Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Discussion

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's fourth season. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I'm re watching right now and I'd forgotten how much I love Lincoln Potter. It was great to have someone who wanted to take down SAMCRO because just they're a violent criminal organization that should be arrested after the jittery obsession vendetta of Agent Stahl that I never really understood. Plus he was so weird and cool.

I'd also forgotten how this was the season that made me lose any shred of respect I ever had for Tara, which admittedly wasn't much to begin with. Jesus watching her turn into a full on Old Lady-bot was gross. Just hanging out earning all the money and doing all the housework and childcare, never saying anything so Jax doesn't feel like less of a man while she waits for him to grow up enough to stop being a violent thug that pimps out her skill set to the club on a whim. Just being a good old lady. Oh fuck you Tara. Accept the bed you made. At least Layla would stand up to Opie on occasion.

That's exactly why I couldn't stand her later in the seasons when she had her all of a sudden get out of Charming and get the kids away act. She didn't care at all before, she was too busy playing Jax's old lady and doing anything he asked or for the club. 

I enjoyed Lincoln Potter's quirky character as well. I was half expecting to find out he was really a cartel or IRA member.

Overall I liked season 4, but I HATED the "Romeo is with the CIA twist". It just seemed like a cheap reset button plot device employed because they couldn't write an intelligent way to resolve the story arc.