Type keyword(s) to search

Tim Gunn: Your Fabulous Gay Uncle

A version of this show focusing on him is a good idea, I think.  Not so sure about the "mentoring mentors in how to mentor" thing yet, but I'm always happy for more Tim Gunn on my TV.  I want him to come to my house and tell me what to wear each morning.

I'm wondering how seeing a side of Tim PR viewers hadn't seen much of will affect watching earlier PR seasons. Specifically, I'm thinking about designers that Tim clearly disliked. Back in the day, viewers might have thought "well, if Tim Gunn dislikes him/her, he/she must be awful." But will seeing how petty Tim can be cause viewers (or re-viewers) to consider things from the disliked designer's POV?

That's a good question. There have been times - especially in more recent seasons - where I've questioned Tim's advice to the designers. In a few situations, a designer has gone home after following his advice or been in the top three after ignoring him.

Is he losing his touch as a design expert?

I'm wondering how seeing a side of Tim PR viewers hadn't seen much of will affect watching earlier PR seasons. Specifically, I'm thinking about designers that Tim clearly disliked. Back in the day, viewers might have thought "well, if Tim Gunn dislikes him/her, he/she must be awful." But will seeing how petty Tim can be cause viewers (or re-viewers) to consider things from the disliked designer's POV?

Great point! Actually I'm starting to feel this way about Gretchen. I admit, I don't like her attitude toward Michael Costello, but she wasn't outright rude to him the way Mondo was. Mondo was Tim's pet - after the shoe, Tim said he should have won the finale, but they gave the win to Gretchen because she needed the money. At the time, I respected Tim Gunn and agreed, but now I'm started to look at things differently. I don't think she's half the villain that Tim made her out to be.