Type keyword(s) to search

Dr. Cassandra Railly: Do You Think She Can Dance?

Trini

http://www.syfy.com/12monkeys/cast/cassandra_railly

Dr. Cassandra Railly is a brilliant virologist whose world is turned upside down when she's kidnapped by Cole.  He claims that in the future she'll send him a message asking for his help to stop a plague that will kill billions.  After he disappears, Railly's life falls apart, and she questions her own sanity.  But when Cole returns, she's drawn into a mission to help prevent the viral outbreak.  As a doctor she has taken a vow to do no harm -- but what does that mean when harm must be done to save the world?

Open to thread subtitle suggestions.

I like her. Don't think I've seen the actress before, but she's nice to look at and her character carries a large percentage of the show's watchable moments. She deserves to be a on a better SyFy show. Maybe Cole can go back in time and prevent "Being Human" from getting cancelled?

The first name is a bit much, though. How about calling the thread: Dr. "Cassandra..." Really?

I like this show and I like her character. She carries a large part of the load of the story so it would be awkward if she didn't work. I like shows with strong females on it and science fiction/time travel shows hit my sweet spot so I am in for the long run.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Well, the actress played Jodie Sawyer in Center Stage, and I haven't seen her in anything since, til now. So her thread title could reference ballet ie Dr. Railly: dancing into the apocalypse, or Dr. Railly: Ballet slippers not required.

I wonder if she will get the opportunity to do any dancing on this show. Seems unlikely, but you never know.

(edited)

I really like Cassie. She's a fantastic hero who doesn't embody stereotypes of women at all, but doesn't particularly make that what drives her character either. She just is.

She's smart, sexy, fun, funny, bold, compassionate, brave, loving, emotionally healthy, and totally unapologetic. She doesn't bullshit, says what she means, goes for what she wants, and owns it...whether that's being a doctor, getting a job, saving the world, choosing a sexual partner, confronting an enemy, dealing with loss, whatever. She says what she wants/thinks clearly, and she's super honest in her relationship with Cole, simply expecting that he do the same. When she comes back from Titan, she tells him exactly what happened so they can plan together. I love that she never questioned her sanity after falling in with the "time-traveling guy"; she told people the truth, no shame. Others questioned her and whether she was up to the task (hello, Aaron), but she never did. She's also willing to sacrifice herself, her child (OK, intermittently; she does struggle with this, and I get why), and her relationship with Cole to save millions of people, even as she continues to do everything she can to keep them. She wants to know what's true even if means loss or hurt for her. I find her really awesome to watch.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2