Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Wedge

maraleia

When Shelly's husband Ed goes missing, Sarah, Josh and Ali set out to find him, and instead find themselves lost in their past. Ali can no longer keep Maura's secret from Josh, which sends him into a tailspin. When Maura runs into a Pfefferman family friend she takes a stand for her new identity.

The actors really have that realistic sibling vibe down. Sarah and Josh draping themselves across a boat while Ali frantically searches for Ed came across as such a real situation emotionally - the older siblings came along because they knew they had to but they were dragging their feet about actually doing anything. It's funny to see them regress back to the childhood versions of themselves when they are around each other.

That poor rabbi, walking right into a very messy situation. Awkward!

I really like seeing Maura's attempts at dignity in contrast to the escapades of her children. Shelley is almost as big of a mess as her kids. Cracked up at her conversation with the Rabbi -- and her attempt to push Josh at her. I was waiting for Josh to bring a real estate agent in to talk about the house which is the big cash cow in the family. At least Ali went to search for Ed; the other two were a waste - literally.

I really identified with Ali this episode. It was heartbreaking how literally nobody but her gave a fuck about a missing person.

I probably have too many feelings.

• Love 1