Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Slapstick

Rinaldo

Oh, Prez.  That hurts.  I identify with Prez - likes puzzles, being on the computer, arranging things on bulletin boards - check, check, and check.  Being utter crap in a violent situation?  Yeah, I'd probably be that, too.

Can't believe McNulty ducked out on his sleeping kids.

• Love 1

Oh, Prez.  That hurts.  I identify with Prez - likes puzzles, being on the computer, arranging things on bulletin boards - check, check, and check.  Being utter crap in a violent situation?  Yeah, I'd probably be that, too.

Prez is definitely not suited to be street police.

Can't believe McNulty ducked out on his sleeping kids.

I totally believe it.

• Love 3

It makes you wonder how the Prez's of the world become cops. We're there no other jobs available? Is it an easy exam? Is it for the opportunity to carry a gun? Is it for the chance to move up the ranks to a title with a higher pension? Did the wife talk him into it with the promise of her dad helping him skate through?

Prez never really seemed interested in the street work part of the job and that's ok. But I wonder what it was that made him ever take the exam and join the academy. There's no way he knew in basic training he would wind up in Major Crimes doing research work.

Lesson here, 'String: You come at a major social taboo, you best not miss.

Loved Slim Charles chastising those two about endangering a "bona fide colored lady".  And Sunday hats -- "crowns". 

McNulty, at least he made it back home before the kids woke up.  Kinda crappy of him to take the paper with his cell number on it.  Did he not want the kids to have his number?  Or was he worried that the ex would see it and find out that he'd left?

• Love 2

I think in his scuzzy McNulty way he was tried to scrub any evidence from the kids that he had left them alone. Can you imagine if it had gotten back to Elena that he was still whoring around (she knew he never stopped) but now he was leaving the kids unattended while he chased tail?

My feelings exactly. Prez was a lousy street cop (and I really disliked him in his first appearance), but I came to like and even admire him. He loved what he was doing and he was good at it. (He even stood up to his evil FIL in S2.) But he clearly belonged on the inside only. Without a gun. 

Edited by Jordan Baker
  • Love 2