Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: A Little Night Music

I'm sorry but it has to be said: Paige is the worst!

Although, if I take a step back, her little brother exists solely to make 80s references as far as I can tell. I can't even remember his name.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but it has to be said: Paige is the worst!

Although, if I take a step back, her little brother exists solely to make 80s references as far as I can tell. I can't even remember his name.

I actually don't mind Paige, but maybe that's because my best point of comparison is Dana Brody. And well... Paige may be a problematic character, but she's no Dana Brody. 

If they don't eventually get Henry his Intellivision, I am going to riot.  Capitalism be damned - I just want to see the look on Elizabeth's face when she sees Henry playing Lock n Chase.  Envision her head exploding as she sees her son, playing the part of the greedy thief, stealing and doing what he can to thwart the agents of the state?

• Love 1
(edited)

I loved the "Our kid is going to church!" in the same tone that others might say "Our kid is on drugs!" (which given I think they even mentioned the Marx "Opium of the People" quote, makes sense), though I'm not sure how well that fits with their "All American Family" cover.

Also, nice to see a seduction where Elizabeth got to keep all her clothes on. Not because I'm averse to seeing Keri Russell naked (hell, I'm as shallow as the next man!), but because it seems doubtful that sex is the only means the KGB has of co-opting people. Nice to know too that "Granny" is concerned over their well being (probably) as no matter how much the suspicions/beatings may hurt, they are both on the same side in general terms and that she really wants to know who killed her other charges.

I'm guessing Philip is trying to dump Martha as she is less useful if she's leaving her current job, though presumably there's some use in keeping her as an asset. Then again, if I was married to Martha, I'd be wanting out, too!

Also love the realistic touches like the "Catch me, Fuck me" nature of working in government (particularly in espionage, I would say) - it's not about who's guilty, but who makes a suitable fall guy. So I feel slightly sorry for Gaad, even if the guy was a fascist.

Edited by John Potts

I'm sure Philip can't help but dream of the day he never has to go over to Martha's again. That said, I think the "fight" was completely manufactored to get out of the lazy morning so he could go be a spy. Philip must spend all his time annoyed to be there, but if he's made it this far pretending he's in love with her, he wouldn't lose it just over her being annoying--she's always been that way!

Justice, dignity, baseball.......The American Dream.  

Paige still being too complicated with her lies.   Just say "out."  Geez when honest people try to lie.   Still only Paige would sneak out an end up at Church.  Ahhh...who am I kidding I cut school all the time and went to the library.  I was a horrible liar too.   However her passive aggressive teenage rebellion was hilarious and so was her parent's reaction to it.  Honestly I thought the scene in the car with Elizabeth raging against religion was the best part of an otherwise lackluster episode.  

Stan explaining killing people to Philip was great though.  Plus the affair and marriage talk.  

Ok I thought Elizabeth getting all her frustration out on that dude at the end was a nice touch.