Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

He really does come over as a Marlowe clone, not that interested in the romance side of things prefers the bigger action episodes.  The only one I liked of his was After the Storm.  I can see why Andrew picked him.

• Love 1

Andrew Bikichky @AndrewBikichky  ·  18m 18 minutes ago

#Castle Ep708

Directeur Jeannot Szwarc

Scénario David Amann

Way Out West - The Gift

X

Castle Musique Vendredi :)

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  13h 12 hours ago

Halloween costume research. Why does this rind me of this last week with #stanakatic ?! @ Hollywood… http://instagram.com/p/trqBIAFGGV/

Halloween costume research....what treats await us I wonder? 

Castle Exclusive Interview Season 7 Andrew W. Marlowe David Amann at Assignment X.

The usual guff.

Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,

Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology.

Yes that's how many times it gets a mention.

The only thing that raised an eyebrow was talk of Marlowe working on a screenplay for Marvel’s Nick Fury(?) I think that might be Derrick Storm and the writer has made a mistake, may be someone can help out on this. They also got the date of the premiere wrong (that was the original scheduled date) so this interview can't be that recent.  

Oh and just so you know they realise there was some "disappointment" about how the season ended:

AX: Is there anything else you’d like to say about CASTLE?

AMANN: Just that we know there was some disappointment among some folks about the season finale and how it ended and that it interrupted an expected event. And there’s good reason for what was done, and I think that when people pick up the show at the beginning of this season, they’ll see what it was and they’ll see there are some great opportunities that were presented by that and that we’re excited about.

Yeah right. You keep saying that David if it makes you feel better.  You stalled because you wanted to drag things out as long as you can possibly get away with it which is what has always happened when it comes to Castle and Beckett and their relationship.  

Amman says the show has a number of years left in it, lots of stories to tell etc.

AMANN: I think the show has a number of years left in it, if the TV gods smile upon us. I think there is plenty of story left to be told with these characters. I think some of the things we’re doing to open up the mythology on Castle’s side help us with that, and I think that there are some aspects of our secondary characters that we’d really like to explore that could take us into seasons to come.

I'll believe it when I see it when it comes to developing the secondary cast, this is one of the few shows I've watched where you learn less about the secondary characters with every passing season and they've become increasingly peripheral to the main event - the COTW. They've shown no signs of wanting to explore anything of any substance when it comes to the secondary cast unless you count "exploring" one line dropped here and there during an episode about once a season. 

Edited by verdana
Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,
Mythology,Mythology,Mythology,Mythology.

Even the interviewer used the word mythology in this one.  Multiple times.  Maybe it's catching?

Maybe it's catching?

I bloody well hope not, if it is then like the Ebola virus it's something that needs to be urgently stamped out. 

What happened to #Castle ?

Is he who he says he is?

This man may have the answers (RoganDidIt) @EddieMcClintock : X

Heh, oh Stana you little tease.

But seriously I do hope they're not going to get Rogan involved in this new mythology business or try and go back and correct the marriage crapola in some stupid way. I never want to hear about Beckett's first husband on the show ever again. I mean look at that face! I bet that man would struggle to even tie up his own shoelaces!

Tyler Hilton @TylerHilton  ·  Oct 2

Dear mom and dad, Hollywood is everything I hoped it would be. #Castle http://instagram.com/p/tqULL1Pw1R/

I presume Mr  Hilton will be wearing rather more clothing in the actual episode. 

Seamus Dever @seamusdever  ·  14h 14 hours ago

Hey! @Jon_Huertas and I are doing a kick ass duet this Monday night for a great cause. http://www.breastcancerdeadline2020.org/donate/fundraising-events/les-girls-14.html …

Lol Tyler is guest staring. After seeing a top 10 Chris Keller moments vid, I see he kept on being an annoying character after I stopped watching One Tree Hill. I do hope his acting has improved cause he was terrible on that show and was probably hired more for singing ability. Now I'm wonder what are the odds that this western ep will have a singing cowboy.

CASTLE MUST BECOME “KINDERGARTEN COP”

TO SOLVE A MURDER, ON ABC’S “CASTLE”

“Child’s Play” – When an ice cream vender is shot, evidence leads Beckett and Castle to believe that an unknown second-grader may have vital information about the case. Castle goes undercover at an elementary school to try and identify the second-grader but nothing goes as planned, on “Castle,” MONDAY, OCTOBER 20 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Castle” stars Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle, Stana Katic as NYPD Detective Kate Beckett, Susan Sullivan as Martha Rodgers, Molly Quinn as Alexis Castle, Penny Johnson Jerald as NYPD Captain Victoria Gates, Tamala Jones as Medical Examiner Lanie Parish, Jon Huertas as NYPD Detective Javier Esposito, and Seamus Dever as NYPD Detective Kevin Ryan.

