Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Past Seasons Disscussion

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, sara416 said:

On another note, watching these early seasons makes me remember that I though of all people,   Chelsea was the last one I would expect to get her life together as much as she did. 

I’m not surprised Chelsea turned out “stable”- her attachment to an abusive boyfriend was her biggest road block. Her second was lack of educational or career goals. But she did always have a good relationship with her parents and took being Aubrey’s mother and caregiver seriously. 

Her luckiest point was not having a SECOND baby by Adam, which I think would’ve made it harder to let him go. The TM2 money mitigated her lack of educational and career goals (she didn’t need to work to eat) and “running up on” (god I sound like my Mom!!! Lol) Cole (a nice decent man who did want to be a husband and good step dad) when she did meant she would be taken care of financial, emotionally and practically as long as the marriage lasted. 

In a world with 2 babies with Adam, and no TM2 money, and no Cole- Randy wouldve been harassing her constantly to DO SOMETHING and bailing her out when she couldn’t pay her credit card bill. 

• Love 6
On 1/16/2021 at 6:40 PM, HeySandyStrange said:

I hate to be a contrarian asshole, but honestly, out of all of the girls, Jenelle has always struck me as the most cold and lacking, as far as emotions and basic humanity goes. Kail is a stone cold bitch a lot of the times, Chelsea is a bit spoiled and dim, and Leah is dumb as a box of rocks, but they all, even Kail, have some sort of emotions and ability to feel. Honestly, I’ve always thought that Jenelle is pretty close to being a psychopath, in the sense she doesn’t experience more the very shallow emotions, seems to lack empathy and is extremely selfish. So while I can see her upbringing did her no favors, I’m not sure if she would’ve been that much different if her childhood had been different.

You know what's weird about Jenelle? She is completely lacking in any emotional attachment to her kids, her mother, her siblings, her friends- but damn that girl is a barnacle when it comes to romantic partners. She is cringe-worthy levels of needy and attached to the men in her life. I believe she has never been anything but indifferent to Jace (as her child, not counting as a weapon she can use against her mother), and became indifferent to Kaiser once Nathan was out of her life. I think she has virtually no feelings for her children other than what resources they provide her to fuck with people she feels have wronged her.

• Love 10
On 1/20/2021 at 8:13 PM, Tatum said:

You know what's weird about Jenelle? She is completely lacking in any emotional attachment to her kids, her mother, her siblings, her friends- but damn that girl is a barnacle when it comes to romantic partners. She is cringe-worthy levels of needy and attached to the men in her life. I believe she has never been anything but indifferent to Jace (as her child, not counting as a weapon she can use against her mother), and became indifferent to Kaiser once Nathan was out of her life. I think she has virtually no feelings for her children other than what resources they provide her to fuck with people she feels have wronged her.

My belief is that she suffers from Narcissistic Personality Disorder and Borderline Personality Disorder.  In fact I think many season ago she was diagnosed with the latter and talked about it on the show.  

I just read this article about Leah and her special needs daughter.  How long ago did Leah reveal her daughter’s diagnosis?  I haven’t watched in years, but for a long while, Leah said there was no diagnosis.  And that they treated her as being weak. I found it odd that after all those tests, they didn’t have an answer.  

https://people.com/parents/leah-messer-shares-update-daughter-muscular-dystrophy-teen-mom-2/

• Useful 1