Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, normasm said:

It was a total accident that he hurt his eyeballs and had to forego contacts for long enough it had to be incorporated into the show...

Really? I was always under the impression it was genetic. He said something once about "inheriting" some things and one of them was "... and bad eyesight". When/how did he damage his eyes, do you know? Just curious. 

1 minute ago, normasm said:

No, Reid didn't always wear glasses. Go back to season one. 

I think they're referring to flashback Young Reid here Normasm. Like the scenes in Fisher King, Memoriam etc....

• Love 4

That's true, but the Revelations/The instincts/Memoriam little Reids didn't look like him (Matthew).

Lately, when they have had flashbacks to little Reid, it's a blond kid without glasses. Like I said, retcon for various reasons, one of which might be Matthew's preference.

Edited by normasm
I had the wrong episodes as examples

I don't know. I was so mad at Joseph Gordon-Levitt for affecting the mismatched socks and drawing attention to them several years ago when he was on the old Colbert Report. This was after he was in that movie with MGG, so I felt it came from that, and J G-L just thought it was adorable. Minor thing, I know.

• Love 1

Thanks for posting it, Reidfan. I really needed something like this, the comments, sneak peeks and other things on the Spoilers and Speculation thread  have made me really nervous and this GORGEOUS picture is exactly the medicine I needed. 

That smile!!

(It went directly into the folder "Reid's smiles!)

Edited by senin
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ReidFan said:

picture posted today... (from shooting Surface Tension)

shooting 12:11 jpg version.jpg

?

Just... wow.

Where was this posted?  I need to go like the snot out of it.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 2

I actually think I'm going to buy a dvr today. The only time I watch TV any more is for Netflix or Criminal Minds, and since everything is practically on-demand now, I never thought I needed one. Last night, we spent so much time in Spencer's home, and I was frustrated that some of the scenes weren't moving more slowly. I wanted to take in every detail, but it was all so hectic. Which was great for the episode, I'll probably watch it at least six more times just for the Reids, but I wanted to 'walk around' his apartment more. Also, did it seem smaller, more cramped than it did when Maeve died and the team came to help him clean up? It seemed very claustrophobic to me. Maybe that's what they were going for.

Anyone know of a way to just go back and watch only the Reid scenes? All I can think of is wait until they show up on youtube, but CBS is quick to take that stuff down nowadays, and CBS on-demand is sketchy and has too many commercials.

• Love 2

Finally received my invitation to watch Hot Air, having contributed to the Go Fund Me for the film a few months ago.  Money well-spent. 

Spoiler

Two naked butts, and neither of them Matthew's. :::shakes fist:::

The whole thing was expansively and beautifully filmed. Made Austin look like a place you wanted to be. Matthew was obviously outside a great deal, bc his face was tanned.

He was perfectly-cast. Hapless, deep, smart, sweet and romantic. He plays this type beautifully. Typecasting? Maybe. But bring it on.

Perfect, and I do mean perfect, chemistry with Jere Burns. This may be due to the ability of both actors, or to Matthew's innate charm (bc I've never not seen him mesh beautifully with co-stars, except perhaps Kat Dennings in Suburban Gothic but objectively I put that on her, bc I thought she was sort of stiff throughout. But Matthew and Jere were a dream team -- seriously, they could do more stuff together and it would be brilliant.)

Lovely chemistry with Schuyler Fisk as well. She's as luminous as her mother onscreen. And she and Matthew were a genuinely believable couple. There was a great kiss near the end I'd have liked to examined more closely.

Couple of plot holes -- I never quite figured out who "Kate" was until the end speech that father gave son. Or how Lesley came to be raised by his two moms -- although it was made clear his bio mom died in one of the first scenes.

A couple of tired tropes -- bio dad doesn't know bio son and rips him off financially then sees the light and makes good. But it worked. And there was the stopping the wedding at the altar, although he didn't, quite.

Never quite figured out the role Gary Cole played in Jere's life, although the pairing was effective.

Soundtrack was good, and fitting.

This overall was a lovely little movie that should see more hype and promotion but won't. I love the risks MGG takes with these things -- it's only luck that lets them see the light of day. So much trash get heavy promotion, but these indie films sink or swim on a lark. I appreciate the risks Matthew takes with these. This one was great.

Storing this in my WhyIsntMGGMoreFamous file.  I just loved it.

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 3
On 16/9/2016 at 6:02 PM, ReidFan said:

screencapture for the day, with some aurora borealis accent.....

auroraclose copy.jpg

Why do I quote such an  old post? Because I think I solved the mistery!!

I am rewatching season 11, in order, all the episodes,even if I don't like them too much. If I like it I pay attention, if I don't I just have it in the background while I do other things, ... and today this image came up in "The Night Watch". Am I right?? 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

image from "Spencer"  (under a spoiler for those who prefer)

Hide contents

xYSLIMG.jpg

Thanks Reidfan. Oh poor baby, that lone tear and his pretty scruffy face that seems marred by someone hitting it. (The side with the tear looks like he's been hit or something)

• Love 3

I realise this is a Criminal Minds forum. And this is the Spencer Reid thread. But I have just spent most of the afternoon screencapping MGG's part in "Hot Air".... OMG..... *squeeeee like a 14 year old* 

um. 

and there's Spencer

and I did a frame by frame of the 12.13 preview....Looks like Alvez has found something suspicious next to/under the bed in what looks like a pretty cheap motel room.

and there's Spencer

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 5.52.21 PM.jpg

• Love 3

ITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOWITSATVSHOW..... *shivers*

Edited by normasm
  • Love 5

yeah, for once I'm really happy to be working tonight. For four and a half hours, at least, my mind will be on making sure there are one hundred bills in each bundle of bank notes; that all the debits and credits settle; that each cashier cleans her/his till tonight. Oh, and that my son keeps me updated by text message, as to the scores of the hockey games. There will be no Spencer Reid on my thoughts until ....... oh who am I kidding! :(

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Fashionista7 said:

Am I so obsessed with MGG that I have over 9,000 pics of him, which may include repeats?

lol.... I have a 95 GB harddrive....currently, 10 GB of that is operating system etc. And 65 GB is 'Matthew Gray Gubler'. I can't even count the number of pics of him, cause the 'Screencaptures' folder alone has about 10000.....

Droogie is gonna kill me for this, but not every photo edit of Spencer is a happy one.......

BADvday1txtd.jpg

• Love 3

Well, I can't it if he's SO...DAMN...FINE!! AND JUST SO...PERFECT!!

Can you?

There's a je ne sais quoi about him.

But hey, in the words of the Backstreet Boys--which I prefers to today's "boy bands:"

What makes you different
Makes you beautiful
What's there inside you
Shines through to me
In your eyes I see all the love I'll ever need
What makes you different makes you beautiful to me.

-From their song, What Makes You Different (Makes You Beautiful).

Edited by Fashionista7
Corrections
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

lol.... I have a 95 GB harddrive....currently, 10 GB of that is operating system etc. And 65 GB is 'Matthew Gray Gubler'. I can't even count the number of pics of him, cause the 'Screencaptures' folder alone has about 10000.....

Droogie is gonna kill me for this, but not every photo edit of Spencer is a happy one.......

BADvday1txtd.jpg

Oh that poor baby.

• Love 5