Guest Cast: Sergei Vetotchkin as Elya Baskin, Bess Rous as Natalie Barnes, David Barrera as Principal Silva, Rachel Eggleston as Emily.

“Child’s Play” was written by Rob Hanning and directed by Rob Bowman.

“Castle” is produced by ABC Studios. The executive producers are Andrew Marlowe (creator), David Amann (showrunner), Rob Bowman, Armyan Bernstein, Rob Hanning and Terri Edda Miller.

Castle undercover in an elemantry school sounds like fun.

Edited by cappuccino

Once Upon A Time in the West

One Tree Hill alum Tyler Hilton has traded rock for country, with a fun role in Castle‘s upcoming trip to the “Old West.”

In the seventh episode of the ABC drama’s seventh season, titled “Once Upon A Time in the West,” Castle and Beckett discover that a murder victim may have been poisoned at an Old West-style resort. As such, they must “saddle up” and visit the resort to find out the truth. Y’all.

Hilton shared the news of his casting (and a first look at his Old West bloomers) via Instagram. TVLine has since confirmed that he will guest-star as Tobias, “a fun-loving resort guest privy to a scandalous secret.”

On Old West-style resort in New York? If not then I'm baffled why a NY cop gets involved if they have to go out of state. 

If they do end up getting married prior to 7.07 it doesn't sound like they get much of a honeymoon!  

The Child's Play one sounds better I take he's going undercover as a teacher presumably.  I hope none of the kids recognize him after he's been all over the news and in the papers after his disappearance.  

starwarshooked
17 hours ago
#nathanfillion from #castle Saw him at #universalstudios while on the #tramride. #monsestour X

Ring is on plain as day and the plaid is back. 

Edited by verdana

That poor woman you really think she would learn from past experiences that she should wait until it happens. When I first saw that title I thought the episode that shocked her was one where she had more than five lines. 

As for Esplaine and them being brought closer together due to what's happened to Castle and Beckett, I wonder if I'll see any tangible signs of that on screen or is it in her imagination it happens? 

Tamala Jones: Lanie knows her stuff!

Lee Lofland would beg to differ with you Tamala. 

As for Kate and Lanie also being brought closer together, they can't get more distant since they hardly ever spoke more than about ten words to each other so anything would be an improvement on that. 

Edited by verdana

From Matt Rousch at TV Guide.

Question: In your Sept. 29 column, you were asked specifically about Nathan Fillion and whether he will renew his contract on Castle. I'm curious as to why it hasn't been addressed that Stana Katic's contract is about to expire as well. Katic is definitely a lead on Castle, and is imperative for the show's future. It seems as though most news reports are focusing only on Fillion's contract, but I would argue that without both Castle and Beckett, there is no way Castle would survive. What are your thoughts on this? Is there industry information that fans just haven't been made aware of, like that Katic has already signed on for more seasons? It seems obvious to me that ABC would try to snag Fillion first, but I would think it doesn't make much sense to ignore the other half of that duo. — Kate

Matt Roush: Here's a secret: As a critic, I don't report on contract negotiations, and generally, I don't care about them until it actually affects the life of a show, because I tend to work under the assumption that most lead actors will eventually make a deal, choosing not to walk away from the show that helped make them a star. Of course, if they do, then it's news. (See our archive on Cote de Pablo if you doubt it.) Until then, it's pure speculation that I'd just as soon stay out of. Last week's question was directly aimed at Nathan Fillion, who gave TV Guide Magazine a direct quote on this subject in our Returning Favorites issue. It didn't occur to me then to wonder about his co-star, although you're absolutely right that Castle without Beckett would be just as untenable as Castle without Castle. Rightly or wrongly, there may be an assumption that Stana Katic would be less likely to bolt than Fillion, who had a higher profile before this show came along. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they're not all back in place next year and for several seasons to come, unless and until the day comes when the producers, stars and network mutually agree that it's time to hang it up. Given the season opener's ratings, I'd imagine it could

For some reason that link is not working for me but I found this one here of Nathan and it's adorable. I can just imagine him being like this with Alexis when she was younger. Awwwww. 

I thought 7.03 was titled Clear and Present Danger (Creaseys), 7.04 is Child's Play. 

Edited by verdana

lol, Verdana! 

Just do the shit already or stop talking about it. Though 1 month a.k.a 4 weeks from tonight's episode is eppy 7x06; which is where everyone is pretty certain they'll marry {a.k.a the "what if" eppy; a.k.a Terri's eppy}. 

• Love 1
I hope none of the kids recognize him after he's been all over the news and in the papers after his disappearance. 

I assume this is later in the season and we are supposed to have forgotten about that by then (until sweeps).

I wonder if I'll see any tangible signs of that on screen or is it in her imagination it happens?

Her imagination, of course.  However, it would have been interesting to actually see Lanie/Esposito getting closer while Castle's missing, but they had to jump over all that.  But I doesn't them getting closer not fit with Espo thinking Castle just ditched Beckett?

