Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E02: Buzz Kill

Nick:  "Let's hope you didn't get your whole family killed."  Geez, that's cold.  Way to lay on the guilt, Nick.

Fin really likes to go first-class, doesn't she?  To get a hotel room with a view like that, she'd have to shell out mega-bucks.

Anyway, fair episode.  Was that Richard Speight (Gabriel in Supernatural ) as the shop owner/father?

• Love 1

Nick:  "Let's hope you didn't get your whole family killed."  Geez, that's cold.  Way to lay on the guilt, Nick

I know!  When I heard him say that, I thought 'whoa, that was cold'.  (great minds?)

I enjoyed the episode mainly because there was a lot of the 'old gang' and very little of Finn (although I can see that with this arc, there will be Finn-centric episodes coming up soon).  I didn't get the twist of the wife being guilty, although I wasn't exactly sure who it was going to be. 

• Love 1

OK, but...did I miss the motive?! Why did the wife do it? How did she know the kid who helped her? Why did she kill him? As the scene played out I was thinking unhappy marriage, affair, crazy scheme, etc. But then it was just over! I liked the twist but, really, did I miss something?! I've watched this show since the beginning but I feel like in the last few seasons this whole glossing over of the end has gotten really bad. So often in like, OK, I didn't expect that, so cool, but...WHY?!

And, yup, Nick was stone cold with his comment to the dad! I get it, the guy was dumb, he should have trusted the police, but people do crazy things when they are under that much stress. Have a little compassion there, Nick!

• Love 1

Julie Finley headed to Seattle to get more info. on the case from last week. Trying to figure out about The Gig Harbor/Briscoe/Winthrop case. You know something will happen. But both for some reason are in Vegas??

COTW Kidnapping pot house family for ransom. Nick Stokes definitely was not into the legal sales of Pot. I first suspected Lloyd Bryant the owner. Even the Inept Security Guard was on my list. I did early to suspect the kidnapped wife Dina. Because other then SVU, most of times they are suspects. "I don't love him anymore, he has money I can't touch". That kind of motive. Remi Volero the bookie was a suspect also. It was kind of a twisted story line which is good, and even Allison had gotten help from Calvin Reynolds. To twist it more. But Dina said Stuart put her up to it and she tried to bribe D.B. Russell to let it all go. Sarah stated at one time,"Codus for Cannibus".

I did not really expect Allison Ball's(the woman shot trying to get the ransom)brother, Stuart for a while. But he was a numbers runner in past and Volero had given them the gun. But then he was gone.

I have to say I initially wondered if the woman who "Held Up" the cannabis store (which is a plot in a previous CSI, in fact) - until she got shot. Of course, I was right in that it was an inside job (which was obvious when they "rescued" the family - she was unrestrained and the kids were watching cartoons!), but that only raises other questions - weren't the couple essentially robbing their own shop? OK, possibly they were only part owners of the shop and/or they could claim on the insurance so it wasn't entirely their own money, it just seems like a convoluted way to run a scam.

miles2go Fin really likes to go first-class, doesn't she?  To get a hotel room with a view like that, she'd have to shell out mega-bucks.

Plus her whole conversation with DB really had me rolling my eyes "Hey - this personal quest has only caused me to get kidnapped once so far - how much more trouble can I get into?"