Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Evergreen

From Wikipedia:

The story of Master Evergreen, and his young assistant, Gunter (voiced by Pamela Adlon), during the prehistoric era, long before the Mushroom War.

ETA: Well, that was weird. It's the origin of Ice King's crown, but we get weird characters even though this was supposed to be before the Mushroom War. So what . . . this happens between the dinosaurs and today? Candy and slime are elements?

I do wonder if that means candy and slime are opposing forces that must be in equilibrium for the good of all.

It was super interesting to me because during the scenes with Marcy and Simon, there's the sort of PB goo, and the badness all seems to be zombificating green slime. So I enjoyed that thruline from previous episodes that showed that stuff to this one.

I forgot to mention the online schedule says this takes place in the future. I wonder what that means?

Well, the whole series takes place way in the future. I didn't take it to mean it was the future after "the present" of what we usually see in the show. It's the future in the sense that everything on the show is the future from our current present. I think it pretty clearly must have taken place before "current" events of the show, since it was the crown's origin story. Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

Well, the whole series takes place way in the future. I didn't take it to mean it was the future after "the present" of what we usually see in the show. It's the future in the sense that everything on the show is the future from our current present. I think it pretty clearly must have taken place before "current" events of the show, since it was the crown's origin story.

I took the comet to be one that wiped out the dinosaurs, which means the ice crown is millions of years old. 

• Love 1

Interesting, maybe. I still assumed it must be a future-but-similar comet situation. My reasoning is primarily based on the Cheers reference/VHS tape in the rubble in Simon and Marcy. So I'm basically on the "it's Earth but WAY in the future" train. Not that I know how a VHS tape lasted that long, and given the landscape in this episode, it would make sense for the comet thing to be millions of years prior to current Ice King, rather than being sometime between now and the Mushroom War, but I guess, I'm not sure. I think it's likely it was somewhat intentionally ambiguous.

• Love 1

An interesting detail - the sickly green comet of doom had a couple of swirly bits quite reminiscent of the Lich's horns.

I wondered why there was something familiar about that comet...

I also noticed the henchman was named Gunther and his pet looked like Jake.