Maybe Tamela is a better actor then we all think and these cheerful interviews are just her pretending she is excited.   But really, she was in the premiere more than most episodes last season, so she could be right about that.

Based on her comments, I am really curious what's up with Lanie in the AU episode.  How would her life be different if Castle/Beckett never met?  She gives less bad advice to Kate?

I couldn't care less if they have or not.

Well, I care.  But I promised I wouldn't give in and watch the sneak peeks, and I think I can wait a couple more hours.

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 1

Regardless of what episode the wedding falls in, I'm curious to see what storylines they throw out there for the other two episodes of the sweeps.

Edited by Nadine

What should happen next is Beckett answers her phone, tells Espo that she's just finishing something and but she'll be there ASAP, and then she and Castle can get in a quickie.

Seriously, one time I'd like to see Beckett shirk off work just for a couple minutes. ;)

• Love 1

I bet that promo that was linked above, with Castle telling Beckett not to answer the phone is from the same episode. Hopefully not the end, because I'd like to think they do get to have sex sometime in the episode.

• Love 1

I wonder if them sitting on the bed looking surprised that was in that earlier promo was also from here too?  I have to hope and pray that we get more than yet another "funny" interruption with no decent follow through. . 

I must admit this version of Castle fooling around can sometimes can get over done for me but it's the Creaseys and they did good last time with combining some decent Caskett moments with the COTW so we shall see. 

preview episode 3: castle and beckett are both sooo ready. → here is another link as the ABC link doesn't play properly for me.

Yeah they're ready pity we never get to see any action. 

I find it how bizarre how quickly they're releasing these sneaks this season, the episode has barely aired and they're putting them out. 

Edited by verdana

That clip reminded me of After the Storm and In the Belly of the Beast banter.

Yeah I totally got that vibe banter too. Since the Creaseys did an enjoyable ep last time around I do have hope we'll get a decent fun ep.

I wonder if them sitting on the bed looking surprised that was in that earlier promo was also from here too?  I have to hope and pray that we get more than yet another "funny" interruption. 

Well I'm expecting the sneak peek to be their first scene (when the murder is called in) and then the one on the bed plus being interrupted at the station will be the other two interruptions. Final scene will probably be them locking the bloody bedroom door and go to black. Heh.

turnitwayup they've given us good Caskett banter in the past. So I expect no less. Beckett and going into her territory from A Murder is Forever is coming back to bite her in the backside now by answering the phone.

Not surprised about the wedding "news", that confirms what Matt already said that it would happen before the end of the year. Matt wouldn't have said anything if he didn't know for sure.

Now my next question is will they do a big promotional push for it? 

Edited by verdana

One of the guys is wearing a HRT vest - Hostage Rescue Team

Thanks, I hope they're having any member of the team kidnapped again. Isn't Esposito meant to be getting into danger at some point? Although Jon looks safe and sound there. 

Luke Reichle @RedCarpetLuke  ·  15h 14 hours ago

It's beginning to look a lot like #Castle #Christmas every where I go. @ Raleigh Studios http://instagram.com/p/t3zju9lGBf/

Those of a nervous disposition should look away, someone says to Luke that looks suspiciously like a "Castle-sized cardigan", if he puts Nathan in that he deserves to do serious jail time. 

preview episode 3: castle and beckett are both sooo ready. → here is another link as the ABC link doesn't play properly for me.

Yeah they're ready pity we never get to see any action. 

I find it how bizarre how quickly they're releasing these sneaks this season, the episode has barely aired and they're putting them out.

I watched that preview 3 times. Does anyone realize that the couple may only have been together for the last 5 seconds? The rest I think is done with body doubles. The amusing thing is I saw some folks on another board who were thrilled about the chemistry between the couple! I wanted to say, "honey, that's all editing, production work". For the most part, they weren't even in the same room together....But saying so would require signing up for another board. So I'm saying it here.

Does anyone realize that the couple may only have been together for the last 5 seconds? The rest I think is done with body doubles. The amusing thing is I saw some folks on another board who were thrilled about the chemistry between the couple! I wanted to say, "honey, that's all editing, production work". For the most part, they weren't even in the same room together....But saying so would require signing up for another board. So I'm saying it here.

Do you really believe that they were body doubles? (Other than the fact that there are a couple of wide shots and you can see profiles from 45 seconds on, which is more than the last 5 seconds, and I don't even think their stand-ins look all th) Because that would be a waste of everyone's time and effort. I mean, I get what you're saying and there are a lot of tight shots so maybe they could do it if they needed to, but I don't think that's true. (Stupid debate about Stana and Nathan's personal feelings for one another aside.)

Also, even if they were doubles, what difference would it make as long as the audience is entertained and/or charmed? Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford don't(didn't) do their own stunts; that doesn't make their movies any less entertaining.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2