Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E29: Power of Veto #9

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Veto Competition is played, and this time, the houseguests have two Powers of Veto up for grabs.  But what is this second Veto that Jankie has in store?  The Powers of Veto can save one or even both of the two nominees.

Edited by Rodney

I know the houseguests are miserable (and the feeds correspondingly so), but Jankie World in the episodes has made me laugh more than once.  It is SO stupid and they are SO over it.  

The dancing and singing wouldn't bother me that much.  But I really feel for them having to eat pizza and ice cream on demand. 

I wonder if Leah practiced at all before the Jankie veto contest.  Because she didn't act like she was worried about it before she walked up to the booth.  And she really should have been.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

So...add the Jankie Veto to the long line of fizzled twists that amounted to nothing. I have to wonder if Leah was throwing (not pun intended) that comp so she would not have to put Cheslie up  (which I really, really wanted to see)

Mannnn...if Rubina goes to jury my interest will nosedive by 99% because there will be nobody left to root for.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Thalia said:

I wonder if Leah practiced at all before the Jankie veto contest.  Because she didn't act like she was worried about it before she walked up to the booth.  And she really should have been.  

Considering Leah DIDN’T EVEN BOTHER TO SHUCK THE BATHROBE before trying to chuck a softball, I’d guess her prior prep was pretty damn nonexistent….  🙄

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Props to Angela on her first Veto win.  That looked like a deceptively tough puzzle.

The editors really had fun burying T'Kor in this episode.  What a whiner she's truly been revealed to be.

• Like 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Thalia said:

Leah doesn't even know how to freaking throw a baseball.  She brought back that horrid old saying: "She throws like a girl."  That ain't cool, Leah.  It's a baseball, Leah.  Not a shot put.  Everybody in America should know how to throw a damn baseball.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Skooma said:

Leah doesn't even know how to freaking throw a baseball.  She brought back that horrid old saying: "She throws like a girl."  That ain't cool, Leah.  It's a baseball, Leah.  Not a shot put.  Everybody in America should know how to throw a damn baseball.

I'm afraid if you had been in one of my high school gym classes (thankfully truncated because of marching band), you'd be saying that "Leah throws like Thalia."  :-)  

Another thing I've noticed about Jankie World is that while everyone else is falling apart (I don't include Cam, who seemingly just exists), Angela is having the time of her life.   I know she isn't in danger, but in the past it hasn't mattered whether she's in danger OR safe: both send her over the bend.  

I have a couple of theories.  1) for once she truly can see what everyone else in the house is doing.  They can't sneak off and "plot against her."  2) She is a full fledged member of Jankie World and Jankie invited HER to the fun along with everyone else! 3) Schadenfreude 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I love the Jankie World episodes. As Thalia said, the worst part is the food. I would be so sick if I had to eat pizza and ice cream day after day, but it's fun to see these troopers doing what they have to do to get through the week. This is a very difficult challenge. I do keep thinking through my clenched teeth: is it over yet?😬 Everyone seems to get along in a mostly good-natured way, which is something different than the norm.

• Like 3