Type keyword(s) to search

Wolf Hall In The Media

kieyra

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this since I haven't read the book and the show doesn't air in the US until April, but I thought I'd pass it along since I have a weakness for the contrarian viewpoint.

Revisionist historians such as Eamon Duffy with his masterwork The Stripping of the Altars have now conclusively exposed the Reformation for what it was – a cultural and religious calamity that ordinary people never asked for. And yet what Wolf Hall shows is that even in our age of indifference to religion, the old Protestant version of history – in which the Reformation supposedly liberated a backward people from the grip of murky superstition and greedy Popish priests – has not lost its power over our imaginations.

Telegraph: Hilary Mantel’s version of Thomas Cromwell is kind to animals – of course we like him

I've now watched the first three episodes. I see that there are six in all.

Without spoiling me, can anyone tell me whether these six encompass the entirety of the two Hilary Mantel books? Or will there be a second series?

I've now watched the first three episodes. I see that there are six in all.

Without spoiling me, can anyone tell me whether these six encompass the entirety of the two Hilary Mantel books? Or will there be a second series?

The six episodes encompass the two books so far, Wolf Hall and Bring Up The Bodies.

Mantel is theoretically working on a third/final book, but I don't know if they will make another series.

I expect she's struggling a bit with the final book.

Old news that somehow slipped by me:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3260002/Popular-drama-Wolf-Hall-set-start-filming-second-series-based-Hilary-Mantel-s-unfinished-book.html

Popular drama Wolf Hall set to start filming second series based on Hilary Mantel's unfinished third book

Thank you for posting this and for mentioning the third book was still unfinished...I had a small heart attack thinking I had somehow missed it....!

• Love 1