Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E22: Lucifer Rising

DittyDotDot
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I thought that I was the only one here who didn't really like season 4. It used to be my least favorite season also... until season 8 and 9 came along.

I still have a hard time considering rewatching the season much, though, so I admire your renewed attempt above. I generally just pick out my few favorite episodes from the season and they are almost all standalones

I tend to skip over to my favs in season 4 as well as season 7-9. Seasons 2-3 are the only ones that I can watch straight through without skipping, One issue that I have with season 4 beyond the brother's relationship is Genevieve's version of Ruby. I can't help the mental comparisons in most of her scenes because I thought that Katie's portrayal was much better. 

13 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If I'm remembering correctly,  when Dean hallucinated Sam in Yellow Fever his eyes were yellow. I realize that was about Dean's fears, still it would've been a fun bit of continuity if they turned yellow when his powers were peaking. But then (I think) that would've meant some kind of ascension and it would've made even less sense that his powers seemingly burned out after he blew his load, so to speak, killing Lilith.

It was actually that scene in Yellow Fever that popped in my head when I rewatched this episode. With the "Boy King" status and the fact that he was chosen to lead by Azazel and had actual followers I would have thought that it would have propelled him to a higher level than the average demon.

• Love 1

Revisiting this thread reminds me how much I hated bobby’s speech to dean where he basically said that dean was not allowed to take care of himself. It didn’t matter what sam had done to dean, sam must come first. Sadly the notion that dean doesn’t matter is being brought forward by fresh characters,who are not even in the family dynamic, in season 14.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, devlin said:

Revisiting this thread reminds me how much I hated bobby’s speech to dean where he basically said that dean was not allowed to take care of himself. It didn’t matter what sam had done to dean, sam must come first. Sadly the notion that dean doesn’t matter is being brought forward by fresh characters,who are not even in the family dynamic, in season 14.

That's not what he said at all.  He knew that Dean would regret it if he just let Sam destroy himself, so he tried to prevent that from happening.  Plus, he's right to a certain extent.  Family is family.  You help them out.  They help you out.  Sam made a serious, serious, serious mistake.  HIs decision to drink demon blood is tied for the worst thing that any of the good guys have done on the show.  And, I'm not justifying it. At all.  But, nothing is completely unforgivable and Dean would have regretted his choice later, because he's Dean.  Bobby was just trying to prevent that, and therefore help Dean.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That's not what he said at all.  He knew that Dean would regret it if he just let Sam destroy himself, so he tried to prevent that from happening.  Plus, he's right to a certain extent.  Family is family.  You help them out.  They help you out.  Sam made a serious, serious, serious mistake.  HIs decision to drink demon blood is tied for the worst thing that any of the good guys have done on the show.  And, I'm not justifying it. At all.  But, nothing is completely unforgivable and Dean would have regretted his choice later, because he's Dean.  Bobby was just trying to prevent that, and therefore help Dean.

That  is what what he said, though.  He called Dean a whiny brat and said he sounded like a princess and threw the words boo hoo at him.  Bobby's speech sounded exactly like he was telling Dean to stop being upset he acted like Dean didn't have a right to feel the way he did. Those arent' the words you would use if you were trying to tell someone you understood how they felt.

If that was the message Bobby was trying to get across why not say something like, "Dean, I know your mad, and you have every right to be, but you can kick Sam's ass later, but I know you and I know that if there was even a small chance to save Sam and you didn't take it, you would never be able to live with yourself. "  Same message and acknowledges Dean's feelings instead of outright dismissing them.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 10