudden.

Was she wearing on t-shirt or something that made it look like she worked as the bar? After all, Barb used to show up randomly to drop her one-liner and leave.

I can't help think the running gag about everyone shuddering in disgust at the thought of Travis and Laurie having sex was in reaction to the audience's complaints about that relationship. Like they know we all hate that they put these two together, but they figure it's too late to do anything about it at this point so they'll just make a joke out of it.

That's my take on it too, although it's the thought of Laurie having sex that makes me blech.

I found the Ellie getting inside Laurie's head plot pretty funny. Although I thought it didn't really resolve itself. I mean Ellie bet Laurie that she could basically take over her life/Twitter or whatever for a day. But there was no follow-up with Laurie being surprised that it actually worked. 

Also I think part of the reason that the Travis/Laurie relationship grosses me out, that  I realized last night (other of course than the fact that she has known him forever, is his mom's best friend and she used to have sex with his step-dad) is the fact that he still looks like a kid, while she looks like an adult. So it is like some creepy high school teacher picking up her younger student movie or something.

• Love 1

Also I think part of the reason that the Travis/Laurie relationship grosses me out, that  I realized last night (other of course than the fact that she has known him forever, is his mom's best friend and she used to have sex with his step-dad) is the fact that he still looks like a kid, while she looks like an adult. So it is like some creepy high school teacher picking up her younger student movie or something.

Right???  I was shocked when I googled him and found out that Dan Byrd is 29!

• Love 1