Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: The Snatch Game of Love

• Start Topic

Back in the Werkroom, the survivors of last week's slaughter blearily look around and try to remember who just got cut. Was it Eva? Athena? Wait, wasn't there someone named Soa on the season? It's time for another episode of Global All Stars!

Ru enters the Werkroom to hustle the queens into another quick drag mini-challenge, and I'll just segue into a mea culpa from last week, because this one is definitely worse. After the queens...do some stuff, Ru throws some money at Gala. And at this point, even if I didn't know what the Maxi challenge was going to be, I would start to worry. You guys, the editing is just so bad this season.

Ru emerges from a portal straight from the Fracking Paradise of Wyoming to utter words of terror for at least half the cast: it's time for The Snatch Game!

Worried faces populate the room as they contemplate their fate -- with most of those looks of gloom coming from those whose English is their second (or third) languages. Because they're not stupid. Still, they soldier on -- shall we?

The queens look anxious as they bring their characters up for a Ruspection. Gala seeks advice from (or is forced to listen) to Alyssa, a risky choice. Did she not watch Alyssa's seasons? 

Most seem set on their choices, but Pythia quickly pivots when Ru hints that she should, showing everyone her smarts. But more on that later!

With a little more Werkroom chat, we pivot to the Snatch Game. In keeping with the franchise, this is the "Love" variant and, as things unfold, it's one of the better ones -- judging aside. But more on that later!

While no one really knocks this out of the park, most of the queens do fairly well, and only Gala and Vanity spiral after they get stuck in their respective heads. Still, it isn't terrible, which is as good as it gets these days. Kween, who definitely makes a...choice with a character that's going to get a lot of online backlash, and Pythia, with a choadish Zeus, shine. They do not get picked for dates.

On the runway, the queens flaunt food-inspired looks, and they all look pretty good, although Vanity's gown reeks of hot glue and the crafting table. The money gap is, once again, on full display.

Alyssa and Kween are safe -- Alyssa because, as Tessa accurately and cuttingly states, she played Alyssa as her character. She seethes to Kween that she promises to bring Alyssa 5.0 to the competition, because clearly a softer, more subtle approach is now in order. Just kidding! Alyssa has come to devour us all.

Pythia, Nehellenia (who did very well playing up her smarts and Ru's fondness for annoying stereotypes into a winning performance), and Kitty are the tops. This is correct, although I would have swapped out Kitty, who has another ugly runway, for Kween, even with Kween's continued ugliness towards Nehellenia. Kitty wins! Whatever.

Gala and Vanity find themselves lipsynching to "Mah na ma na", an inspired choice. Vanity finds the absurdity in the song to turn in a great performance, and while Gala does well, she can't match Vanity's goofiness. Vanity stays! Well, before it was memorialized by The Muppets, it did appear first in the 60s mondo film "Sweden: Heaven and Hell", so it's appropriate. Gala makes a graceful exit to a show that did her wrong. The judging may have stuck the landing, but the process -- giving Kitty lavish praise and an unnecessary win -- is just so maddeningly off. Boo!

Next week: it's a roast! Will Ru finally cut off Nehellenia's interesting journey on this show? We don't need Priyanka's shaky Miss Cleo to read these tea leaves.

Stray thoughts: 

-I've just about had it with Kween's continued bitchiness toward Nehellenia, who really was edited out of most of the episode. Either show us the evidence, or just keep quiet at this point. We. Get. It.

-Ru's boobs looked weird on the runway -- the proportions were off, and the right one looked lumpy. What!

-Nehellenia remains winless, though she could have easily won this. I fear that she, and Pythia -- who has, if anything, done even better -- will be the next to be punted from the season.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I've just about had it with Kween's continued bitchiness toward Nehellenia, who really was edited out of most of the episode. Either show us the evidence, or just keep quiet at this point. We. Get. It.

Seriously, she referred to Nelly as a "creep." WTF? How? Show me!

• Like 4

I was not in the least bit amused by Snatch Game, I don't like this version at all.  I like the traditional setup.   Zeus & Alyssa/Annie were both amusing, but not funny.  They both made me smile, but neither made me laugh.  Kween Dong was ridiculous. 

I want whatever the fuck meds Ru is on to make her think it was all so hilarious.

Alyssa is really going for the Miss Congeniality award while in the group.  She's always the first to compliment & console, so she's got that nailed, no matter how put on it may be.  I do love Alyssa, so I don't care that she's a fake-ass bitch.

My problem with Gala was the lack of clothing, thus the lack of drag.  Yet again, it was a mostly naked male body with just the barest hint of effort.  If I want constant man abs & nipples on my screen, I'll just keep replaying Pit Crew appearances.  I was glad she was finally let go.  

I do love the roasts when they go well.  I'm hoping next week will restore my enjoyment level in this show. 

Bonus: Minimal Michelle Visage

Edited by SnapHappy
On 9/21/2024 at 12:19 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

I've just about had it with Kween's continued bitchiness toward Nehellenia, who really was edited out of most of the episode. Either show us the evidence, or just keep quiet at this point. We. Get. It.

I've had it. Nehellenia was really sweet on her season. Kween, with all the femininity and finesse of a football player in first time drag, is far too aggressive in her critiques and seems to have developed a swelled head.

• Like 2