Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Prison Ball

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

Following the death of a 10-year old girl the intelligence unit have one option to gain access to their suspect, go on the inside. Ruzek and Atwater act as inmates to work the case from the inside. Outside prison, Voight and Olinsky follow-up on a good lead to answer some questions about the shooting. Meanwhile, Burgess and Roman show three boys around district thinking they are part of the Police Explorers program, only to realize that’s not quite the case.

Okay, so it's not on for two weeks, but this way, it's up, and I won't forget later!  :-)

I thought the actor playing Atwater (sorry, don't know his name) was great. He turned the "hood" talk on and off. At one point when he was outside the baddie's cell, i didn't understand one thing he said! But i sure did at the end when he told him "Damn right i'm a cop and I'm arresting you for ordering a hit on a little girl." I like his dynamic w his sister, too. Do we know if it's just the two of them? I thought once in saw a little boy. but i could be making that up. I wonder if his dad is still in prison.

I still can't warm up to Platt. Sometimes she's mean just to be mean.

I laughed out loud when Olinsky knocked the car off its jack onto the suspect. hee!

I almost want to see Erin take the new job - then she and Halstead can date!

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 5

Great episode. Probably my favourite one so far so I'm disappointed the ratings were at a low. The show tends to be too case of the week focused at times and I think this is where they lose their audience. Last nights episode was the perfect blend of case of the week along with the casts personal relationships and issues.

It was great to see Atwater finally get some focus. LaRoyce Hawkins has been so underused since the show began and finally he got a chance to show off some impressive acting chops. Atwater as well hasn't done a whole lot this season so seeing him and Atwater not only work together but be a great pairing was a wonderful surprise.

Also really starting to like Roman. It's nice to finally see a cop who's so proud of his work and not always trying to get into Intelligence.

I wonder what will happen that makes Lindsey decide against the task force as there's no way Sophia Bush will be leaving this show.

Next week looks amazing...

• Love 2

This ep was even better than the last 1. I really enjoy this show and hope it lasts.

I liked the opening where you see that Burgess and Atwater are still tight and hang together. They both had scenes with the little girl that were so cute. Sophia Bush "ain't" going no where. Don't know where this storyline is headed, but Lindsey will be on this show as long as it's around. Roman is starting to grow on me, but I still reserve judgement. Although I do think he is a good partner to, and for Burges. Still love Platt. And there is nothing better than any scenes between Voight and Olinsky. One of the best bromances on tv right now. Jason Beghe continues to impress, and is seriously sexy.

I thought the actor playing Atwater (sorry, don't know his name) was great. He turned the "hood" talk on and off. At one point when he was outside the baddie's cell, i didn't understand one thing he said! But i sure did at the end when he told him "Damn right i'm a cop and I'm arresting you for ordering a hit on a little girl.

It's funny that you mention not knowing the actors name that plays Atwater. I had never paid attention to it either. I was also never very impressed by either before. Well I looked up the actors name last night while tweeting about the show. 'Cuz LaRoyce Hawkins, and Atwater, both threw down. You are so right. He was great. I never noticed before how large he was, or what a great actor, when given an opportunity, he could be.

I too loved how he could turn on and off his "street knowledge". Don't want to speak for all African Americans, but I think it's a safe bet that a lot of them have learned to modulate both their voices and language depending on the situation. Atwater strutted around that prison w/the homeboys, looking like the Green Mile. But then when alone w/Ruzek or Antonio, you could almost see him physically "get smaller, and stand a little straighter", all at the same time. If you know what I mean??? Now that's some acting for your ass. Lol!. My favorite part, and tweeted it, was at the end, when he said, "yeah you punk ass bitch". That got a cheer, and a giggle at my house.

Great episode. Probably my favourite one so far so I'm disappointed the ratings were at a low. The show tends to be too case of the week focused at times and I think this is where they lose their audience. Last nights episode was the perfect blend of case of the week along with the casts personal relationships and issues.

It was great to see Atwater finally get some focus. LaRoyce Hawkins has been so underused since the show began and finally he got a chance to show off some impressive acting chops. Atwater as well hasn't done a whole lot this season so seeing him and Atwater not only work together but be a great pairing was a wonderful surprise.

Next week looks amazing...

All of this...cosigned.

I tweeted that SVU and Liv better watch their asses b/c they have no idea what they are dealing with when it comes to Voight.

• Love 4

The prison storyline was a bit contrived, sure, and we've all seen it before, but it still worked.  A bit laughable however when Antonio walked up to the fence and Atwater just kind of moseyed on backwards, as if nobody else in the prison yard noticed.  And I thought that Voight said the warden knew that Antonio was in the prison undercover?  Somebody in official capacity at the prison knew that Voight's guys were there undercover,right?

When Voight and Olinsky confronted that fat slow schlub at the junkyard, why did he try to run away from them flat out in the open?  The suspect said "wait here, I'll ask the manager", then Voight and Olinsky were having a conversation, then we see the slow footed guy run across the platform.  Why wouldn't he have gone back into the office or whatever, and then maybe exit through a backdoor or the window?  Seemed like he could have tried to get away by going behind the building/junk and not try to run away from them right in front of their face.

I don't really care for the new punk cop (Roman?) that is paired with Burgess.  Seems like he's a beat cop with a chip on his shoulder because he wants to make it to detective.

Sophia Bush is the reason I watch.  Dang hot.  If she leaves, I think I may stop watching...

I don't really care for the new punk cop (Roman?) that is paired with Burgess. Seems like he's a beat cop with a chip on his shoulder because he wants to make it to detective.

I don't think he does want to make detective though. That's what i find refreshing about him. Burgess acts like being a beat cop is an annoying pit stop she has to make before she makes it to the big leagues whereas Roman actually believes what he's doing matters and seems quite happy to stay in his current position.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1