Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Gary Anthony Williams

• Start Topic

Intros: Wayne--Mogul Champ, Gary--Super G, Colin--Bunny Slope, and Ryan--Avalanche.

Games: Let's Make A Date, Movie Dubbing, What's In The Bag?, World's Worst, and Greatest Hits.

It was a fun half hour, but then again, I really enjoy Gary.

Let's Make a Date was the usual inanity. Wayne as Frankenstein's Monster was fun. I liked Gary's lines : "I like crustaceans; what do you like in a shell?" and "Bachelor Number 3? Purple. And you?" 

Film Dub was better than the last time, but then the scene was a teensy bit more dynamic.

What's In The Bag?  Why our guys are surprised that handcuffs show up once in a blue moon, I'll never know.  The tassel was festive and unexpected too. I liked the "Marco" "Polo?" exchange.  Wayne was super in his role; the best impression of that I've seen a guy do.

World's Worst was fun, even with some of the more uncomfortable bits (like the baby-kisser).

Greatest Hits, as almost always, was a highlight. The first of the  "Songs of the Spa" was great! While I could quibble that Gary didn't sound too much like the named singer, I like Gary's voice, so I didn't care in the end.

I good episode for repeats, I think. Very enjoyable.

It was definitely a good half hour (or 22 minutes), all the more so for not having a guest star.

Onr thing, though. Did the woman on the left whose bag was used in What's In the Bag, seem completely out of it? I also wonder if women going to the taping are beginning to bring weird things, or or also planning on attending "Let's Make Deal." Because handcuffs seem a bit random to just be walking around with in one's purse.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2

Heh. Yeah you're right, it's like they thought they were going to Let's Make a Deal. I was wondering if they're somehow told beforehand to have interesting stuff in their purse (I don't know how that would happen) or if they just anticipated it. I was also wondering if the show plants stuff in there. In either case, I don't like it. 

But it was a pretty good show. I think Wayne was the strongest player this ep. I loved when he brought the woman down in LMAD and had to prompt her with, "Use your imagination." Then his Eartha Kitt was great. And in Greatest Hits, I loved his South Park characters singing and the swing song. He's so damn talented.

I like Gary, too. Like, not love, though I thought he had great lines in LMAD.

• Love 1

No guest, no helping hands: A+ episode.  Really nice to see Film Dub get a turn.

I too wonder about What's in the Bag.  You need two women will full handbags, sitting next to each other, willing to get them rifled through on national television.  And then odd items on top of that?  Call it a lucky find, even granting that the WL audience is more willing to participate than most.  (Although perhaps they're not, given how Wayne needed to prompt his "volunteer".)

• Love 2

It was definitely a good half hour (or 22 minutes), all the more so for not having a guest star.

Onr thing, though. Did the woman on the left whose bag was used in What's In the Bag, seem completely out of it? I also wonder if women going to the taping are beginning to bring weird things, or or also planning on attending "Let's Make Deal." Because handcuffs seem a bit random to just be walking around with in one's purse.

She was wearing a handcuff necklace. It probably tipped off the producers that she might have interesting goodies in her bag.