Type keyword(s) to search

Spencer Reid: Gorgeous Gray Matter

• Start Topic

On 11/28/2016 at 4:43 PM, normasm said:

Actually that was his post after a long time of not posting (and after the election), he was claiming to have just woken up and asked if he missed anything, and where were his pants?

I can't believe nobody here has responded to this in a rather libertine manner.

• Love 1

good lord, he needs to be more careful!!!

from his twitter/instagram (don't worry, WhiteOwl, I did a screengrab)

jpg copy.jpg

On 11/28/2016 at 4:17 PM, Bookish Jen said:

And ornaments that are various shades of purple?

actually, the background is just one I found on the 'net. Except for choosing it, I had no say in the colours. Just that purple=Reid's favourite.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ReidFan said:

good lord, he needs to be more careful!!!

from his twitter/instagram (don't worry, WhiteOwl, I did a screengrab)

jpg copy.jpg

actually, the background is just one I found on the 'net. Except for choosing it, I had no say in the colours. Just that purple=Reid's favourite.

Sheesh. He needs to wear permanent kneepads or something. I thought I was accident prone! 

Edited by autumnmountains
  • Love 1

Has anyone checked Matthew's instagram/twitter today? 

That picture is giving me a really weird feeling!! Not that I don't like it, buuut.... 

Just Matthew's very particular sense of humour or something else??

I don't know how to "bring" it here, sorry, if someone is so kind as to do it for me. 

I knew I could count on you, Reidfan!!

Yes, this one. They look so young and handsome!!

But, Matthew is the only one left of the group, and when I saw it... I don't know how to explain it, but I just don't like the feeling I got. In fact, I can't make myself type the first thought that came into my mind. 

On a different topic. Tomorrow I will be getting a re-run of a favourite S11 episode? Guess which one?? Entropy!!!

• Love 4
On November 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Bookish Jen said:

Just now, normasm said:
On November 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Bookish Jen said:

Makes sense. Uh, this response window is giving me problems. It puts a quote window in that I didn't include.. Anybody else having problems?

On December 4, 2016 at 2:05 AM, qwerty said:

When I read your comment I thought something like if Maeve was actually a male (not as in, lied about being a girl, but the character was planned to be a guy) Reid wouldn't care because it's what's on the inside? Wow, you're right. It's so hard to explain. Like, Reid would have fallen in love with the person anyway regardless of their sex/gender. Is that what you were getting at?

I wonder if it would work like that, or if he would just not write letters in the same way to a male. 

Breen Frazier said on a twitter chat regarding the Maeve storyline " well he would have to go to someone who was his intellectual equal. And because we don't play a lot of female energy or sexual tension with Reid, what if it's a woman?"

So, according to the writers it was important that she was a woman, but of course everyone has their own interpretation. When he mentioned "intellectual equal" Frazier was saying it in reference to curing Reid's headaches. I guess intellectual stimulation/companionship can cure headaches on this show? lol

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
  • Love 2
On 11/19/2016 at 9:00 PM, Haleysgalaxy said:

When I posted that huge diatribe, I was operating on zero sleep and only slightly more brain cells.  I'll try to be succinct: I think it's pretty evident that Reid likes girls, and pretty ones definitely turn his head.  I don't know if the telephone dalliance with Maeve would've gone off into romantic territory had she been a man.  I was more or less thinking that Reid might not balk at a realization that he was in love with someone who happened to be a man, not that he'd necessarily set out to start a relationship with one.  This is perhaps the start of a bad fan fiction and doesn't make much sense in the cold light of day.  I think I'm going to have to content myself with the fact that I know what I mean...

Now, absenting my hate about Zugzwang and everything associated with it, and having acknowledged that Reid appreciates a pretty girl, I don't think he fancied himself in love with Maeve just because she paid attention to him.  I think they forged a genuine connection, the kind that would be important to Reid.  He would have to connect mentally with someone to feel attracted to them, I think (Lila doesn't count.  If that been pursued by either party, I think Reid would've lost interest in about five minutes.).  His attraction to Dorian Loker was a kind of cementing of this idea -- she wasn't "Hollywood pretty" but in fact was a regular woman, but he saw something special that made him want to spend more time with her -- he saw it with the eyes of his heart, which I think is how Spencer sees everyone, and that's one of the reasons I adore him so.  

