Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: In the Courtroom

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

I was trying to come up with one based on the fake tech companies from Good Wife, but none seemed to apply. Was FaceBranch a facebook clone?

I misunderstood. I actually like BP but likely won't watch because the show will apparently be broadcast on a separate pay cable or online channel after its initial premier on network CBS and I already pay for enough TV. 

I'm bringing this over from the spinoff thread because I'd be interested to know what others think.  There have been several discussions about this on TVLine.  The prevailing thought (which I agree with) is this: People are OK with paying Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu because they get a lot of content for that price.  However, there are many (including myself) who will not be paying to see this series.  I'm being punished by a broadcast network for watching a broadcast network.  I have Netflix and Amazon.  If CBS wanted to charge me $3 to see an extended cut of The Good Fight that was different from the broadcast version, I'd consider that.  However, I'm not going to help create a precedent where ABC starts charging $9, NBC $9, Fox $9, and on and on for each network.  No way, so as harsh as this might sound, I hope this experiment fails, because it will cost every consumer dearly if it succeeds.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2

That pretty much seems to be the feeling on at least another site whenever this show comes up.  People think it looks interesting but are not willing to pay to watch CBS All Access.  The new Star Trek is being done this way also and people seem to really be struggling with whether or not they want to do the All Access no matter how much they like Star Trek.

It'll be interesting to see how well The Good Fight does once it starts airing.  I wonder what CBS will do if it looks like people aren't signing up to watch the show?

I don't watch a ton of TV, and in recent years, TGW was literally the only CBS show I watched (and like a lot of us, by the final season I was hate-watching my way to the end). I haven't had cable for years, and there have been a few shows on basic cable channels that don't provide streaming access (like FX and AMC) that I was willing to buy a season of on Amazon or iTunes so I could watch as it aired (and then own). I would never buy a streaming service (especially at $10/month) for just one or two shows, even if they're high quality. And of course, we have no idea whether the spinoff will be on par with the first two seasons of TGW, or the last two.