Type keyword(s) to search

Persian Nom Party

Giselle
  • Start Topic

One of the things that annoys me so insanely much about the Real Housewives franchise is that they have these lavish cocktail/dinner parties, yet you never hardly see the women actually eating and enjoying all those amazing spreads.

But not on this show!!

These ladies love their food and enjoy every celebratory bite of their Persian nom-fests.

I find that insanely endearing and can't wait to see yet more Persian spreads and drunken outings too!

• Love 1

I think the difference is that for these women it might be culture but it also might be the only time they can eat food at this level of quality.  All these people seem one BRAVO paycheck from asking if I want fries with that.   Asa really seems into the free food.  If food is served during a scene she barely pulls her head up from the plate unless she is scripted to have a fight with someone.

Anyone have the spread on who Reza will turn on this season since Lily is gone?

I think the difference is that for these women it might be culture but it also might be the only time they can eat food at this level of quality.  All these people seem one BRAVO paycheck from asking if I want fries with that.   Asa really seems into the free food.  If food is served during a scene she barely pulls her head up from the plate unless she is scripted to have a fight with someone.

Anyone have the spread on who Reza will turn on this season since Lily is gone?

I think it is just part of their culture, also they haven't bought into the "skinny at all cost" mindset and they enjoy eating whether it is one on one, or communal feasts and parties. They also seem to be proud of their bodies and how individually unique they are. That is healthy and I wish more young women felt that way. As to the quality of food or close to flipping burgers I don't think for one minute that it is feast or famine for them depending if the show is taping or not.

I think Mike, Gigi and Lily are this side of being trust fund babies, their parents are wealthy and I don't think they ever wanted or will want for a thing, though they might blow through any assets their parents have given/will give them. Reza and MJ I don't know about, but I don't think they are hurting for money. Reza seems to do well in real estate  and I think MJ works when she wants to, maybe she has money from her father. Asa on the other hand, I think she grew up poorer than the others and it seems to me that she has had to work for what she has. She is the only one outside of Reza that seems to know how to cook.

If I was at one of their shindigs I'd be there right along with Asa, "Let the others fight, did you try this? MMMMM....hand me some of that!" I love Persian and Middle Eastern food! 

edited to add: Love the phrase PERSIAN NOM PARTIES!

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 2

Asa on the other hand, I think she grew up poorer than the others and it seems to me that she has had to work for what she has. She is the only one outside of Reza that seems to know how to cook.

If I was at one of their shindigs I'd be there right along with Asa, "Let the others fight, did you try this? MMMMM....hand me some of that!" I love Persian and Middle Eastern food!

edited to add: Love the phrase PERSIAN NOM PARTIES!

Thank you, Giselle! That's generally how I refer to this show: Persian Nom-Parties!!

I'd gladly join the big girls at the table feeding my face too. Lilly was always so proud of her tiny figure, but what's the point of that if you can't even drink and party and just cut loose with the big girls??

And yes, I love how confident and free Asa is about her curvy figure---I think it makes her the sexiest of these ladies overall, especially in light of the far more insecure vibes that both MJ and GG give off with their own constant focus on their looks and figures.

Or maybe that's just their desperate single lady blues coming through?

Speaking of which, the only thing I can gather from Asa's mysterious sources of wealth and somehow being able to support her creative "Persian Priestess" pursuits despite coming from a poor background is that she knows how to choose wealthy partners.

I know she lived with a very successful and rich businessman for quite a few years before doing this show and somehow ended up with that lovely house that they once had shared together. She mentioned that she'd rented it out for a while and probably made some decent dough as a landlord there.

And she's been seriously involved with Jermaine Jackson's son for the past few years, so he's probably helped fund quite a few of her recent efforts, so there's that.

Can't blame a confident gal for using her charms and wits to land a good man!

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 1

Thank you Once Sane for creating the thread.....nom, nom, nom.

And for switching our posts over.....nom, nom, nom.

You're the BESTEST! ....nom, nom, nom.

Edited by Giselle
(edited)

Asa's Spicy Green Sauce. 

Bravo misled us into believing that we were finally going to get one of Asa's recipies only to get us to read a deceptive blog   post http://www.bravotv.com/shahs-of-sunset/season-5/blogs/weve-got-the-secret-to-asas-magical-green-sauce where she coyly tells us nothing except that it has 5 ingredients and alludes to creating the sauce. 

This spicy sauce, an Afghani/Persian Chutney from Persianrecipes.com also uses only 5 ingredients and seems very similar.

I've made it before and It's really good.  Especially with roasted or grilled meats and fish. To get Asa's consistency blend it smooth.

http://persianrecipes.com/?s=Chutney

And another:

http://presleyspantry.com/2014/10/31/spicy-spinach-sauce/

Edited by Giselle
5 hours ago, Giselle said:

I love how Reza says "we'll have two of everything on the happy hour menu." These guys aren't afraid to be seen eating. That is so normal and nice to see.

And actually real!!! 

• Love 4