Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, Bookish Jen said:

He loves cheese! Well, he definitely needs to come to America's Dairyland, Wisconsin. I just made some cheddar, buttermilk biscuits and my cheddar baked chicken is something I'm going to make for dinner next week. And I once made a broccoli cheese soup that turned out pretty good; I'll have to make it again once it gets cold. I also make brownies with a combination of cream cheese and crème fraiche. Next on the "made with cheese" list? Cheesecake. I've never made cheesecake before, but I found a recipe that looks rather easy.

Cheesecake!  I make one every year for my husband on his birthday (his fave). Time consuming but ultimately not that difficult...  and quite rewarding.  Delish, plus people can be so darn appreciative.  ?

28 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

he has German and Swiss heritage..... I could make him a lovely homemade egg noodle/swiss cheese casserole he'd love. More chocolate and cheese than he'd know what to do with. And we know he loves cheese, it's been twittered about several times, he mentioned the &*#$%#ing cheese truck in one of those mockumentaries. He doesn't like salad, I can deal with that too. And to be honest, WHATEVER he wants, I will go out and buy and learn to cook if it makes him happy :)   (oh, relax, I do that for my husband too)  :-P and jello is apparently a favourite

jelloboy.jpg

Recipe!

I make a wonderful cheesecake (several times a year LOL) but I hate it myself. Purely for the spouse. Yes, he's spoiled. I even make a variety of sauces for him to drizzle over the cheesecake. For Matthew, I'd even make it chocolate.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, senin said:

STOOOOP please!!

Stop getting so many pictures of HIM one after another!! 

I have a lot of things to do and I'm here, just looking at the pictures.... 

I know. I can't believe I actually managed to answer a few emails and write a book review with all of the, ahem, interruptions.

2 minutes ago, normasm said:

Oh! Where's my heart medication!

I know, eh? This is one of my favourite screencaptures of him I've done. There's about ten more that I just adore, but I thought I'd start with this one.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ReidFan said:

Interrupting whatever you're doing to.........

ColdComfortScreencap.jpg

Here we go again!! 

He is goodlooking in any picture, but I find him particularly handsome in this one!!! (Can I ask where is it taken from?) 

Now I will have to drag myself away from my computer.... sigh, sigh 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, normasm said:

Stay and chat, Old Dog!

The withdrawal is harder than I thought! But what with the crap writing over the last few years, the fact that I am not the biggest fan of Prentiss, I still dislike JJ and cannot stand Garcia these days it's probably best to persevere! I hate continually being negative over a show I loved. I can watch the Reid scenes online and that will do for me. He is like a diamond shining out of the garbage!

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Droogie said:

Yes, achalasia.  Poor thing.  

Wow, I never thought that my love of Dr. Reid would lead to an epiphany, but I want to give an enormous thanks to Droogie for posting this simple piece of medical information. My esophagus have been given me problems on and off for years, but I could never figure out why, and my attempts to describe my symptoms haven't been very successful at leading to a self-diagnosis. But after a quick search of this term, I'm almost certain that I have this. I'm literally sitting here with tears of relief in my eyes for having an actual name for this problem and now I plan on getting a proper diagnosis and treatment. I can't describe how painful and scary it is to suddenly feel your food get stuck in your esophagus, and to be helpless to do anything about it until you can finally feel it drop into your stomach. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

So, many hugs to you, kind internet stranger! You changed my life today!

On topic: please keep posting hot pictures of MGG. They are always appreciated!  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

Wow, I never thought that my love of Dr. Reid would lead to an epiphany, but I want to give an enormous thanks to Droogie for posting this simple piece of medical information. My esophagus have been given me problems on and off for years, but I could never figure out why, and my attempts to describe my symptoms haven't been very successful at leading to a self-diagnosis. But after a quick search of this term, I'm almost certain that I have this. I'm literally sitting here with tears of relief in my eyes for having an actual name for this problem and now I plan on getting a proper diagnosis and treatment. I can't describe how painful and scary it is to suddenly feel your food get stuck in your esophagus, and to be helpless to do anything about it until you can finally feel it drop into your stomach. I wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Oh wow!  I've had a couple of patients recently with this and I understand it is miserable.  If in fact that's what you have, I hope you're able to get it treated quickly!  Best of luck and keep us posted!

• Love 4

Thanks! I first thought it was related to my gallbladder problems from a few years ago, which is why I didn't get it checked out specifically, but it's persisted since then, so I know now that it must be unrelated. It's so random and unpredictable that I never know when it will strike or if certain foods are triggers, which only adds to the stress. Unfortunately, I haven't experienced the "weight loss" symptom, which would have been a silver lining!

• Love 4

I can't speak for ReidFan but she could've meant that Shemar engages more often with fans on the internet, so he has a higher profile in that regard. His "Baby Girl of the Day", and all his "goofballin'" posts, etc...

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, smoker said:

@ReidFan, you posted this before " Morgan has the most profile on the net of all of them".  That means he was the most popular? I've always thought it was Reid.

no;  basicallly I mean he's the one with the most self promotion happening--he's all over Facebook, instagram, twitter, he's always self promoting-- himself with little videos etc, and his Baby Girl charity stuff. It's been a while since I've checked cause I don't follow Shemar, but he did have the most instagram and twitter followers, Matthew had the most FB followers last time I actually bothered looking. 

