Type keyword(s) to search

"M-ld-r, -t's m-": The X-Files Hangman Game

You recognize it after 3 letters? I must have made it too easy :)

--. -----. ---- -t t--s. ---s t--t ---- ---- b---- t- ---?
--s, ----s ---- -t.
---t -s t--t? N--t t- -t. -s t--t, --… -- --… ---. -s t--t b---n? -s t--t b---n --tt-- t----?
N-, -’- s-- t--t’s ----n- b---.

Irresistible: T, N, S, B
Orison:

No, I just tend to have a freakish talent for this sort of thing -- if the quote is at least moderately familiar to me, I only have to figure out a few words of the puzzle before my mind fills in around it.  Here, it worked this way: I knew what N--t had to be, so the rest of that short sentence easily followed from that.  Then I went backwards, to the question that immediately precedes it, and that filled itself in easily because it's the only thing that would fit the spaces and make sense as a precursor to that sentence.  The final sentence of the quote had to be

"No, I'd say that's (something)"

.  Moving back up, the ellipses meant a halting question, so the person asking was either excited or freaked out.  I figured out what --tt-- was, and that did it - the general conversation popped into my head.  But since it's not an episode I watch often, there are quite a few words I still need to figure out.

Heh; I forgot to pick another letter after all that -- R

Edited by Bastet

-h. H----. ---- -t th-s. ---s th-t ---- ---- b---- t- ---?
--s, ----s ---- -t.
-h-t -s th-t? N--t t- -t. -s th-t, -h… -h --… --h. -s th-t br--n? -s t--t br--n --tt-r th-r-?
N-, -’- s-- th-t’s -r--n- b---.

Irresistible: T, N, S, B, R, H
Orison:

-h. H-ll-. L--- -t th-s. ---s th-t l--- l--- b---- t- ---?
--s, l---s l--- -t.
-h-t -s th-t? N--t t- -t. -s th-t, -h… -h --… --h. -s th-t br--n? -s t--t br--n --tt-r th-r-?
N-, -’- s-- th-t’s -r--n- b---.

Irresistible: T, N, S, B, R, H, L
Orison:

Oops! Thanks for catching it.

Oh. H-llo. Loo- -t th-s. -o-s th-t loo- l--- bloo- to -o-?
--s, loo-s l--- -t.
-h-t -s th-t? N--t to -t. -s th-t, -h… oh --… --h. -s th-t br--n? -s t--t br--n --tt-r th-r-?
No, -’- s-- th-t’s -ro-n- b---.

Irresistible: T, N, S, B, R, H, L, O
Orison:

lol, yeah it can be pretty tricky transcribing sputtering.

Oh. H-llo. Loo- -t th-s. -o-s th-t loo- l--- bloo- to yo-?
Y-s, loo-s l--- -t.
-h-t -s th-t? N--t to -t. -s th-t, -h… oh -y… -gh. -s th-t br--n? -s t--t br--n --tt-r th-r-?
No, -’- s-y th-t’s gro-n- b---.

Irresistible: T, N, S, B, R, H, L, O, G, Y
Orison:

Aha -- it's an ugh.  :-)

Oh. Hello. Look at this. Does that look like blood to you?

Yes, looks like it.
What is that? Next to it. Is that, uh ... oh my ... ugh. Is that brain? Is that brain matter there?

No, I'd say that's ground beef.

I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow and much of Monday, so if someone else would like to put up the next puzzle, feel free.

--- -- --'- ----, ---- ---- --- -- - ------- -----------.  --'- --- -------- --- ------.

-- -- ---?  ---'-- -- ------- -- ---- -----.  ---- - --- --- - ----- -- --- ----- -------- -------.

- ----.  ---- -- - ------.

-- ---- -- --- ------- -- --- ------?  ------------ ------, ------, ---.  ------- --- --------- ----------.

--t -- -t'- t---, t--- t--- --- -- - --l---- -----------.  --'- t-- -lt---t- --- -----t.

-- -- ---?  ---'-- --t ---t--- -- --t- -----.  --t- - --- --- - ----- -- t-- --t-l ------t- ----t--.

- ----.  T--- -- - ----l-.

-- ---t -- --- -----l- -- t-- --ll--?  ----t------t- -----t, -----t, ---.  ------- --t --t----l- -tt---t---.

Bill Scully Sr: T, L

Bill Scully Jr:

--t -- -t'- t---, th-- th-- --y -- - --l---- --h--------.  H-'- th- -lt---t- --- -----t.

H- -- -h-?  Y--'-- --t ---t--- -- --th -----.  --th - --- --- - ----- -- th- h-t-l ------ty ----t--.

- ----.  Th-- -- - ----l-.

-- -h-t -- --- -----l- -- t-- --ll--?  ----t------t- h---ht, ----ht, ---.  ------- --t --t----ly -tt---t---.

Bill Scully Sr: T, L, Y, H

Bill Scully Jr:

--t -- -t'- t---, th-n th-- --y -- - w-l--g- --h--------.  H-'- th- -lt---t- --- ---n-t.

H- -- -h-?  Y--'-- --t ---t--- -- --th -----.  --th - --n -n- - w---n -n th- h-t-l ------ty --n-t--.

- -n-w.  Th-- -- - ----l-.

-- Wh-t -- --- -----l- -- t-- --ll--?  -n--t----n-t- h---ht, w---ht, ---.  -n----- --t --t----ly -tt---t---.

Bill Scully Sr: T, L, Y, H, N, W

Bill Scully Jr:

Nope!  I take that back, I've got it....

MULDER: I don't know. But if it's true, then this guy is a walking aphrodysiac. He's the ultimate sex magnet.

SCULLY: He or she? You've got victims of both sexes. Both a man and a woman on the hotel security monitor.

MULDER: I know. That is a puzzle.

SCULLY: So what is our profile of the killer? Indeterminate height, weight, sex. Unarmed but extremely attractive.

Edited by Taryn74

That line always makes me do a double-take, and it's a good thing Scully adds in that the footage of the killer leaving the victims' rooms shows a man sometimes and a woman others, because at first when it's just "We're so confused, because these are sex crimes but we have both male and female victims, so what gender is our perp?" I'm saying to the TV, "Um, have you ever heard of bisexuality?"

Anyway ...

A

• Love 1

Hee!

How was the wedding?

You mean the part where the groom passed out or the dog bit the drummer?

Did you catch the bouquet?

Maybe.

If someone else wants to put one up, feel free.  I'm happy to do it, but won't be around much this weekend, so the game will move faster with someone else's puzzle.

• Love 1