(Certainly not romantic, but remember in S9: "Is that your feces?" I crack up whenever I think about it.  You could almost hear the disgust on Morgan's face but Reid sat right down on that bed -- can you imagine? -- and was genuinely interested in the man's surroundings.  Would he want to hang out and be besties?  Maybe not, but there wasn't one whit of judgment.  You can see it on his face and hear it in his voice.)

Edited by Droogie
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, qwerty said:

Ah, I forgot about the whole Reid reaching out to her because of his headaches.  

I agree, that line was too sweet for him, but he was being pathetic/embarrasing in the whole episode so the line didn't seem completely out of place.

When I wrote my other comment it was with his other statement in mind that he met Maeve because she wrote him a compliment (he wrote her one? I forget which) and maybe he wouldn't reply in a way that it would turn into something more if he was corresponding with a male. 

I think Frazier was referring to the whole Maeve storyline in general with his comment, including how they initially met, so according to Frazier, no. He responded with a much longer comment and I only wrote an excerpt of it down. Maybe if Maeve was male she would've become the next Ethan. ( Which I know plenty of people think something was going on between them, lol)

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 3:42 PM, normasm said:

Makes sense. Uh, this response window is giving me problems. It puts a quote window in that I didn't include.. Anybody else having problems?

It happens to me all the time. I finally had to PM thewhiteowl and ask if there was anything I could do about it.

On 2016-12-04 at 1:37 AM, Haleysgalaxy said:

As a probable 31 year old virgin(?) I guess he had no room to be picky about looks lol.

I could not disagree with this (or the sentiment behind it) more. A person always 'has room' (and always should have room) to be as picky about who they sleep with as they want.

• Love 5

If all of you would allow me to self-indulgent, let me share why I think Spencer's love life might be less than ideal through my POV. Let's say I meet a real life Spencer, (yea, I wish) or I was a character on the show. I would see this truly beautiful man with his high IQ, impressive education, countless degrees and very important career and just assume he has a girlfriend or has women constantly coming onto him (and not just hookers). Plus, due to my crippling self-esteem when it comes to my plain jane looks, my lowly BA and my less than impressive job, I would also assume a guy like Spencer wouldn't give me the time of day, let alone want to go on a date with me. I would figure it's a lost cause, and I think a lot of women might think this way, which could be one of the reasons for Spencer's less than stellar romantic history. He's too damn intimidating!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

If all of you would allow me to self-indulgent, let me share why I think Spencer's love life might be less than ideal through my POV. Let's say I meet a real life Spencer, (yea, I wish) or I was a character on the show. I would see this truly beautiful man with his high IQ, impressive education, countless degrees and very important career and just assume he has a girlfriend or has women constantly coming onto him (and not just hookers). Plus, due to my crippling self-esteem when it comes to my plain jane looks, my lowly BA and my less than impressive job, I would also assume a guy like Spencer wouldn't give me the time of day, let alone want to go on a date with me. I would figure it's a lost cause, and I think a lot of women might think this way, which could be one of the reasons for Spencer's less than stellar romantic history. He's too damn intimidating!

I can totally see where you are coming from. It is just too bad the show itself doesn't have a similar point of view. It is not that I want them to turn Reid into some sort of sex symbol (even if he is sexiest of them all) IMO it wouldn't be very befitting for the character. Plus I am not sure if Matthew would be all that comfortable with it. On the other hand I didn't like it one bit when there were times they seemed to imply Reid didn't have much going for him when it came to the looks department, at least that was the way I had interpreted it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, secnarf said:

I could not disagree with this (or the sentiment behind it) more. A person always 'has room' (and always should have room) to be as picky about who they sleep with as they want.

Whoops, I totally agree with what your saying. I really meant that by that point in Reid's life I think he would prefer a truly compatible life partner/companion rather than somebody he was merely just attracted to. By mentioning his virgin status I was trying to imply how he has never had a romantic/very close relationship  before and was probably lonely.  But I do realize that by the words I used I made it seem like people who haven't had many romantic/sexual expereinces would cling to the first person who was receptive to them, which is a message I would never want to endorse. But I realize that by poor word choice I did. Sorry!

