Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: You Think You Know Somebody

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Troy is revealed as a douche canoe. This is the episode where I confirm that Amazon's prime streaming does in fact have the original music because I'm pretty sure this is where I heard The Postal Service's Such Great Heights for the first time maybe. I'm too lazy to check dates and it's an irrelevant fact but nonetheless I knew it was in this episode so when it played I was happy.

This episode confuses me, because it partly makes you think Troy's been pulling a long con on Veronica for the whole time he's been on the show but on the other hand that makes no sense. Nothing Veronica does for Troy makes any difference because it seems his plan all along was to steal his dad's car and the drugs and make a run for it? But if that was his plan why bother playing out the three days of searching for the car and all that mess? Why not just go back and get the car and drugs that same day?

• Love 1

I'm loving the Veronica/Keith relationship in these early episodes; they have their rough spots, but they do love each other so much. The music is great, and the electronics don't drag me out as much as I thought (maybe because I have several family members who will use flip phones until they die).

That said, I agree that the idea of the long con here is hard to believe, but hey, it IS pretend! I have always just been glad that my initial dislike of Troy was justified...

• Love 1

I usually don't go down that rabbit hole of believability in this show, but for some reason this episode just confused me because it only served to show that our mutual dislike for Troy was justified...

I don't know, it seems like the point was to convince his dad that the car actually got stolen (maybe)? If Troy just leaves his dad would report the car stolen and the cops would be looking for it with Troy in it...just like they will once the school calls him and says that Troy never showed up. Yeah, doesn't really make any sense. Whatever.

Agree that the Veronica/Keith relationship is the best part, and kind of the whole point. The bit with her mom was fine too. (But: her mom was all "I won't tell you whose letter got to me so you don't know who it was" while calling Veronica on the phone she gave her. No caller id to know which phone it was?)

• Love 3

Yes, glad for Amazon prime streaming so I don't have to wait 3 days for the next Netflix disc.

Since the phones were burners, I'm not sure caller ID could work.

I also don't quite understand why Troy was seeing Veronica either.  I can understand getting to know Logan so he could eventually score the drugs, but that seemed like playing with fire for him to woo Veronica, who's shown him she's a pretty good PI.  Loved how she turned the tables on him, and Zimmer as well.  Too bad, I was just able to tell him apart from all the other white boys (another of whom made an appearance this episode).  I can spot Logan because he's tall, very oval face and the necklace, but the rest start to look too much alike.

Definitely has me hooked to find out the overall mystery.  guess I'll be watching more episodes tonight and tomorrow.