I think 'who is the most popular' depends almost entirely on who you ask :) Not every fan is on the Internet. And even those who are differ in amount of presence and devotion/obsession. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

no;  basicallly I mean he's the one with the most self promotion happening--he's all over Facebook, instagram, twitter, he's always self promoting-- himself with little videos etc, and his Baby Girl charity stuff. It's been a while since I've checked cause I don't follow Shemar, but he did have the most instagram and twitter followers, Matthew had the most FB followers last time I actually bothered looking. 

I think 'who is the most popular' depends almost entirely on who you ask :) Not every fan is on the Internet. And even those who are differ in amount of presence and devotion/obsession. 

I don't know about Instagram. But I do know that Matthew has more twitter follows than Shemar. And I am pretty sure Shemar has the most FB followers. In fact last I checked he had way more than any of them.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Wow, Cher, get it checked out! I hope it is something you can fix as MGG did.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

Yes, please get help. I Googled achalasia, and yikes! 

On-topic: Thanks for the pictures of Matthew; they are greatly appreciated.

• Love 1

Thanks to everyone for your concern about my health! My symptoms are fairly sporadic short-lived (I can go several months without any problems), which is partly why I've been so lazy about seeing a doctor. But now I'm motivated! If I do have achalasia, maybe I should reach out to MGG and suggest that we start an awareness campaign together. If he agrees, I shall invite all of you to our fundraising gala! It's the least I can do after enjoying so many hours of your awesome MGG discussion and pictures. : )

• Love 5
Just now, Cherpumple said:

Thanks to everyone for your concern about my health! My symptoms are fairly sporadic short-lived (I can go several months without any problems), which is partly why I've been so lazy about seeing a doctor. But now I'm motivated! If I do have achalasia, maybe I should reach out to MGG and suggest that we start an awareness campaign together. If he agrees, I shall invite all of you to our fundraising gala! It's the least I can do after enjoying so many hours of your awesome MGG discussion and pictures. : )

This would be great! Lot of people could lend their various talents to this cause.

20 minutes ago, Cherpumple said:

If I'm not mistaken, the sporadic part is typical of achalasia, and probably Matthew had had it come and go until it became so intrusive, he had to do something. He said he spent several weeks (while filming CM, no less) being unable to swallow solid food. No wonder he was so terribly thin back then.

• Love 2

I make the best pumpkin pie in the world. Every year, after Halloween, I make a bunch of pies and send them in with my hubby for all his coworkers (he's a cop). They've converted several hard core "I don't like pumpkin!" types into fans :) Even my dog likes it...and I know this because the #ratbastard critter stole an entire pie off the kitchen counter one day.

They have a secret Canadian ingredient in them. I bet Matthew would love it too. And find it easy to swallow :D

• Love 4

Secret Canadian ingredient?  Oh do tell!  I'm quite proud of the pies I turn out but I love recipes (speaking of which, don't I still have a request still hanging out to you from the other day?).  I won't fight you over best pumpkin pie if you don't fight me over best pecan.

Of course, I guess it can't be a secret ingredient if you tell, huh?  i suppose I won't try to guess then.

Interesting fact:  My daughter spent several months in Ireland recently.  She said the folks there thought our obsession with all things pumpkin-flavored was weird.  Apparently, it's not a thing there.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 1

Yes, please tell! I would love to try a new pumpkin pie recipe. As an American currently living in the UK, my options are severely limited for most kinds of pumpkin goodness, so I need to make these things myself to satisfy my cravings.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Droogie said:

Secret Canadian ingredient?  Oh do tell!  I'm quite proud of the pies I turn out but I love recipes (speaking of which, don't I still have a request still hanging out to you from the other day?).  I won't fight you over best pumpkin pie if you don't fight me over best pecan.

Of course, I guess it can't be a secret ingredient if you tell, huh?  i suppose I won't try to guess then.

Interesting fact:  My daughter spent several months in Ireland recently.  She said the folks there thought our obsession with all things pumpkin-flavored was weird.  Apparently, it's not a thing there.

I'm working on it, Droogie. It's in my mother's handwriting, in German/Swiss. I need to translate. And also from Metric to Imperial for you American Metric-disinclined types :)  I'll PM that and the pumpkin pie recipe when I have a chance.  and LOL on the 'pumpkin spice everything'  I'm not into it either. Loved the Facebook meme that had a composite photo of Everything Pumpkinspiced (Chlorox, Tampons, toothpaste etc, I laughed forever) I make pumpkin dog treats for my idiot mutt, and pumpkin pie for those who like it but that's the end of it. Cannot STAND 'pumpkin spice latte' from Starbucks or any other coffee shop :)

5 minutes ago, normasm said:

Canadian Club, perhaps?

lol. no.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

I'm working on it, Droogie. It's in my mother's handwriting, in German/Swiss. I need to translate. And also from Metric to Imperial for you American Metric-disinclined types :)  I'll PM that and the pumpkin pie recipe when I have a chance.  and LOL on the 'pumpkin spice everything'  I'm not into it either. Loved the Facebook meme that had a composite photo of Everything Pumpkinspiced (Chlorox, Tampons, toothpaste etc, I laughed forever) I make pumpkin dog treats for my idiot mutt, and pumpkin pie for those who like it but that's the end of it. Cannot STAND 'pumpkin spice latte' from Starbucks or any other coffee shop :)

Thank you!  And I saw that -- so funny!  We have a pumpkin spiced enema poster in our break room at work (what can I say, nurses are sick individuals). Your doggie prolly likes his pumpkin treats -- and its so good for dogs.  When our dog was sick (she died in March), we made her food and it included canned pumpkin. 

I'm not so down with all things pumpkin but I do love pumpkin pie, and it's my husband's absolute favorite.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 3