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
  • Love 3

This picture reminded me of one of JMO's stories, one of the sweetest scenes in it!! 

And I also like the sweater, but I'm feeling generous, both of you can keep it...if I get to keep what is underneath it!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, senin said:

And I also like the sweater, but I'm feeling generous, both of you can keep it...if I get to keep what is underneath it!!

see, you misunderstood my post, Senin. I only want the sweater if HE comes with it.....

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, senin said:

I wonder what you understood!!

No, leave it, I don't want to know!!

Accidentally wrote something weird and decided to delete it. No big deal. But seriously, I am a fan of the sweater Matthew is sporting there. It has a retro-vibe I like.

• Love 1

Here's a cute holiday gift idea sent to all Gubler-pals (too pricey for my blood, tho): 

Happy Holidays Gubler-Pal!

Before it's officially announced, Matthew wanted you to be the first to know about the new limited edition holiday sweatshirt he has designed to help raise money for the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation.

It's warm, cozy, and even looks great on garden gnomes! (pictured below)

TQXjxSk.jpg

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Franky said:

Here's a cute holiday gift idea sent to all Gubler-pals (too pricey for my blood, tho): 

Happy Holidays Gubler-Pal!

Before it's officially announced, Matthew wanted you to be the first to know about the new limited edition holiday sweatshirt he has designed to help raise money for the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation.

It's warm, cozy, and even looks great on garden gnomes! (pictured below)

TQXjxSk.jpg

It's cute. I wish I was a sweatshirt kind of gal. I do wish Matthew would shrink down some of his drawings to make little charms so I can make a charm bracelet out of them. How cute would that be?

• Love 2

oh geezez..... CM related FB and some other sm is exploding with fears that Matthew's leaving the show. They'd do themselves a favour and quell those fears with a well timed post......

(doing my Christmas tree today, so detailed screencapping's gonna have to wait)

screencapjpg1.jpg

screencapjpg2.jpg

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

oh geezez..... CM related FB and some other sm is exploding with fears that Matthew's leaving the show. They'd do themselves a favour and quell those fears with a well timed post......

(doing my Christmas tree today, so detailed screencapping's gonna have to wait)

screencapjpg1.jpg

screencapjpg2.jpg

I'm sure if Matthew was leaving he'd let us know unless the powers that be put a kibosh on it.

1 hour ago, normasm said:

I'm not so sure he'd let us know, unless it was veiled warnings like Shemar gave, and that doesn't seem to be Matthew's style. I don't think TPTB would want him to say anything.

Yea, I can't imagine Matthew putting out passive aggressive Hallmark card-like allusions to the possibility of leaving. Most likely the TPTB would want him to keep silent until the very last moment. And I seriously doubt Matthew would want to burn any bridges. 

Still, you can't convince me that Matthew isn't a wee bit less than thrilled about the past few seasons and how Reid is being written. He may not vent via social media or act like an ass on the set, but maybe he blows off some steam to his family and friends about certain frustrations he has with both the show and Reid's characterization. 

Or maybe he doesn't give a shit as long as the check clears.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, ReidFan said:

Purple&GoldXmas.jpg

Damn it all to hell. Why is Matthew so damn pretty? #Ratbastard

Anyway, after watching Scarecrow I was thinking about Spencer and how he has so much on his plate regarding both his career and his mother and how it is affecting him. I think it's great  the members of the BAU give him support and are empathetic to his plight; they're great co-workers. But it is also times like this I truly wish he had a lady love he could come home to, or at least a nice lady friend who could offer him some much needed kindness and compassion (and maybe a home-cooked meal).

It's sad how people who need the most shelter are often left out in the rain.

Edited by Bookish Jen
  • Love 3
On 12/14/2016 at 6:29 PM, ReidFan said:

I have 'The Twelve Days of (Matthew) Christmas' to post, and I realised I started late.... shoulda started yesterday so I've got an extra one now. Two on Christmas Day?

I can't wait to see this. I bet it's a lot of fun. There is so many silly directions you can go with "The Twelve Days of (Matthew) Christmas" considering Matthew is, well, you know, Matthew.

Edited by Bookish Jen