Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E2: The Flame Game

Yeah No
  • Start Topic

Well I was happy that Amber's attempt at throwing Magali under the bus got foiled, especially after the red team had decided not to out Magali on her willingness to put herself up for elimination.

Michael is annoying and full of himself already. Egypt is also getting annoying. It looks like this "head chef" angle is going to make for a lot of annoying personality clashes, but I guess that was the idea. Too many bosses in the kitchen.

• Like 2

Also I couldn't help but notice what a nice day it was when they were all outside with Gordon staging that pitchfork lighting. I remember they were filing in August and it was only that nice on two or three days the entire month.

I liked how Whit bounced back during the flambe challenge, and have a friend who never ate fresh salmon until we went out to dinner one time as she grew up eating canned salmon similar to Whit's experience.  And, there is a HUGE difference between canned and fresh, so kudos to Whit for creating a winning dish with a protein she had never cooked before.

I'm back and forth on Egypt-he was right about several things in this episode, but then his Wellington.  But, overall, I like him.  Michael?  Not so much.  

Amber was definitely the right choice.  I think she also got the only 3 last week, so weaker than some of the other chefs.

I like the seriousness of the male sous chef (Jason?), and don't have a feel for Michelle (?) yet.  As always, it will take me a few episodes to learn everyone's name.

And, in case anyone was wondering, Gordon really does use Hexclad knives in his restaurants (I experienced that in July in the River Room).

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I'm back and forth on Egypt-he was right about several things in this episode, but then his Wellington.  But, overall, I like him.  Michael?  Not so much. 

He did have a point though.  It rested too long because of all the other issues with the service. 

Glad to see Amber go though although I thought for sure it was going to be Magali after Gordon found out she put herself up.  I did understand her reasoning for it though so maybe Gordon agreed?  Unless not being able to count to five is worse. :)

• Useful 1

I thought Magali's response about taking responsibility was a factor in Gordon's decision although Amber did seem like the weaker cook.

Egypt isn't doing himself any favors by annoying the other chefs with his bossiness but, overall, he's been right most of the time.  Maybe they'd pay more attention if he toned down his approach.

Whit is on the red team but has a five o'clock shadow.  Am I the only one who is seeing this?  It's confusing.

Edited by mlp
Correct something
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, mlp said:

I thought Magali's response about taking responsibility was a factor in Gordon's decision although Amber did seem like the weaker cook.

Egypt isn't doing himself any favors by annoying the other chefs with his bossiness but, overall, he's been right most of the time.  Maybe they'd pay more attention if he toned down his approach.

Whit is on the red team but has a five o'clock shadow.  Am I the only one who is seeing this?  It's confusing.

No I saw it too. It's not really that uncommon for women to have some natural facial hair, I just think she chooses to leave it as is, which I don't love esthetically any more than I love unshaven legs, but I respect it.